Thai Irrigation Dept staff member beaten by anti-government guards

webfact

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a hospital refused treatment?, sounds like a load of sh*t to me, lets wait for the footage to emerge then we can see exactly what really happened.

not as unusual as it sounds, Thai's are basically gutless unless in a group,

Yep, seen many gutless hospitals ganging up on people. Happens all the time.

This sounds fishy as hell, especially the part about being refused treatment.

If this is unsubstanciated, why is it being reported as if fact? Very poor journalism, as usual.

OMG substantiated facts...? Here...? Sorry you and I will both be PM before that happens..

You bet it is poor journalism they got no more real headlines now... their Circus is pretty muchbut I am sure they will get plenty of knee jerk responses and interpretations...

next we will be hearing about the fake soi dog march on Government house...

over ...

Here is one for example

I think it is time for the police nd the army to go in and arrest ALLof sutheps guards and thugs. Enough is enough. These thugs are just running around beating up any one they want to with complete impunity. WHEN ARE YOU PEOPLE IN BANGKOK GOING TO WAKE UP AND STOP SUTHEP AND HIS THUGS.

a hospital refused treatment?, sounds like a load of sh*t to me, lets wait for the footage to emerge then we can see exactly what really happened.

not as unusual as it sounds, Thai's are basically gutless unless in a group,

Yep, seen many gutless hospitals ganging up on people. Happens all the time.

YeP especially if sutheps thugs are standing around in the area.

Has this report being composed by Chalerm himself?

Is it another, Sunisa, and her lies, incident?

I will wait for more details to come out before I express an opinion.

Wht do you say it is ANOTHER LIE? Sunisa has witnesses and proof. Get your facts straight please.

On the face of it, it might sound a little suspicious, but full marks to the police for investigating this serious incident so quickly.

I'm confident that they'll do a sterling job in determining the truth and if a crime has been committed, convicting those who did it.

If this is unsubstanciated, why is it being reported as if fact? Very poor journalism, as usual.

There were pictures of the incident on social media a couple of days ago:

BhfpF9eCYAADG7H.jpg

It's funny that people are quickly rubbishing this story despite believing a completely unsubstantiated story about a hospital director harassed by 'red thugs' from Thai PBS English (not a particularly reliable source) which comes directly from someone involved in the protests - i.e. probably someone with more reason to lie than this security guard does and even expect 'pro-red' posters to issues condemnations on the basis of a story with zero details (in what way were the 'red thugs' harassing him and why?).

Obviously people can point to the fact that the reds haven't exactly been innocent of similar charges in the past and maybe that's fair enough, but have they missed all the stories about protest guards beating people up? It happens on a regular basis. So if you're inclined to believe the reds are guilty based on that story, even though there's zero evidence and not even any details of what they're supposed to have done, then you should be even more disinclined to doubt this story where there's far more evidence. So why is it 'fishy as hell'?

Do you have a source for the picture please.. also do you mean yesterday (as in Friday) or a couple of days ago (as in Wed - Thurs)

I like to know the name of the hospital (if it exists) that allegedly refused him treatment. I think doctors and nurses would never refuse to treatment anyone.

Has happened before, refusing to treat security forces involved in crackdowns on protesters.

BhfpF9eCYAADG7H.jpg

It's funny that people are quickly rubbishing this story despite believing a completely unsubstantiated story about a hospital director harassed by 'red thugs' from Thai PBS English (not a particularly reliable source) which comes directly from someone involved in the protests - i.e. probably someone with more reason to lie than this security guard does and even expect 'pro-red' posters to issues condemnations on the basis of a story with zero details (in what way were the 'red thugs' harassing him and why?).

Obviously people can point to the fact that the reds haven't exactly been innocent of similar charges in the past and maybe that's fair enough, but have they missed all the stories about protest guards beating people up? It happens on a regular basis. So if you're inclined to believe the reds are guilty based on that story, even though there's zero evidence and not even any details of what they're supposed to have done, then you should be even more disinclined to doubt this story where there's far more evidence. So why is it 'fishy as hell'?

Do you have a source for the picture please.. also do you mean yesterday (as in Friday) or a couple of days ago (as in Wed - Thurs)

Here you go:

แก้วมาลา Kaewmala @Thai_Talk Feb 27

Yesterday an Irrigation Dept official was beat up by PDRC guards for continuing to work at office. pic.twitter.com/282nM6K7T9 v @ThaiFarmer_Son

employ mafia street thugs as guards and this will be the result. That was apparent from day 1 and has been repeated so many times...

If he'd blown his whistle someone might have thrown a pipe bomb at his place and shot up his mum's house with a M16.

Yes this sucks, but you never noticed the asymmetry of the violence?

Edited by Crushdepth

And back in the real world .....

1. An Irrigation Department worker was reportedly beaten by 10 PDRC guards and a hospital refuses to treat his injuries.

2. Thaksin's ex-wife's ears are assaulted by excessive whistle blowing.

3. A Government spokesperson is help for an hour by PDRC guards in Bangkok.

Meanwhile .... UDD leaders & at least one government minister joyfully celebrate the cold blooded murder of 4 innocent children.

By the way, how is that life threatening bruise on the spokeswoman's arm?

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I like to know the name of the hospital (if it exists) that allegedly refused him treatment. I think doctors and nurses would never refuse to treatment anyone.

How is anyone surprised when just recently PDRC enter the Ministry of Health facilities to threaten the Minister, employees and patients for removing anti-government banners placed inside the facility? For people who are so adamant against corruption, they don't seem to mind breaking the rule of law.

Government TV crews would have been all over the hospital to ask if it normal policy to refuse treatment in such circumstances.

And back in the real world .....

1. An Irrigation Department worker was reportedly beaten by 10 PDRC guards and a hospital refuses to treat his injuries.

2. Thaksin's ex-wife's ears are assaulted by excessive whistle blowing.

3. A Government spokesperson is help for an hour by PDRC guards in Bangkok.

Meanwhile .... UDD leaders & at least one government minister joyfully celebrate the cold blooded murder of 4 innocent children.

By the way, how is that life threatening bruise on the spokeswoman's arm?

I think it's in the same category as Nick Nostitz's injuries after he was beaten to whithin a whisker of his life by PDRC guards he argued with when they told him to stop taking pictures.

Has this report being composed by Chalerm himself?

Is it another, Sunisa, and her lies, incident?

I will wait for more details to come out before I express an opinion.

you express it already - not that we care

a guy was BEATEN can you not summon ANY common humanity? I have condemned violence on either side but all we every get from you is yellow propaganda and support for fascism

have some compassion

• Like 1

Crushdepth, on 01 Mar 2014 - 21:20, said:
uty6543, on 01 Mar 2014 - 11:44, said:

Has happened before, refusing to treat security forces involved in crackdowns on protesters.

As I have already mentioned and provided links for. Doctors at Chulalongkorn Hospital refusing to treat policemen injured in a "crackdown" on PAD yellowshirts, to be precise.

No-one wonders why there is an "Irrigation Department"?

Added: Oh OK, now I know why I've never heard of it.

The mission of the Royal Irrigation Department is as follows: 1. To develop the potential of the basin water balance. 2. Oversee effective water management in a thorough, fair and sustainable method. 3. Promoting participation in the process of development and water management at all levels of integration. 4. The prevention and relief of disasters caused by water.
Edited by Chicog

Footage? It is unlikely that anyone was recording a clear and complete record of events.

And it is plausible that the hospital refused to admit the person. It has happened before under similar circumstances. When the student gangs go at each other, and the injured are then transported to hospitals, the staff have blocked the doors and refused entry of everyone for fear of the brawl starting up again in the hospital. One doesn't know if the injured party was followed to the hospital and if those people were milling about. The hospital owes a duty of care to its other patients. Hospitals are not fortresses and do not have the staff on hand to prevent assaults on the staff.

There are also some "for profit" hospitals that regularly turn away patients. In Thailand. There is a definite gap between what people are supposed to do and what the reality is. Many hospitals are private businesses, not public service centers so it should not be a surprise.

OMG substantiated facts...? Here...? Sorry you and I will both be PM before that happens..

You bet it is poor journalism they got no more real headlines now... their Circus is pretty muchbut I am sure they will get plenty of knee jerk responses and interpretations...

over ...

Here is one for example

Ten to one sounds like yellow odds, very brave guys when they out numbered the guy! you will always have yellow supporters on the forum back any kind of despicable act by the protester or their navy seal guards!

Hospitals are very anti Redshirts, as Thaksin passed the 30 baht scheme took lot of their tea money away, many doctors refuse to work for the 30 baht hospital as they do not make much money as in the past!

BhfpF9eCYAADG7H.jpg

Here you go:

แก้วมาลา Kaewmala @Thai_Talk Feb 27

Yesterday an Irrigation Dept official was beat up by PDRC guards for continuing to work at office. pic.twitter.com/282nM6K7T9 v @ThaiFarmer_Son

Ok thanks BUT now i'm really confused. The OP says they stormed the irrigation dept Friday which would be 28th February BUT the tweet is 27th Feb Referring to an incident the day before on the 26th. So something is out in this story!

over ...

Here is one for example

Ten to one sounds like yellow odds, very brave guys when they out numbered the guy! you will always have yellow supporters on the forum back any kind of despicable act by the protester or their navy seal guards!

Hospitals are very anti Redshirts, as Thaksin passed the 30 baht scheme took lot of their tea money away, many doctors refuse to work for the 30 baht hospital as they do not make much money as in the past!

What a crock of shit you write. Many rural doctors certainly do not like the last Minister of Health as he wanted to change many things which would affect rural hospitals. But to blame the 30baht scheme is just dumb.

10 to 1 is just the Thai male way, whether they be yellow,red or pink polka dots ANY TIME there is an altercation this happens. Doesn't make it right but TIT.

There is a precedent for refusal of treatment for political reasons.

In October 2008, PAD protestors tried to blockade parliament to prevent then PM Somchai from giving the constitutionally required policy speech. The police responded with tear gas, including Chinese-made tear gas grenades which contained an explosive charge. This led to some serious injuries and the death of a female protester. (In the same incident a PAD guard blew himself up in a car full of explosives and police also suffered injuries including one who was run over by a protestor’s pick-up, which reversed and ran over him a second time).

A group of doctors at Chulalongkorn Hospital announced that in protest at the police action, they would refuse treatment to any police or their families. Some days later they were later ordered to reverse their stance and I do not know if any police officer requested and was refused treatment (there is of course the Police Hospital).

• Like 1

employ mafia street thugs as guards and this will be the result. That was apparent from day 1 and has been repeated so many times...

By both sides. However, the government's hired guns are now killing children as well.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

"However, the government's hired guns are now killing children as well."

Prove it or shut it!

Bullocks, most of the time someone got beaten, especially in a case like this, the coppers make photo's and would be glad to hand them over to any pro-redshirt media..

But we might get some photos hoped pictures tomorrow

By both sides. However, the government's hired guns are now killing children as well.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

"However, the government's hired guns are now killing children as well."

Prove it or shut it!

Dumb Eddy,

there has been already enough evidence that the Trat bombing/shooting came from the red camp, the Big C bombing will not be different.

and the more then 100 rounds of AK 47 to the mum's house of the whistleblower???

Or were they all done by kids??

go get yourself a bottle of Chalerms ear drops and get blathered.