Where to buy bamboo blinds?

giddyup

I'm after a bamboo blind around 5-6 feet wide to hang outside, but protected from the weather. It's to stop the afternoon sun hitting the window. Where to buy that has a bit of a size selection?

• Like 1

I bought something along those lines a number of years ago. I'm about 90% sure I found them at HomePro adjacent to BigC (ex Carrefour) on Pattaya Klang ... and expect that HomeWorks near Big C on Pattaya Tai might have them too. For these places it would be a matter of going with the sizes they have in stock.

Alternatively, I've bought Venetian blinds that were made to order from a curtain shop. They weren't bamboo, but I expect they would be able to get bamboo for you if required. There are curtain shops that I've used at various times located on Pattaya Tai east of Third Rd and on Theprasitt. Most likely these would be more expensive than those kept in stock at HomePro.

Edited by Suradit69

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Ikea ,Bangna megamall !

I'm guessing he'd prefer something in Pattaya since he posted this in the Pattaya forum.

Correct.

got mine for exactly the same purpose at the thingameejig-ceramic-have everything-big store just behind Big C off second road. Inexpensive and lasted 5 years. A week ago they still had them (near the cashier payment area)

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

got mine for exactly the same purpose at the thingameejig-ceramic-have everything-big store just behind Big C off second road. Inexpensive and lasted 5 years. A week ago they still had them (near the cashier payment area)

Thanks, I know exactly where you mean. I'll try there next week.

Now you've made me curious. Are you talking about HomeWorks?

homeworks.jpg

no Suradit ................... the Big C is off to the right off 2nd road towards Dolphin roundabout

Sorry. For some reason when I read that I was thinking Pattaya Tai even though you did say 2nd Road ... I do know the place you mean behind Big C North. I've bought some pottery things there, including something like the stone pagoda pictured below for the garden ... quite reasonable prices.

en7r23n87aq1j.jpg

Edited by Suradit69

no Suradit ................... the Big C is off to the right off 2nd road towards Dolphin roundabout

Tried them today, sizes far too small for what I want, the largest being around 1.5 metres, and not really what I'm looking for. The style I'm talking about are split bamboo with cord and rollers for rolling them up. Anyone from Australia would know what I'm talking about, you can see them in just about every hardware store in Australia. Get them up to at least 3 metres wide and very cheap.

post-130068-0-90465000-1394448853_thumb.

post-130068-0-02179900-1394448874_thumb.

Edited by giddyup

I had these bamboo custom blinds made in a curtain shop in Theppasit Road, they were around 3 mtrs wide with a drop of around 2,5 mtrs.

At the time they were the biggest size they made and cost 2700 baht each. They have samples of all the different styles at the shop, they are made in Bangkok to order

Went back to order some more recently but the price had doubled.

Going toward the beach on Theppasit Road on the left side maybe 500mtrs before the junction is a curtain shop its quite a large shop on the corner of a shop house.

post-22250-0-45522100-1394454688_thumb.j

• Like 1

There is a shop in Naklua that sell these and they can also make to order. To get there drive north on Naklua road from the dolphin cicle, downtown Naklua you turn right at the traffic ligths where you have a Philips shop on one side and a Numchai store on the other side, about 150m in on this road, called Sawangfa, you will find the shop on the left hand side, it's called New York Furniture. The main Naklua post office is about 50m further down the same street on your right hand side.

GE coordinates:

12.970957 100.905755

• Like 2

There is a shop in Naklua that sell these and they can also make to order. To get there drive north on Naklua road from the dolphin cicle, downtown Naklua you turn right at the traffic ligths where you have a Philips shop on one side and a Numchai store on the other side, about 150m in on this road, called Sawangfa, you will find the shop on the left hand side, it's called New York Furniture. The main Naklua post office is about 50m further down the same street on your right hand side.

GE coordinates:

12.970957 100.905755

I'm going to try there tomorrow. I've bought several cane chairs and tables from there.There's at least two shops (opposite sides of the road) that sell similar kinds of furniture.

I had these bamboo custom blinds made in a curtain shop in Theppasit Road, they were around 3 mtrs wide with a drop of around 2,5 mtrs.

At the time they were the biggest size they made and cost 2700 baht each. They have samples of all the different styles at the shop, they are made in Bangkok to order

Went back to order some more recently but the price had doubled.

Going toward the beach on Theppasit Road on the left side maybe 500mtrs before the junction is a curtain shop its quite a large shop on the corner of a shop house.

Thank you. After few years they are still good and the rain didn't ruin them ?

• 3 months later...

OP - did you get them?

No, not yet.

Ok it's just that I am after the same sort of thing. I have called New York Furniture (038-222-436) in Naklua & they will get back to me when they have the right size. I need 2.5m with a 2m drop.

• 2 weeks later...

New York furniture as mentioned above told me it would take 2 weeks to get what I wanted. Not heard from them since. I will post with more info soon, hopefully. Cost around 2K baht

Edited by DMC1

There's a couple of shops in Soi Post Office in Naklua that sell them. I've got two times 2 m X 2.5 m blinds from there. Check the prices as one shop is cheaper than the other and will deliver.