Should I feel guilty about using Dummies?

David48

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thai love links

Hey a parent who gets terribly frustrated can sometime take it out on the child. Use the pacifier. Two things though. Many babies have GERD (gastric reflux) until they are about 4 months old. Often born with immature GE valve. So keep him/her in a sitting position for at least one hour after feedings. Also, excessive use of a pacifier can misalign teeth but I doubt you will use it after the child is two, right?

thanks for the reply.

The TWINS ... identical twin boys are premature babies, somewhere between 2 and 6 weeks premie ... depending on when you mark the day of 'natural' birth.

So, as of yesterday ... they are 6 weeks old ... or 40 weeks from conception.

For us ... teeth are a long, long way away!

• Like 1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

richard_smith237, on 08 Mar 2014 - 15:14, said:
possum1931, on 08 Mar 2014 - 10:36, said:
rhythmworx, on 05 Mar 2014 - 00:48, said:

Get one of them rockers with an electronic thing on, that will gently bounce him to sleep.

Maybe he had a bit of wind etc...

Put some jam on it. Seriously, I was brought up with five brothers and a sister, and none of us ever had dummies. They are for lazy parents, used just to shut the babys up. Spend some time with them instead.

I wonder; how many of those against the use of dummies and suggesting that parents who use them are lazy actually use a rear facing car seat with their child on every single vehicle journey they take up until the age of 4?

The use of a dummy or not is a very very minor thought at most. How a discussion may manifest itself into a 'lazy parent' comment is beyond me.

I wonder how many are aware that if involved in an frontal accident a toddler (<4 yrs old) in a forward facing car seat is at significantly greater risk of serious injury than a toddler in a rear facing seat. Have I digressed ? No... the reason I know this is because I was able to do boatloads of research into the best group 1+ car seat while my Son was pacified.

I hate people like you that criticise others, all for the sake of their own ego, front facing or capsules are better than nothing, which is how it was when I was born and billions of others. go preach to Thais who do not use car seats or belts and also carry their babies while riding a bike, sometimes with one arm around the baby and the other steering. The Op was asking about dummies, nothing else, you dummy.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thai love links

Hey a parent who gets terribly frustrated can sometime take it out on the child. Use the pacifier. Two things though. Many babies have GERD (gastric reflux) until they are about 4 months old. Often born with immature GE valve. So keep him/her in a sitting position for at least one hour after feedings. Also, excessive use of a pacifier can misalign teeth but I doubt you will use it after the child is two, right?

thanks for the reply.

The TWINS ... identical twin boys are premature babies, somewhere between 2 and 6 weeks premie ... depending on when you mark the day of 'natural' birth.

So, as of yesterday ... they are 6 weeks old ... or 40 weeks from conception.

For us ... teeth are a long, long way away!

Good to hear they are going fine David48

• Like 2

rhythmworx, on 05 Mar 2014 - 00:48, said:

Get one of them rockers with an electronic thing on, that will gently bounce him to sleep.

Maybe he had a bit of wind etc...

Put some jam on it. Seriously, I was brought up with five brothers and a sister, and none of us ever had dummies. They are for lazy parents, used just to shut the babys up. Spend some time with them instead.

I wonder; how many of those against the use of dummies and suggesting that parents who use them are lazy actually use a rear facing car seat with their child on every single vehicle journey they take up until the age of 4?

The use of a dummy or not is a very very minor thought at most. How a discussion may manifest itself into a 'lazy parent' comment is beyond me.

I wonder how many are aware that if involved in an frontal accident a toddler (<4 yrs old) in a forward facing car seat is at significantly greater risk of serious injury than a toddler in a rear facing seat. Have I digressed ? No... the reason I know this is because I was able to do boatloads of research into the best group 1+ car seat while my Son was pacified.

I hate people like you that criticise others, all for the sake of their own ego, front facing or capsules are better than nothing, which is how it was when I was born and billions of others. go preach to Thais who do not use car seats or belts and also carry their babies while riding a bike, sometimes with one arm around the baby and the other steering. The Op was asking about dummies, nothing else, you dummy.

Any chance you could practice what you preach LOL

You said: "I hate people like you that criticise others, all for the sake of their own ego,"

Well what ever was that inflammatory statement meant to be?

When I was brought up, dummies were glass and rubber, plastic not invented then LOL but again we stray off topic.

Sometimes the odd off topic post can be helpful IMHO.

I think the reference to the child seat may be one of them.

Especially in Thailand, driving how it is here.

You also said you may become bored with the replies here.

Please remember that no one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to participate.

Have a great day.

Any chance you could practice what you preach LOL

You said: "I hate people like you that criticise others, all for the sake of their own ego,"

Well what ever was that inflammatory statement meant to be?

When I was brought up, dummies were glass and rubber, plastic not invented then LOL but again we stray off topic.

Sometimes the odd off topic post can be helpful IMHO.

I think the reference to the child seat may be one of them.

Especially in Thailand, driving how it is here.

You also said you may become bored with the replies here.

Please remember that no one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to participate.

Have a great day.

now now laislica....no need to spit the dummy.

• Like 2