General Prayuth calls on Army commanders to promote understanding in the community through media

webfact

Army Chief orders commanders to utilize radio to promote understanding within communities

BANGKOK 4 March 2014 (NNT) — Army Commander in Chief Prayuth Chan-ocha has ordered army commanders to fully utilize the nation’s radio network to promote understanding with the Thai people during the period of political tension.

Army spokesperson Col. Ying Siri stated that Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha had ordered all army commanders to create better understanding within the Thai community through radio network, in order to prevent political confrontations that may occur in future.

According to the spokesperson, the army C-in-C does not take sides, but only tries to bring justice and order back to the nation — adding that all army commanders must be cautious when conducting themselves in the current political tension so as to prevent any misunderstanding among the public as a result.

Col. Ying further reiterated Gen. Prayuth’s statement by saying that the Army Chief commended all army personnel who carried out their duties in support of the Center for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO) in its mission to maintain peace in the capital under the Emergency Decree.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-03-04 footer_n.gif

As if the Patani Separatist problem in the South is not enough.

Now the army have Lanna Separatist problem in the North as well.

I think it is time to DOUBLE the defense budget.

Order a few more airships that couldn't fly. GT-200 anyone?

• Like 1

It rings rather hollow when the head of the SEALs announced via the Bangkok Post that he he proud to support the PDRC as a private citizen ( bangko Post Sunday) and attends their rallies. Moreover, it appears that someone has authorised SEALs to act as security for the protesters, including carrying ( using?) miltary weapons. General Prayuth might well contemplate some censure and looking at putting the military house in order.

Has he commented yet on the murder of the 3 children by soldiers?

" O.K. all you hipsters out there this is your Love Doctor General Somchai Thatapairat with a little piece of sexual chocolate.....Barry White and " Can't Get Enough Of Your Love" and remember folks, thinking too much and questioning authority is un-Thai therefore just kow-tow to your superiors and everything will be fine.....Take it away Barry".biggrin.png

Ok, let's get down to it boppers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT8WHcrnqYg

• Like 1

Costas2008, on 04 Mar 2014 - 11:49, said:

Good thing he didn't order them to use their Facebook as our brilliant PM does.

Oh, have you not seen the PDRC, Democrat Party, abhisit, Korn, etc. facebook pages?

Apparently it's a new idea called social media, you may have heard of it?

• Like 2

It rings rather hollow when the head of the SEALs announced via the Bangkok Post that he he proud to support the PDRC as a private citizen ( bangko Post Sunday) and attends their rallies. Moreover, it appears that someone has authorised SEALs to act as security for the protesters, including carrying ( using?) miltary weapons. General Prayuth might well contemplate some censure and looking at putting the military house in order.

Has he commented yet on the murder of the 3 children by soldiers?

Yeah and we have government ministers attending red rallies that are calling for secession. I wonder which is worse. rolleyes.gif

As stated many times, if the government and the police aren't going to do anything to prevent the protestors from getting shot upon and bombed on a daily basis, why shouldn't someone in the military step up? I very much doubt the General will censure the Navy simply because he probably approved of it. And why not? The military's job is to protect the Thai people. That includes the protestors.

• Like 1

I believe the Good General has much more explaining to do - such as explaining why active members of the armed forces were aiding the protesters. Furthermore, how did weapons which only the military have access to get into the hands of elements seen shooting from the ranks of the protesters? His credibility and that of the armed forces seems to have been tarnished by that.

• Like 2

"Army Chief orders commanders to utilize radio to promote understanding within communities"

Not sure what this is all about.

Promote understanding?....Understanding of what? The military/Elite version of things Political? To clarify their self-appointed role of protecting the Elite?

Can you imagine a Western Military chief embarking on an independent Public Relations Campaign about themselves....Putting it in that context, clearly shows how ridiculous this sort of thing is.

What should be the primary concern of the military, is why the Electoral majority as represented by the UDD/RS's, view them as little more than a foreign occupying force. When these people were the focus of the R'song 2010 attack, why would they think any differently?.....National Militaries don't attack their own people, only foreign occupying forces do that......

I wonder of senior military types ever regret allowing themselves to be used like that, by the coupists of 2006, and their R'song extensions of 2010. I think they probably do, considering how they have resisted the urgings, event-fabrications and explosions perped by the 2013-14 version of these wannabe coup makers.

Edited by Fryslan boppe

Costas2008, on 04 Mar 2014 - 11:49, said:

Oh, have you not seen the PDRC, Democrat Party, abhisit, Korn, etc. facebook pages?

But they are not caretaker PM are they!

social media is a good thing it can quickly highlight things BUT is FACEBOOK the right place for the PM of a country to be addressing that country and refuting allegations etc.. I don't think so. but that's just me!

casualbiker, on 04 Mar 2014 - 13:44, said:casualbiker, on 04 Mar 2014 - 13:44, said:
fab4, on 04 Mar 2014 - 12:31, said:fab4, on 04 Mar 2014 - 12:31, said:
Costas2008, on 04 Mar 2014 - 11:49, said:Costas2008, on 04 Mar 2014 - 11:49, said:Costas2008, on 04 Mar 2014 - 11:49, said:

But they are not caretaker PM are they!

social media is a good thing it can quickly highlight things BUT is FACEBOOK the right place for the PM of a country to be addressing that country and refuting allegations etc.. I don't think so. but that's just me!

If she broadcasts on TV the dems start throwing law suits about, citing campaigning for the election, so what do you expect - she's damned if she does, she's damned if she doesn't.

To be perfectly honest, it's just one more thing for the anti's on here to bleat about and you know that. It's anyone but Thaksin/Shinawatra Family/PTP/UDD.

Even suthep's a hero to this crowd.

Edited by fab4

If you read this headline in the China Daily you wouldn't be surprised.

Understanding normally involves a two way discussion.

I have no reason to believe that the General is not genuinely motivated by what he sees as being in the best interests of the people. The General has a real opportunity to learn why people hold differing views and to promote tolerance for those views even if they differ from his own opinion and the official military line. If he were to do this, he would indeed be doing the country a very great service.