Man accused of detaining, torturing 14 year old Thai girl

webfact

Man Accused Of Detaining, Torturing 14 Year Old Girl
By Khaosod English

13938344061393834897l.jpg
Mr. Apiwat Pukcharoen (seated)

BANGKOK: -- Police in Samut Prakarn province have arrested a man who allegedly detained and assaulted his 14 year old girlfriend.

Pol.Maj.Gen. Thatchai Hongthong, a police commander in the province, said the girl′s mother has informed the police about her disappearance a week ago.

The police later received calls from the girl, telling them that she was being detained in a public housing unit in Bang Phlee district. Police officers eventually raided the place and found the victim alone in the room.

According to the police, the victim bore bruises and other injuries on her body, and much of her hair has been violently chopped off. The victim was promptly sent to hospital.

Inside the room, the police found blood-stained clothes and a piece of wood which was presumably used by the assailant to assault the victim.

The 14 year old girl later told the police she was abducted and forced to stay in the room since 24 February by her 21 year old boyfriend, Mr. Apiwat Pukcharoen, who reportedly met her on Facebook 3 months ago.

According to the victim, Mr. Apiwat was angry at her because many guys have talked to her in the past few weeks, and proceeded to beat her repeatedly with the baton and forcefully shear her hair with a pair of scissors.

However, Mr. Apiwat left her alone in the room yesterday, so she decided to use a telephone and call the police for help, the victim said.

Mr. Apiwat later called the victim′s phone and instructed her to meet him in front of Ubonsri gated community. The police surrounded the area and arrested him there.

The suspect admitted he had abducted and tortured the victim as she had told the police. He claimed he committed the act out of jealousy.

The police press numerous charges against Mr. Apiwat, including sexual assaults on a minor, abduction, unlawful detention, and physical assaults.

According to the police records, Mr. Apiwat had been previously arrested on narcotics charge.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU16Z3pORFF3Tmc9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-03-03

Is it just me, but whats a 14 year old doing with a 21 year old guy ??, was her parents not concerned... ?? about the age difference..

This is not an exception. It is quite common and a frequent occurance where I live.

• Like 1

Some how I got the feeling that she was playing the love game on Facebook with several others.

I didn't get the feeling that she was in that bad of physical condition but if she had not been saved it would have escalated.

I sincerely hope she does not suffer mental problems as a result of this and I hope she has learned a lesson about on line love.

I am glad I do not have any young children in this day and age. There are far to many predators on line today.

I strongly urge parents to monitor there children's use on the computer.

Another Thai male without any rational upbringing I blame his parents for this and little or no self-control and probably of low intelligence to do such a shocking thing to a young child hope she makes a full recovery from her dreadful ordeal, and he get his just deserts confined in a prison cell for a long time.

Police officers EVENTUALLY raided the place and found the victim alone in the room. !!!!!!!

Why eventually ?

Because they didn't know where she was until the girl phoned them, obviously.

We should give the poor guy a break, how was he supposed to know that was innapropriate behavior?

He's been seeing it every night on TV his whole life, it's a part of every lakorn story. w00t.gif

who'd uh thunk people would take it seriously? blink.png

Is it just me, but whats a 14 year old doing with a 21 year old guy ??, was her parents not concerned... ?? about the age difference..

It's unfortunately way too common here, nobody really seems to care, least of all in many cases the parents

• Like 1

I'm not saying it is right or good, but...

14 - 21 is 7 years age difference.

How many TV expats are with a Thai woman who is more than 7 years younger then he is???

14 is too young for anyone to be touching..that's the point.

not the age difference!

After thought:

Maybe Face Book shares some responsibility here.

You must be 18 years or older to be on Face Book,

But Face Book permits millions of Thai children to lie about their age and join.

Even face Book should be able to see the difference between a person 18+ and a 10 year old from the photos of themselves that they post!

Edited by willyumiii

I'm not saying it is right or good, but...

14 - 21 is 7 years age difference.

How many TV expats are with a Thai woman who is more than 7 years younger then he is???

14 is too young for anyone to be touching..that's the point.

not the age difference!

i think that's what he meant? that she's underaged?