webfact

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

I don't think the aircraft has flown through the Southern portion of China but it's interesting they are now stating they are searching within the country. The last ping on the arc that has been published would perhaps indicate it to be in Western China. I am still thinking it has gone South.

I am not sure of what airports in Sri Lanka and India the they are referring to with a runway length of 1000 metres, but Male and Diego Garcia are substantially longer than that and it's not in either of those places. To be remotely close to landing this aircraft within 1000 metres it would have to be completely empty, touch down exactly on the threshold and have a nice strong headwind. You would then need to apply max manual braking. Add into the equation it being a disused airfield with no lighting then it becomes very unlikely to have happened.

Sad to read of families threatening to go on hunger strike due to lack of information. I personally don't think the Malaysians are withholding information, but find it as equally frustrating as we all do. Naive of me, perhaps.

This cannot be a standard hijack or ransom demands would have been issued already. You can stop a t7 very quickly if needed. The issue is not stopping it quickly on a short runway, that can be done, it is having enough runway or distance to get airborne again once you want to 'use' the aircraft for whatever purpose and have refueled it etc. Agreed, at night it would be pretty demanding with no lights. Were NVG's used, if so how did they get them on board? Too many questions.

Okay...

1st before I ask these question again let me ask.... Is anyone else experiencing connection problems here? We have 3 computers connected to 3 different Internet links. 1st one started getting disabled as soon as I asked a question... If I RESET router and went elswere it worked fine. The questins I have asked have been from 2 different links here. As soon as I tried to upload question again it went off (Disabled) Asked the same question on 2nd system flew through just fine. But it finnally started doing same senario. I am on 3rd system now I have a couple of questions to ask:

1: Has it been fully investigated if anyone was in Jump Seat??? This would eliminate any breaking down of flight Deck Door! All ground crew needs to be fully questioned about this, everyone of the Boarding Crew that was not aboad aircraft. If suspect is raised.... Lie Dector sould be used. Someone here at Airport knows alot more then is being released!! "No need for any secret password or message!!" (Why someone is wanting this information disclosed is beyound comprehention at this time.... Think about it!!

2: Loading Crew... They need to be questioned, anyone new on crew? anyone disappear from assignment for a short time, out of view of others, possible tools being seen in possession of members of Crew, not normally needed (to Disable Passenger Emergency Air Supply...) No one not normally assigned to crews here, standing around?? Could have had access to Cargo Areas, Food Vending Areas

3: Are we sure Cargo was indeed Mangsteens??? Not switched at last minute??? (They would have been easy to dispose of!!)

4: What about the report on Navy Seals being onboard! If jumpseat was occupied it could have been able to disable Pilots, open door close get on emergency air, disable all Passengers flying to 45000. Would have been 3 or more in Cockpit to complete the rest of the tasks to enable Aircraft to go Stealth!

5: What about the Corporate answer to its Employees who were onboard? Have they ever said anything?? Answers need to be addressed, disclosed and rebutted and dismissed!!

There is a few of us Expats here in Chiang Mai who were stationed here during Vietnam... Worked here, know how thing got done... so some of this is not suprising... Just wanted Mods to note and if I don't sign in again check with me, you have my email here I will diclose Cell contact info to you guys only....

Okay lets see if this gets posted

How many people on this board knew what a transponder was before this incident? How many still really understand what it looks like and how a pilot uses it from his seat?

I would think an awful lot of people after 9/11.

" I thought it would be fairly easy to take

advantage of gentleman jim's offer of $1000 to my favorite charity, but alas it is not"

Well why is that genius? Apply Occam's razor if you must. There is no code word, if there was do you think I would have offered any armchair idiot the chance to take $1000 off me. I can only hope you wasted absolute hours of your life scouring the internet for something that does not exist. With a couple of million pilots in the world one of them for sure would have spouted off the 'secret word' don't you think....but they haven't, why is that? I gave you a plausible explanation for your little tale you quoted from Australia, take it or leave it. Now concentrate on the thread, for the last time there are no code words. Your last sentence in your last post are the words of an utter mad man. What word was 'not used' in your opinion? What word must we use that could not possibly be used by accident in the millions of radio communications taking place every day, many of which are by people with English as a second language. 'Ovulation?, Umbrella?, Gravy?, bear in mind any word can not have a phonetically sounding equivalent in case it is misheard for the 'code word', and bear in mind that ATC would not be able to ask for confirmation if they thought they heard the word because that would give the game away with the hijackers who could now be in the cockpit listening to the RT. You are WRONG eyeswideopen, admit it and move on. Anybody that does find the code word, please be sure to PM it to the four pilots on here that have a collective experience of 100 years as we really don't know it and have never heard of it.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks" Hamlet

Geez give it a rest. If your really are a pilot, you would of course

not be able to acknowledge such a code. People post differing views

on internet boards. Seems a bit petty to attack the person if your view

is different. Hope I never fly on your plane..... :-)

I think it is you that should give it a rest. You are now using as proof that there is a code word because you cant find one on the internet and we would not admit to it anyway. Brilliant.

I have not attacked you and certainly not for having a different view. You have presented complete nonesense and been told by several people that have done the job for a full career that there is no such code word. Faced with such information, anybody with a different view with even a modicum of intelligence would change that view, that is of course unless all that matters in their tiny little world is being right no matter what. Indeed it is 'petty' to refuse to modify your view when faced with the undeniable fact that you are wrong. As for flying on my aircraft, you never will. Here endeth my interaction with you, apart from the last word which no doubt you will have to type to try and cling to the idea that you are somehow correct or alternatively to satisfy some weird trolling self gratification.

I also am a licensed pilot with instrument rating for nearly 35+ years. I have also not heard of a secret word but not being a commercial pilot I can not say there is or is not, just not aware of it.

What I see though is a big hole in the concept and that is you hardly can use that same word year after year without it getting out in the open at some point. But if it is changed periodically, bi-annually, annually, the logistics seems to be prohibitive as it would have to be passed to all control centers and all airlines and their pilots. Again, to do that the odds of it getting loose is very high. I worked cryptography in the Air Force and we changed codes 2-3 times a day, more if there is even the slightest hint of it being accessed or certain scenarios changed so familiar with the complexities of code passing.

However, if may be possible there is a code(s) internal to individual airlines as the aircraft have contact with the airline ground support team at all times via radio. Keeping the code within the company and only using it through company channels and changed through some secure memorandum, is more feasible. That is if they use a code to company ground support crew it would then be passed on to the appropriate agencies.

The transcontinental airlines aren't always in contact with others from the same airline. The code wouldn't be any good when out of range.

Even radar and transponders have limited range which is why the plane is handed off as it proceeds through the air. Each control center then asks it to squawk a new frequency on the transponder as it enters their space.

The codes are international transponder codes. If a pilot has been asked to squawk, say, 6834 and he suddenly shows up on the control screen as 7500 then he's saying he's hijacked, anywhere in the world.

I think this subject of a "secret code" and speculation is off-topic in the sense of trying to wait and see what happened, and implausible to the max.

I believe that there is a code word, there has to be a code word! Or mabey its just a sound? Like cough three time or something like that

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Haha, I believe there is a Bigfoot, there has to be a Bigfoot even if it is just a space alien dressed in a hairy space suit.

A few days ago I made the remark the Malaysians made Thailand look like an advanced country. I take that back. 12 days and now they dig up some radar data, which they will (i.e. future tense) forward to the Malaysians!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by pmugghc

What does not surprise me is that so many pilots are on this board. I think back to when I got my PPL in 1962 it was a really cool thing to do and many other guys my age liked honing their flying skills. This probably reduced so that by the time the posters here are say 45 they got most of their fun through simulators rather than the real thing.'

Of course many never did anything...but they never left home either so would not be herel.

I think Thai and Indo know what happen since began but they want to safeface Malaysia and don't want to have anything concern this situation. But after Malaysia always refer to their country, it's time to safeface themself. I know what you do and please stop refer to my country.

Julie, I'm a pilot so make that 5 instead of the 4 that have been mentioned. I got my license in the late 1970's.

There are (who knows how many tens of thousands) of pilots in this world? Strange that none of them knows a "secret" code word. It wouldn't be a secret for long with that many pilots out there.

"Three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead." - Benjamin Franklin.

Mate I'm a driver, i got my license in 1976, and I've driven a few million kilometers since, but would you believe that I have no clue about the jargon and codes F1 drivers use to communicate with the technicians in the pits.

Does that mean they don't use any codes ?

Now considering all the air surveillance here in southern Thailand,
why did Thailand first say they didn't see anything?
And now, suddenly they did spot something?

Why did Thailand keep so quiet about this issue for so long?

As some conspiracy theorist suggest, could it have gone to U-Tapao?
I doubt it, considering the left turn the plane took and possible radar
sightings over in the Andaman Sea.

Now one of the most plausible theories I found is that after some kind
of disaster on board, the plane turned towards the closest airport within
an easy flight path which would be more like Langkawi and not U-Tapao.

Check the link for one of the most plausible views in my opinion
https://plus.google.com/106271056358366282907/posts/GoeVjHJaGBz

Royal Thai Air Force denies detecting MH370 before it went missing

PNFOR570317001000101_17032014_114039.jpg

BANGKOK, 17 Mar 2014 -- The Royal Thai Air Force has denied that its radar detected the missing Malaysia Airline Flight MH 370 before it went missing, as claimed by Malaysia.

Air Force spokesperson Air Marshal Monton Sachikorn, made the announcement, reiterating that the 777-200ER Boeing jet showed up only once in the Air Force radar system when it left the airport in Kuala Lumpur on March 8th. The information has since been passed to the Malaysian officials, said the spokesperson.

Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak earlir made assumptions that the flight had either flown over the northern corridor, stretching from the northern part of Thailand toward the areas along the border of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan or over the southern corridor, ranging from Indonesia to the south of the Indian Ocean.

The Spokesperson stressed that the Royal Thai Air Force would have been able to pick up the aircraft signal if it had entered the nations territory and that the Aeronautic Radio Of Thailand (AEROTHAI) would also have informed the Air Force if any plane had been trespassing into Thailand' s airspace.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2014-03-17 footer_n.gif

[/quote

OOh there is a surprise

So why is this taking so long?

There were pings to satellites from the engines and from the mobile phone system. I'm sure if they asked nicely they would give them access to the logs.

It's easy enough to work out the distance to the satellite from a ping, from that figure you can form a circle on the face of the earth in which the plane must be. Considering the frequent pings (not to mention calls) from the GSM system plus the hourly pings from the engines, they have more than enough data available to plot the course of the plane.

I can only think of three possibilities:

- Aeromobile and Rolls Royce have denied access to the logs and privacy laws prevent them from taking further action.

- They are in the process of doing this and are just slow

- They already know where the plane is but they are concealing this information for some reason

They finally did this with 1 ping from the RR engine, congrats, now do the rest of them so we can find this plane.

from pprune.org just now:

http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/535538-malaysian-airlines-mh370-contact-lost-284.html#post8385427

Thailand just released radar confirming the turnaround.

Thai military radar data bolsters belief that Flight 370 changed path - CNN.com

Quote:

The Thai military was receiving normal flight path and communication data from the Boeing 777-200 on its planned March 8 route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing until 1:22 a.m., when it disappeared from its radar.

Six minutes later, the Thai military detected an unknown signal, a Royal Thai Air Force spokesman told CNN. This unknown aircraft, possibly Flight 370, was heading the opposite direction.

Nothing really new there, but it confirms what was already believed.

This part is interesting though:

Quote:

"The unknown aircraft's signal was sending out intermittently, on and off, and on and off," the spokesman said. The Thai military lost the unknown aircraft's signal because of the limits of its military radar, he said.'

That sounds a lot more like an equipment failure than someone deliberately turning off the transponder.

Here is the russian take

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1753.htm

Fair use snippet;

A new report circulating in the Kremlin today prepared by the Main Intelligence Directorate of the General Staff of the Armed Forces (GRU) states that Aerospace Defence Forces (VKO) experts remain “puzzled” as to why the United States Navy captured and then diverted a Malaysia Airlines civilian aircraft from its intended flight-path to their vast and highly-secretive Indian Ocean base located on the Diego Garcia atoll.

According to this report, Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 (also marketed as China Southern Airlines flight 748 through a codeshare) was a scheduled passenger flight from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to Beijing, China, when on 8 March this Boeing 777-200ER aircraft “disappeared” in flight with 227 passengers on board from 15 countries, most of whom were Chinese, and 12 crew members.

Interesting to note, this report says, was that Flight 370 was already under GRU “surveillance” after it received a “highly suspicious” cargo load that had been traced to the Indian Ocean nation Republic of Seychelles, and where it had previously been aboard the US-flagged container ship MV Maersk Alabama.

What first aroused GRU suspicions regarding the MV Maersk Alabama, this report continues, was that within 24-hours of off-loading this “highly suspicious” cargo load bound for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, the two highly-trained US Navy Seals assigned to protect it, Mark Daniel Kennedy, 43, and Jeffrey Keith Reynolds, 44, were found dead under “suspicious circumstances.”

Julie, I'm a pilot so make that 5 instead of the 4 that have been mentioned. I got my license in the late 1970's.

There are (who knows how many tens of thousands) of pilots in this world? Strange that none of them knows a "secret" code word. It wouldn't be a secret for long with that many pilots out there.

Mate I'm a driver, i got my license in 1976, and I've driven a few million kilometers since, but would you believe that I have no clue about the jargon and codes F1 drivers use to communicate with the technicians in the pits.

Don't blame us that you were unable to make it to the top of your profession, you should have tried harder at school. I made it to the top of my profession and....there are no code words. You have now had 5 pilots say it. F1 drivers may use specific codes to indicate an issue but they will be internal so that they are not known by the other teams who are listening in. Last I knew they never had to send a code because someone stopped them on the track, jumped in and said take me to Libya. There are 800K pilots alone in the USA if there were a code word don't you think one of them would have found it ball bustingly impossible not to brag about it with their mates at the pub. Nobody ever has, the reason is simple, I am so sorry to disappoint you, but after 35 years trying to work your way up your profession I guess the feeling of disappointment is no stranger.

I have also done consultancy work at the very highest level in the European regulatory authority for aviation AND the FAA and you know what...no code words. If you simply accept what 5 professionals are telling you it will stop you looking like a tool. The other forum member who insists that there are/must be code words actually sent the 'code word' he could not mention to me via private message (that was good security then!). Forum rules prohibit me from putting that message on here, suffice to say I nearly ruined my keyboard and monitor, he has since skulled off as he should and has not been seen since. It made my day and I will be passing this hot info to all the pilots I know, providing they sign a disclaimer first in the event of any physical injury whilst laughing so hard.

Don't blame us that you were unable to make it to the top of your profession, you should have tried harder at school. I made it to the top of my profession and....there are no code words. You have now had 5 pilots say it. F1 drivers may use specific codes to indicate an issue but they will be internal so that they are not known by the other teams who are listening in. Last I knew they never had to send a code because someone stopped them on the track, jumped in and said take me to Libya. There are 800K pilots alone in the USA if there were a code word don't you think one of them would have found it ball bustingly impossible not to brag about it with their mates at the pub. Nobody ever has, the reason is simple, I am so sorry to disappoint you, but after 35 years trying to work your way up your profession I guess the feeling of disappointment is no stranger.

I have also done consultancy work at the very highest level in the European regulatory authority for aviation AND the FAA and you know what...no code words. If you simply accept what 5 professionals are telling you it will stop you looking like a tool. The other forum member who insists that there are/must be code words actually sent the 'code word' he could not mention to me via private message (that was good security then!). Forum rules prohibit me from putting that message on here, suffice to say I nearly ruined my keyboard and monitor, he has since skulled off as he should and has not been seen since. It made my day and I will be passing this hot info to all the pilots I know, providing they sign a disclaimer first in the event of any physical injury whilst laughing so hard.

I made it to the top of my profession and....there are no code words. You have now had 5 pilots say it.

There are 800K pilots alone in the USA if there were a code word don't you think one of them would have found it ball bustingly impossible not to brag about it with their mates at the pub.

So the 5 pilots including you on this forum are all commercial airline pilots, who have been in active duty post 9/11, right ?

And according to you there are 800K commercial airline pilots in the US ?

I'mn sure someone must have told you by now, that the missing flight was a commercial airliner, and that Cessna's rarely get highjacked, so no need for a code there.

Edited by JesseFrank

I made it to the top of my profession and....there are no code words. You have now had 5 pilots say it.

There are 800K pilots alone in the USA if there were a code word don't you think one of them would have found it ball bustingly impossible not to brag about it with their mates at the pub.

So the 5 pilots including you on this forum are all commercial airline pilots, right ?

I'mn sure someone must have told you by now, that the missing flight was a commercial airliner, and that Cessna's rarely get highjacked, so no need for a code there.

just type "cessna hijack" into google and you will see you are wrong.

I think more Cessnas have been hijacked than commericial but I could be wrong in that...I guess there were a few Pipers and Beechcraft too.

Ovbiously we are not talking about global code word, just a word or sound known only by small groups of people. Please let go of your ego for a moment & consider the possibility

So the 5 pilots including you on this forum are all commercial airline pilots, right ?

No there are not 800K commercial airline pilots in the USA. That is the total number of pilots. Ask the other pilots on the forum what they do, but to answer your question I am not a 'private pilot' I did it as a profession. It doesn't change the price of fish. You are barking up the wrong tree. No...CW's (that is code for code words). So if Cessna's rarely get hijacked, why does your comrade in CW obsession give a link to a Beachcraft allegedly causing a national Australian terror alert by using a code word -oops CW, when he should not have done? A Beachcraft is the same size as a Cessna (funnily enough the incident he refers to is not mentioned at all in any reputable aviation media anywhere). You are wrong just get over it, it's ok...next!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Ovbiously we are not talking about global code word, just a word or sound known only by small groups of people. Please let go of your ego for a moment & consider the possibility

If only a few people know of it.....whats the point ?

*Deleted quote edited out*

Oh for God's sake. It is nothing to do with ego, there is no bl***y code word, how much simpler can we try and make it to understand? What is the point of having a code word for Hijack if it is known to only a small group of people? What happens if the person you tell it to is not in that small group? How can international aviation have a code word that only a few people know about? Who should be told..all pilots and air traffic controllers or just those you think will be hijacked whistling.gif What do you mean a word or sound? Are you really serious, are you getting back to the three coughs again?, maybe a sniffle.

Pilot: Hello Madrid this is aherm, aherm, aherm speedbird 123

ATC: Speedbird 123 say again you are broken. unreadable

Pilot: aherm aherm aherm, hello Madrid Speedbird 123

ATC: Roger speedbird 123 do you require strepsils on landing

Pilot: Negative Madrid, speedbird 123.

ATC presses alarm button: "Madrid fighter control launch the QRA, we have a pilot coughing 3 times about to enter Spanish airspace, he does not require strepsils, intercept and destroy"

It is very nice that you are all taking such an interest in aviation investigation, but what is the point if you all refuse to listen?