Info needed; help much appreciated

nuyorican1985

Hi all,

I have two quick questions and any help would be much appreciated:

1. I need to leave my passport at the Saudi Embassy in Bangkok for a few days in order to process a work visa. While I am waiting for the visa, I would like to take an in-country flight to either Koh Samui or Phuket. Will my US drivers license suffice as identification to check-in and board the flight?

2. I have a chronic condition that requires me to take a medication called Mestinon (generic is Pyridostigmine Bromide) every day. It can be somewhat difficult to find outside of the USA or Europe. Can someone point me in the direction of any Pharmacies or Hospital Pharmacies in Bangkok that would be most likely to carry such a medication? I would like to stock up on a couple months worth.

Thanks so much for the help!

not sure about a us licence but i was allowed to fly domestically using a thai licence for id

you can get a thai licence in a few hours in bkk and very cheap

as for the medicine ,if walk in pharmacys dont have it youl have to try a full size hospital (maybe better to use a proper hospital anyway so u get a script from

a real doctor as paperwork always helps when travelling with meds)

medicine laws are very relaxed in thailand unless you want something crazy like morphine so 2-3 month supply

should be fine

• Like 1

not sure about a us licence but i was allowed to fly domestically using a thai licence for id

as for the medicine ,if walk in pharmacys dont have it youl have to try a full size hospital (maybe better to use a proper hospital anyway so u get a script from

medicine laws are very relaxed in thailand unless you want something crazy like morphine so 2-3 month supply

should be fine

Thanks for the response. Any hospital in particular that you would recommend? The medication I need is not a controlled substance.

should be fine

Thanks for the response. Any hospital in particular that you would recommend? The medication I need is not a controlled substance.

i use rama 9 hospital and the service is excellent

everyone speaks english and there is no waiting longer than maybe 10 min to see a doctor

unlike government hospitals where u might wait 4-6 hours if your unlucky