Yingluck must set an anti-graft example

webfact

She is charged with negligence, not profiting from anything. Other than the hearsay of some old bloke in yaowarat, what evidence is there?

The rice thingy is "controversial" as Thaksin nation says. Could it be done that maybe the NACC locks up some people for corruption before they expect Yingluck to give herself up?

Who writes these idiotic articles. PTP doesn't HAVE to do anything.

Please, facts only. During her tenure as PM, what corruption charges have been brought against her, except for this recent rice pledge thing. I ask because I can't seem to find any. And yes, I've seen Bigfoot, too.

Edited by sdanielmcev

Please, facts only. During yet tenure as PM, what corruption charges have been brought against her, except for this recent rice pledge thing. I ask because I can't seem to find any. And yes, I've seen Bigfoot, too.

Did you expect the DSI to investigate from firmly within Thaksin's pocket? <deleted> they changed the definition of perjury to protect the guilty.

Please, facts only. During yet tenure as PM, what corruption charges have been brought against her, except for this recent rice pledge thing. I ask because I can't seem to find any. And yes, I've seen Bigfoot, too.

Did you expect the DSI to investigate from firmly within Thaksin's pocket? <deleted> they changed the definition of perjury to protect the guilty.

Well I really don't see what Yingluck MUST do, to keep the nation happy.

She is charged with negligence, not profiting from anything. Other than the hearsay of some old bloke in yaowarat, what evidence is there?

The rice thingy is "controversial" as Thaksin nation says. Could it be done that maybe the NACC locks up some people for corruption before they expect Yingluck to give herself up?

I explained to you once how not declaring a conflict of interest is corruption. If you don't want to know, why ask?

Well, do you have any facts to support that claim? I am not supporting Ms Shinawatra. Just trying to get the facts straight.

Edited by theoldgit
Quote fixed

Well I really don't see what Yingluck MUST do, to keep the nation happy.

Going to jail would set a an anti-graft example.

Kicking Samak out of office was a preposterous Thai hypocrisy. Thailand has to begin the quest for solid professional investigative journalism and relentless prosecution that doesn't quit until the corrupted politicians and business owners are hauled off in public in handcuffs.That's the only way Thailand can begin.

It is laughable the self serving sensational separation of PTP as responsible for for condoning of corruption and hurting the national corruption campaign in Thailand??? , As all know that corruption is involved in all facets of life in Thailand and is the type of government the ammart want to return to support.

What they have pointed their fingers at as acts of corruption as "any" program that is found to aid the common man is viewed by the ammart as an attempt to buy votes, that would make FDR a tool of corruption for giving so much help to the common US citizen as one of those acts The Social Security Act was responsible for me to retire in Thailand with a national pension that was enacted by FDR's administration for all, not limited by income, Bill Gates could get a pension when he becomes of age!

Common sense is not a required virtue for the wannabe journalist of the country!

Cheers

Kicking Samak out of office was a preposterous Thai hypocrisy. Thailand has to begin the quest for solid professional investigative journalism and relentless prosecution that doesn't quit until the corrupted politicians and business owners are hauled off in public in handcuffs.That's the only way Thailand can begin.

What is preposterous about breaking the law and publically lying about it as Samak did.

He broke the law, period and as the first or Prime Minister it was his DUTY to uphold the law as indeed it is the current caretaker PM Yingluck.

Samak could have been legally re-instated as PM by the party in power at the time, the PPP but that did not happen as Thaksins brother in law, Somchai Wongsawat was chosen instead.

The PPP was disbanded as they also broke the election laws.

Am I to assume that if ANY political party does not like or respect the laws that they can just ignore the laws and the checks and balances and that is perfectly OK with you?

That is what the PTP is doing now so therefore by the extension of your logic it must be OK.

The lack of respect shown by most Thais might explain why the country is in the state it is now.

YK must set an anti-graft example

One suspects its a bit late for that now

Or of course the headline is wrong and should read

YK must set graft example

Then she has succeeded beyond everyone's wildest dream's

Had she been convicted of corruption, or any other wrong doing, she would have been gone, long ago. However. She hasn't.

On the other hand, Suthep has been found corrupt and removed from office. A bit ironic that he leads a "fight against corruption", don't you think?

Maybe he's learned his lesson. If not then investigate him again. That's how it works, or should do.

On the other hand Thaksin hasn't done his time but seems to have a lot of control over the PTP government who have had their Stop Corruption photo ops but keep trying to get him off his charges and may well be involved in corruption as well. A bit ironic?

I explained to you once how not declaring a conflict of interest is corruption. If you don't want to know, why ask?

I am just questioning why she "must" do anything? She is charged with negligence. I wish they would get on with it. The irony is of course, she might be the only one charged and convicted in the whole country.

And that is called a witch hunt. I am not saying she isn't possibly corrupt directly in the scheme. Its just normally when you go after the boss, there are quite a few underlings who get convicted first.

Conflict of interest?, does she own a rice company?

Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 1

It is laughable the self serving sensational separation of PTP as responsible for for condoning of corruption and hurting the national corruption campaign in Thailand??? , As all know that corruption is involved in all facets of life in Thailand and is the type of government the ammart want to return to support.

What they have pointed their fingers at as acts of corruption as "any" program that is found to aid the common man is viewed by the ammart as an attempt to buy votes, that would make FDR a tool of corruption for giving so much help to the common US citizen as one of those acts The Social Security Act was responsible for me to retire in Thailand with a national pension that was enacted by FDR's administration for all, not limited by income, Bill Gates could get a pension when he becomes of age!

Common sense is not a required virtue for the wannabe journalist of the country!

Cheers

The difference is the level of financial help and its sustainability. The level of increase in the minimum wage and the amount by which the farmers were price is the reason why these look like vote buying.

In theory they could have pitched these at levels that in the case of the rice would have enabled them to sell it at a small loss when the plan to manipulate the market wasn't working and keep it going at a steady rate to provide a stable ongoing increase in income for the farmers and provide grants for improvements like new machinery so the money didn't get wasted on booze or gambling. I know not all are like that but many are. The democratically elected government tried to cut the amount paid last year but had to back down and come up with a compromise when farmers threatened protests.

The minimum wage could have been applied on an hourly basis to take account of part time workers and increased slowly over a number of years with a plan to keep it from dropping back. They could have applied it to everyone so there wasn't the option of employing migrants because they're cheaper.

This wouldn't have looked as good as the big numbers like 300 baht a day or 15000baht but then there was no chance the Democrats would have been elected apparently

No one goes to prison here for corruption,if they did maybe the house

of cards would fall down, all politicians know they can get away with

anything ,without fear of been brought to book,it needs the very same

people to get REALLY serious about corruption,so nothings going to

change soon,and all the time the Country and people are just going

to suffer.its a cancer with no cure in sight.

regards Worgeordie

Been in stage 4 for many years. Isn't stage five cancer for those already dead from stage 4?