ED visa to double entry tourist visa

I am currently on an ED visa which expires in July at the time my Thai language course completes.

At this time, will it be possible to obtain a double entry tourist visa from Laos and on expiry of this one obtain a further double tourist via, i.e. remain in Thailand for a further 12 months period?

My current passport visa entries are: multiple non imm O visa (marriage), Retirement extension, multiple non imm O visa (marriage and now divorced) and currently an ED visa as stated above.

The reason for this extended 12 months in Thailand is that I wish to travel extensively and return to further my Thai language studies after this period.

For further information, I have never had a 30 day non-exempt stamp or a tourist visa so therefore my question is, will I have any problems obtaining a double entry tourist visa followed by a further one?

• 3 weeks later...

Just one other quick question, I have decided to again apply for a multiple non-imm O visa. Is it a TM 7 application form I need to complete?

I have now re-married.

A TM7 form is to get an extension of stay at immigration. You fill out a visa application form for the embassy or consulate where you are applying for the visa.