Vagrant Children

laolover88

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Western people are so arrogant and fail to accept that differences exist between east and west.im working in the uk education system at the moment and I cant wait to get back to thai. There are also huge problems here.its also possible to compare the systems.at key stage 3 once a student obtains a level they can never go below that level again! Ive students who, for example, achive a 6b in their first test.they then switch off as they know they can never get level 4 or 5 again. Compare this to thai system of all students passing.not much difference eh! In uk schools are obsesses with data and progress levels.teachers spend all their time doing mindless paperwork to prop up the nanny state.many teachers I know make up progress levels! Not much difference eh! I could go on..one thing I will say.the behviour and respect that thal kids show to teachers and elders puts british kids to shame..I could go on..finally, my wife, who is thai, may not be the best at maths or holding conversations about topics like literature but she can sew, cook, and has a host of practical skills she learned at school. Thai schools prepare kids for life in thai society and not to be dons at oxbridge.stop comparing thai systems through a lens that is influenced by western values..

Sent from my SM-T2105 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Western people are so arrogant and fail to accept that differences exist between east and west.im working in the uk education system at the moment and I cant wait to get back to thai. There are also huge problems here.its also possible to compare the systems.at key stage 3 once a student obtains a level they can never go below that level again! Ive students who, for example, achive a 6b in their first test.they then switch off as they know they can never get level 4 or 5 again. Compare this to thai system of all students passing.not much difference eh! In uk schools are obsesses with data and progress levels.teachers spend all their time doing mindless paperwork to prop up the nanny state.many teachers I know make up progress levels! Not much difference eh! I could go on..one thing I will say.the behviour and respect that thal kids show to teachers and elders puts british kids to shame..I could go on..finally, my wife, who is thai, may not be the best at maths or holding conversations about topics like literature but she can sew, cook, and has a host of practical skills she learned at school. Thai schools prepare kids for life in thai society and not to be dons at oxbridge.stop comparing thai systems through a lens that is influenced by western values..

Sent from my SM-T2105 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

When you come back to Thailand, make sure to get a job at a school--don't worry, lots of them have part time opportunities or don't require many teaching hours, so you can do it as a hobby.

After a year of that, post again.

• Like 1

Sorry I'm not buying.

First of all the topic was OUR children, those of western expats.

And even then the pace of world global competition is ever accelerating, and the only hope for Thailand to avoid falling further down into third-world relationships with the developed world is for it to get its act together, IMO primarily in education, which will then lead to better governance.

But since pigs will fly first, reiterating the main point.

If you want your kids to be able to compete back home and internationally - and a position in even high quality academia is certainly not "aiming too high" AFAIC - you HAVE TO either pay millions per year for one of the top international schools, or get them home into a decent school system.

Anything less is irresponsible.

Sewing and cooking, Jesus wept!

CharlieH, on 07 Mar 2014 - 12:47, said:

Often on guided trips from other areas.Some kind of excursion from there school, not uncommon.

I wish it was that Charlie.

Unfortunately not.

There is no supervision in Thai schools.

Kids go out, and wander around at will.

Yes internet shops are full of them during school hours.

Yes the are wandering around smoking.

There is no system or will, especially in public schools to contain them.

And again why should they worry about school?

At the end of each academic year their results will be fixed to advance to the next class.

And what happens at the end?

These kids come out of school and still are as thick as a plunk of wood.

Not just in Thailand , look at the UK

My you must have had a sheltered up bring I hate to dissapoint you IT"S WORLD WIDE kids wag school ( they don't go ) it's everywhere in all countries it's what they do ....you ever called in sick for work but YOU were not sick ! ! ! same thing durrrrrrr

Actually I think they should all be rounded up sent to the salt mines AND be in their uniforms PLEASE...then after 10 days in the mines they must write 1000 time I must go to school.

Sir may I suggest there are bigger more important things to worry about in life than kids wagging school ( they get over it )

SOMEBODY get me a wine please.

durrrrrrrrrrr ...as u like to say its the amount of "waggers" ( UK I take it) here, not the fact it happens elsewhere.

CharlieH, on 07 Mar 2014 - 12:47, said:

Often on guided trips from other areas.Some kind of excursion from there school, not uncommon.

I wish it was that Charlie.

Unfortunately not.

There is no supervision in Thai schools.

Kids go out, and wander around at will.

Yes internet shops are full of them during school hours.

Yes the are wandering around smoking.

There is no system or will, especially in public schools to contain them.

And again why should they worry about school?

At the end of each academic year their results will be fixed to advance to the next class.

And what happens at the end?

These kids come out of school and still are as thick as a plunk of wood.

Not just in Thailand , look at the UK

I don't think you can in anyway compare the UK education system to that of Thailand, the Thai education is vastly inferior.............unless you want to know the stories of Buddha or how to address the King, which as we all know are very important.

• Like 1

I don't think you can in anyway compare the UK education system to that of Thailand, the Thai education is vastly inferior.............unless you want to know the stories of Buddha or how to address the King, which as we all know are very important.

Yes even the bottom 1% schools in NES countries are better than 99.99% of those in Thailand, and I'm confident this is objectively true, not hyperbole