Short extension of stay for non-O based on marriage

I will in a few months have to do the annual renewal of my extension of stay based on marriage. I sometimes work outside Thailand, and this time I will leave about 2 weeks before my visa expires and return about 2 weeks after it expires.

Is there a possibility to get some kind of extension on my "extension of stay based on marriage/non-O visa so that I may apply the normal way when returning?

It appears you could fit your trip out of the country into your under consideration period you have after you apply for the extension. You can get a re-entry permit for that period of time.

If your immigration office does it like many they don't start the under consideration until the date your current extension ends. Which would give you about 6 weeks for your trip if out if you did your extension just before you are scheduled to leave.

You could also apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife.

Hi ubonjoe,

Thanks for answering!

I'm not sure entirely what you mean when you say I can fit my trip out of the country after having applied for an extension, since I have to hand in my passport and won't get it back for 4-5 weeks?

And if I apply for an extension to visit my wife and get 60 days will I be able to apply for a non-o extension of stay again based on my original non-o, or do I have to start from scratch?

Will this be your first extension?

They don't keep your passport while they approve your extension. They put a stamp in your passport that says your extension is under consideration with a report back date on it. You can get a re-entry permit up to that date.

Yes you can do your one year extension after the 60 day extension because it is an extension of your non immigrant visa entry.