6-year-old, aunt killed in Phuket motorbike crash

Lite Beer

It makes me so angry.

I see impatient drivers go onto the wrong side of the road to get to the green light in the distance all the time, and often making an overtaking attempt putting them in my lane coming directly at me..... I have been forced into the gutter a few times. Pick-up trucks seem to be a common vehicle for this ... it is often farang drivers too!

BS.....farang drivers..

• Like 1

RIP to deceased and sincere condolences to all her family and friends Why do Thais show so little caring for their children a six year old should only be transported secured in an appropriate child seat certainly not clinging on to an adult on a motorbike even wearing an approved helmet this is not a safe environment for a child.

Sadly, the ordinary folks of this country have few if any alternatives. They still need to get around to conduct their business and their choice is to take risks and eat, or starve.

I feel less compassion for the foreigner, who being obviously more intelligent and better educated, couldn't be assed to pay attention to his own safety.

Hopefully soon the ordinary folks of Thailand will be affluent and educated enough to utilise all the Health and Safety trappings of the Western world and consumuer prices will be at parity, if not more.

Enjoy your cheap beer.

Jerry

You talk <deleted>!

So anyone, sorry - any foreigner who gets injured riding a bike through no fault of their own through some maniac fookwit driver you have no compassion for, attention to safety?? So like every pedestrian who gets hit would be in the same boat then in your book, obviously 'Cheap' for walking, heaven forbid? Just hope you get compassion if your unlucky enough to find yourself caught 'Cheap' some day ehh?

RIP to the young girl and her aunt, I hope the foreign guy makes a speedy recovery and is ok

I agree. what an arrogant and insensitive 'I'm Thai-er than thou' post bah.gif

Yes it is Thailand in general, but Phuket Island takes the prize for the most insane 'me first' driving here. I see (dread) it as soon as I cross the bridge down from Phang Nga, and it's getting much much worse. Slow the fck DOWN! Better 5 minutes late in this world than 50 years early in the next. Allegedly.

'There were no helmets found at the scene ...' so they almost certainly weren't wearing any. Besides which, a six year old child, needless to say, should never have been on a motorcycle, pillion or front. And that is in no way intended to excuse the truck driver's culpability.

Edited by LivinginKata
off topic paragraph removed
  • Like 1

'There were no helmets found at the scene ...' so they almost certainly weren't wearing any. Besides which, a six year old child, needless to say, should never have been on a motorcycle, pillion or front. And that is in no way intended to excuse the truck driver's culpability.

Motorbike is the means of transport of many, many people here, including 6 year olds. Want to change Thai society?

• Like 1

RIP to deceased and sincere condolences to all her family and friends Why do Thais show so little caring for their children a six year old should only be transported secured in an appropriate child seat certainly not clinging on to an adult on a motorbike even wearing an approved helmet this is not a safe environment for a child.

Sadly, the ordinary folks of this country have few if any alternatives. They still need to get around to conduct their business and their choice is to take risks and eat, or starve.

I feel less compassion for the foreigner, who being obviously more intelligent and better educated, couldn't be assed to pay attention to his own safety.

Hopefully soon the ordinary folks of Thailand will be affluent and educated enough to utilise all the Health and Safety trappings of the Western world and consumuer prices will be at parity, if not more.

Enjoy your cheap beer.

Jerry

Obviously? How do you come to this conclusion? He could have been blind rotten drunk for all you know. Why is it implied he, or the poor unfortunate deceased did anything wrong? Try doing 60 or 80kph and have a truck turn in front of you without warning.

Where exactly did I say or even imply that those riding bikes caused the accident?

Being a foreigner he is obviously more more intelligent and better educated than a Thai. At least that's what most foreigners who live here seem to think.

Whether he was drunk or not I don't know. Why do you think being drunk is a mitigation for anything?

What they (those on bikes) did wrong is not wear a helmet and the woman carried a child on a bike in the manner of transporting shopping.

The woman made her choice because of the lifestyle here for ordinary Thais. The foreigner made their choice because they're educated and intelligent and the truck driver made their choice because they're an selfish, inconsiderate, idiot, who fully deserves the maximum penalty the law can impose.

Jerry

Enjoy your cheap beer.

Jerry

You talk <deleted>!

So anyone, sorry - any foreigner who gets injured riding a bike through no fault of their own through some maniac fookwit driver you have no compassion for, attention to safety?? So like every pedestrian who gets hit would be in the same boat then in your book, obviously 'Cheap' for walking, heaven forbid? Just hope you get compassion if your unlucky enough to find yourself caught 'Cheap' some day ehh?

RIP to the young girl and her aunt, I hope the foreign guy makes a speedy recovery and is ok

Only the ones who can't be assed to; wear appropriate safety gear, have the correct license, the correct registration, or adequate insurance.

Some folks come here and expect everything to be the same as in their home country. Many, if not most actually do things as they would back home and abide by the rules. Others dumb down. It's their choice (as a more intelligent and educated foreigner).

Jerry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate

Also wearing or not wearing helmets most likely isn't a factor here, considering the primary incident was a headon collision.

The foreigner may or may not have been saved by a helmet. As for education and intelligence I also do not see that as a factor.

I do see a poster here (J.C.) who is trying to insight anger and most likely is doing it for pure entertainment. (Commonly known as a Troll).

• Like 1