overstay 1 day

arrived here on VOA.got extension 7 days, but i needed 8 days.laws says only 7.

would 1 day overstay(had to leave no later than 24th feb, my return flight was on 25th feb, 23:45) have any consequences on future visa to Thailand?

i was not asked to pay the 500 THB fine, but they stamped my passport.

thanks.

thanks.

i am bit worried...i got 15 days VOA, then 7 days extension and didnt managed to leave after the timeframe...i overstayed VOA+Extension with 1 day.

i asked an Immigration official at the time of extension application and she said it will not have an effect on future visa to Thailand whatsoever.

at the time when i left the Airport they put a blue stamp on my passport, not red, like some users explained her.

I managed to overstay 1 day a couple of years ago with a 500bt fine at a land border and the requisite stamp....

No problems subsequently extending (2x so far) for retirement, although they did want a copy of the overstay stamp page on each occasion.

how do you get a 7 days extension for a 15 days VOA? I am very interested for my next trip in may

Are you asking about a VOA you pay 1000 baht for on entry or a 15 day visa exempt entry get at a border crossing.

It would be the same paperwork for both but for a true VOA you will need to show a ticket out of the country within those 7 days.

You will need a completed TM7 application form with attached photo. Copy of your passport photo page, visa (VOA), entry/permit to stay stamp and TM6 departure card.

A reminder about the VOA. You will need to show a ticket out within 15 days when you apply for it.

I have been reading all kinds of info about Thai visas and entry permits, as I am going to Thailand May I will have a 2 entry visa , ,My take on this is after 59 days

I leave Thailand by land get a re entry permit and come back in witout any problems and my 2nd entry kicks in , is this right , I have become confused with the process as there seems to be a lot of different ways I have to go , it is my first visa trip as I normally just get a VOA for 30 days. I am married to a Thia lady for the last 8 years and we live in Canada , she wants to just visit for 30 days to see her family I want to stay longer as we have a house there, can I get a marriage visa and stay for 1 year , the wife wants to come back as she works . so I don't know if I qualified for marriage visa if she dose not live there and I don't want to loose any money by being

refused

Edited by KEVINMIKE

I have been reading all kinds of info about Thai visas and entry permits, as I am going to Thailand May I will have a 2 entry visa , ,My take on this is after 59 days

I leave Thailand by land get a re entry permit and come back in witout any problems and my 2nd entry kicks in , is this right , I have become confused with the process as there seems to be a lot of different ways I have to go , it is my first visa trip as I normally just get a VOA for 30 days. I am married to a Thia lady for the last 8 years and we live in Canada , she wants to just visit for 30 days to see her family I want to stay longer as we have a house there, can I get a marriage visa and stay for 1 year , the wife wants to come back as she works . so I don't know if I qualified for marriage visa if she dose not live there and I don't want to loose any money by being

refused

You should have searched better or opened a new thread.

You can exteded each 60 days entry by 30 days at local immigration for 1,900 Bt. So your two entries tourist visa will allow you 180 days in country with a single border run.

So much confusion !

I presume what is being talked about is a double entry tourist visa.

On entry that visa will allow an initial stay of 60 days. The second entry is simply activated by entering another country and then returning to Thailand. No need for anything other than a valid passport and the financial means of paying for a visa to enter another country (+maybe a few passport photos)

Each 60 day entry is extendable by 30 days on application to a local immigration office but the second entry must be made prior to the visas expiry date.

If Canadian it is highly unlikely a VOA was ever obtained ! More likely a visa exempt entry was allowed.

You could attempt to obtain an extension of stay based on marriage ( not a visa)

This would involve in the first instance converting the tourist visa to an O visa which most likely can only be done in Bangkok. Evidence of 400,000, Bht in a Thai bank or an income of 40,000 Bht/a month (evidenced by the Canadian Embassy ) would be required. As your wife only intends to stay for thirty days it would be difficult to complete the application as her active involvement is required when making application for the extension which would be done some 60 days after the "o"visa conversion.

Your plan to stay longer could perhaps be achieved by obtaining a second double entry tourist visa from the Thai consulate in Laos.

Edited by thepool

When I used to come here as a tourists I normally visited every third month, for a month. But sometimes on my December trip I would stay for 5 weeks. Being too lazy to get my 30 day tourist visa extended, I would just over stay by a week and pay the fine. This had no impact on subsequent trips and no impact on my subsequent annual visa now I live here.

Don't worry about it.

SDM

A few years back, I accidently overstayed by two days - Immigration office was closed on Saturday, so I extended on Monday - 2000 Baht fine, but allowed to stay...

Overstay for 2 days is 1,000 baht. It is 500 baht a day.

A few years back, I accidently overstayed by two days - Immigration office was closed on Saturday, so I extended on Monday - 2000 Baht fine, but allowed to stay...

It sounds more like you paid for an extension that normally costs 1900 baht and did not get the 100 baht change back not an overstay fine. Normally immigration will not charge you an overstay fine if your permit to stay ends on a weekend or holiday and you go to the office the first day they are open.

I have overstayed several times when i visited as a tourist. Never had a problem.

When I used to come here as a tourists I normally visited every third month, for a month. But sometimes on my December trip I would stay for 5 weeks. Being too lazy to get my 30 day tourist visa extended, I would just over stay by a week and pay the fine. This had no impact on subsequent trips and no impact on my subsequent annual visa now I live here.

Don't worry about it.

SDM

Overstaying once may be one thing; but to make a habit of it is IMHO inexcusable.

Overstaying once may be one thing; but to make a habit of it is IMHO inexcusable.

Thread was missing thar, the immancable judging of nothing exactly. Thank you for filling the gap.

I have overstayed several times when i visited as a tourist. Never had a problem.

Don't worry about it.

SDM

Two things are clear however. Firstly I was excused by the people who actually matter, and secondly I was able to contribute to the Thai economy, several times in fact. Although I think the word " inexcusable" is far too strong, to overstay intentionally is clearly wrong.

SDM

Edited by ubonjoe
moved reply from quoted text