Missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 triggers Southeast Asia search

webfact

Pilot suicide and the pilot covering his tracks IMO.

Sent from my Lenovo S960 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If so, 'wonder how the FO got it.

Locked out of the cockpit when the cabin was depressurised would be the easiest choice.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like this... Somehow it duly seems to fit here:

"In A Time Of Universal Deceit, Telling The Truth Becomes A Revolutionary Act" - George Orwell, Author ..... "All Truth Passes Through Three stages. First, It Is Ridiculed, Second It Is Violently Opposed, And Third, It Is Accepted As Self-Evident"

– Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher

Interesting question from PPrune:

In this case the flight did not go missing for Malaysian ATC - they had hand ed the flight off to Vietnamese ATC. The Vietnamese did look on primary radar once they determined it was missing from their ATC radar; they saw what could only have been MH370 headed west, back towards the Malaysian landmass - and they reported this to Malaysian authorities (we don't know exactly when or how but they have said that they did do so.)

Interestingly enough, the Malaysian military much later acknowledged tracking a flight on primary radar at about that time and on about that course until it went out of their range somewhere in the Malacca Strait at 2:40 am local time.

A week or ten days later the Thai government piped up and said that their military had also tracked (apparently) this same flight at that time.

The interesting part is that on March 8th, in the first reports of a plane missing, the Malaysian government issued a statement that the last sighting of MH370 was at 2:40 am on the 9th. We know this for a fact!

So we know that the Malaysian government was aware of MH370's filght path out of the South China Sea from the very beginning of this event.

Now, why did the Malaysian government let 8 nations search the South China Sea looking for an airliner they knew wasn't there for the next week??

Can anybody answer that question?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They got it wrong. At that time they still thought it was near its intended course. They eventually revised it back an hour IIRC. It was March 11th when they started looking in the Malacca Strait based on radar analysis.

Do you know how easy it is to fake an image and exif data to support your nutjob blog?

Do you know how hard it is to try and retrieve Original Data after it's been altered??? AND keep your Computer Running!!!?????

(Seems to fit with your statement and trying to disprove anything quickly (Violently...) If it doesn't fit with someones agenda.....)

Seems we should make it a prerequisite to know who peoples employers are at times...

Mine? I am Retired Had 2 jobs Federal Government and Drove a Factory (Team) Formula Tunnel/Race Boat. You?

Now now, you're just quoting the nutjob's own answer to people that ridicule his nonsense. I work in the field of information security if it helps you.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Locked out of the cockpit when the cabin was depressurised would be the easiest choice.

Can a pilot depressurize an airplane at cruising altitude?

Now now, you're just quoting the nutjob's own answer to people that ridicule his nonsense. I work in the field of information security if it helps you.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I was a little deeper then that... Either providing or eluding if tht helps you understand why everything must be looked at... enough said!

To be honest I think you're drunk and rambling.

Don't drink.... not at least in the past 20 years... Smoke Kools 100's...yes. Rambling.... not hardly as here in Thailand, as that could get you more then one wife!

Edited by davidstipek

Yes, it's what happened to Helios 522.

No, that plane took off with the pressurization setting on manual and with a valve open, instead of auto, and the crew failed to understand the warning alarms.

That is different then depressurizing the plane while at altitude. I would think there would be some safeguards against that.

You can think whatever you choose but the switch is right there and while it sets off alarms that would not be an issue to the person in control.

General McInerneys comments are the most intriguing thing I've heard so far.

A guy with his credentials doesn't go on TV and blabber nonsense.

He is convinced the plane landed somewhere.

Faux News? Beacons of truth they are. I'm sure they are trying to find a way to pin it on Obama :)

A bit of levity from NY Times article today on legal/insurance fallout from (as of now) missing MH370 from one of the plaintiff's lawyers on the scene in Beijing:

Ms. Kelly, the lawyer, said families never believe that money can make up for their loss. But in one of her cases, she said, the husband died while flying with a mistress, and the wife was happy to receive the money.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/02/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-flight-370-compensation.html

Insurance policy likely had exclusion for terrorist acts. I don't see pay outs from insurance company being substantial if they cannot find the plane and exclude terrorism. In US, I would file a declaratory judemt action on coverage issue. Insurance company may walk unless there is a specific coverage for unexplained disappearance. I had a similar case many years ago where a plane my client financed disappeared while being used to haul drugs over the border. Airline may still be responsible even if insurance company skates.

The judge in Chicago already threw out (as in the article linked) claims against Boeing. And the insurance companies may just pay money -- unexplained disappearance or otherwise -- if the families sign a waiver against further claims and/or judgments . I know this because I read the article.

The filings against Boeing in Chicago were not "claims" as you suggest. They were filings made to try and force Boeing to divulge information. Huge difference between this improper effort to obtain information and an actual claim. It would be an absolute impossibility for a judge to dismiss an injury claim that quickly. Dismissal of an injury claim would take around 7 months or more after Complaint was filed.

The bulk of insurance payments having been made in the article were by a life insurance company.

The aircraft insurer did mention some claims having been paid, but I can assure those payments would have been exceedingly small cost of defense type payments being made on the chance they find the aircraft. It is very common for nominal payments to tendered immediately after accident in amounts that are shockingly low because they are accepted more often then one would imagine.

That being said and back to my original point, if they cannot locate air craft or boxes, insurance company insuring the hull (not life insurance companies menetioned in article) may ultimately avoid exposure due to an inability to show the loss was not the result of an excluded even such as terrorism. Insurance companies know how to draft policies to address such contingencies. That they might make small nominal payments now to pre empt claims if plane found does not preclude them from filing a declaratory judgment action to avoid coverage when suits get underway.

You can think whatever you choose but the switch is right there and while it sets off alarms that would not be an issue to the person in control.

Simply asking if it were possible, cause I rarely pilot a 777.

His speculation came early in the process and has been discredited since. Have we heard anything from him since the satellite tracking analysis was performed. Has he come out and sai the current data and analysis tracking plane to Indian Ocean off of Perth is suspect?

There are so many intelligence resources in the Pakistan region that a 777 could never make it to Pakistan undetected. Utter impossibility I have been told by people who actually work in this field

The good general's early speculation is apparently only being perpetuated by nutt bag conspiracy sites and not the general himself. That should speak volumes, but I suppose the nutty type will believe that the generals's current silence is not voluntary.

I like the theory by General McInerney about the plane being in Pakistan. It is a pretty close fit to all existing evidence.

Initial ping data had a southern arc and a northern arc. For some reason everybody went with the southern arc.

<snip>

For some reason?

You need to keep up with events...

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/specialreports/mh370/videos/all-search-efforts-for/1048150.html

I am keeping up..... If they actually could come up with a reasonable location by pings, given the staggering amount of effort in the search, they would have found something by now. As of today, they have found..........wait for it.........nothing. Search area number one - South China Sea. Oops that was wrong. Search area number two, the Malacca Straits. Oops that was wrong too. Search area number three. Way way down in the South Indian Sea. Oops that was wrong too. So now in search area number 4..... Why is this search area more valid? Refined ping calculations ???

The level of misinformation in the disappearance of this aircraft simply boggles the mind, at this point not sure what to believe in official releases......... Why in the hell would Malaysian Airlines mislead everyone about the final transmission from the plane? That is completely nonsensical......

This story is far from over, and the simplistic notion of a pilot gone rogue killing a couple hundred

people does not work........

So watch the press conference in the link I gave and you may understand. But you probably won't.

His speculation came early in the process and has been discredited since. Have we heard anything from him since the satellite tracking analysis was performed. Has he come out and sai the current data and analysis tracking plane to Indian Ocean off of Perth is suspect?

There are so many intelligence resources in the Pakistan region that a 777 could never make it to Pakistan undetected. Utter impossibility I have been told by people who actually work in this fieldsaai.gif

The good general's early speculation is apparently only being perpetuated by nutt bag conspiracy sites and not the general himself. That should speak volumes, but I suppose the nutty type will believe that the generals's current silenceblink.png is not voluntary.

Oh, so when I watched Lt Gen Thomas G. McInerney being interviewed by Sean Hannity just last Friday, was that sock puppet I was watching? giggle.gif

And I would think that a person who has the General's credentials and background that he would also have been told otherwise " by people who actually work in this field " rolleyes.gif

And when you refer to “The good general's early speculation” this telephone interview below was just from March 22 and he hasn't come out and retracted any of this? So you're talking through your hat yet again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPl60cQUz9I&feature=player_detailpage

Edited by Asiantravel

I like the theory by General McInerney about the plane being in Pakistan. It is a pretty close fit to all existing evidence.

Initial ping data had a southern arc and a northern arc. For some reason everybody went with the southern arc.

<snip>

For some reason?

You need to keep up with events...

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/specialreports/mh370/videos/all-search-efforts-for/1048150.html

I am keeping up..... If they actually could come up with a reasonable location by pings, given the staggering amount of effort in the search, they would have found something by now. As of today, they have found..........wait for it.........nothing. Search area number one - South China Sea. Oops that was wrong. Search area number two, the Malacca Straits. Oops that was wrong too. Search area number three. Way way down in the South Indian Sea. Oops that was wrong too. So now in search area number 4..... Why is this search area more valid? Refined ping calculations ???

The level of misinformation in the disappearance of this aircraft simply boggles the mind, at this point not sure what to believe in official releases......... Why in the hell would Malaysian Airlines mislead everyone about the final transmission from the plane? That is completely nonsensical......

This story is far from over, and the simplistic notion of a pilot gone rogue killing a couple hundred

people does not work........

So watch the press conference in the link I gave and you may understand. But you probably won't.

There went 33 minutes of my life on a week old press conference...... In regards to this incident,

Malaysian Airlines has not been entirely forthcoming to say the least. So pardon me if I do not

hang onto every word.... :-) If these pings had any accuracy at all, and they were receiving

them every hour, it would seem to be easy enough to create a track by plotting the points, and

then using the fuel endurance to create an endpoint. And then find the wreckage. And yet....

nothing. Unless......the pilot, after killing everyone on board, was practicing making wild turns

over the Indian Ocean, and thus not allowing a straight line track to be made....

There are so many intelligence resources in the Pakistan region that a 777 could never make it to Pakistan undetected. Utter impossibility I have been told by people who actually work in this fieldsaai.gif

The good general's early speculation is apparently only being perpetuated by nutt bag conspiracy sites and not the general himself. That should speak volumes, but I suppose the nutty type will believe that the generals's current silenceblink.png is not voluntary.

Oh, so when I watched Lt Gen Thomas G. McInerney being interviewed by Sean Hannity just last Friday, was that sock puppet I was watching? giggle.gif

And I would think that a person who has the General's credentials and background that he would also have been told otherwise " by people who actually work in this field " rolleyes.gif

And when you refer to “The good general's early speculation” this telephone interview below was just from March 22 and he hasn't come out and retracted any of this? So you're talking through your hat yet again.

Do you lack reading comprehension skills or do you just leave out important words to be obstinate and argumentative?

I said utter impossibility for the place to arrive in Pakistan "UNDETECTED." The good general has been all over the place on this point from US knows and is a cover up, Pakistan knows and is a cover up (would require NON-Taliban Pakistan cover up here though . . .) to saying he had a Boeing sources, then backing off and saying he did not have a Boeing source but he read about a Boeing source on the Internet website Lignet and on and on and on.

Actually, quiet sad to listen to the poor guy . . . Age can be rough. He is nothing but I believe, I believe, I don't know why, I don't have that answer. He basically knows nothing but some alleged Boeing source he read about on the Internet!!!

Your video snippet left out portions of the general's March 22 interview that was not so flattering or persuasive. See below for that an article about the possibility of arriving undetected.

---------------

Hannity obviously thinks poor guys is off his rocker and takes it easy on him here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk975w70C1U

Note, he still does not address the satellite data that tracked the plane toward Perth . . .

---------------

Article addressing undetection issues based more on fact then unknown Boeing source he read about on the net.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/03/19/world/asia/experts-see-robust-radar-along-missing-jets-potential-path.html?referrer=

Edited by F430murci

Can a pilot depressurize an airplane at cruising altitude?

Hi,

Very straightforward to depressurize the aircraft during the cruise.

Lt Gen Thomas G. McInerney is blaming the wrong country he known which country why is he covering up that country? Maybe they are paying him

Poor McInerney is off his rocker and talks about sources that tell him something and then back off and says, no it was just sources he read about on a website . . . This sums it up pretty well.

-----------

Bernie Goldberg: Gen. McInerney Embarrassed FOX News With Plane Theory

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/03/24/goldberg_gen_mcinerney_embarrassed_fox_news_with_plane_theory.html

When a retired general goes on this network and talks about how he has sources who tells him the plane is in Pakistan or eastern Iran, and it will probably be used as a weapon to attack the United States, or an aircraft carrier, or Israel, that doesn't just embarrass him, that embarrasses -- that speaks to the credibility, in my view, of the entire network.

I don't know if this particular theory has been mentioned on here as I have not read the whole thread, but I recently received the following e-mail from a relative with many airline/aviation connections and found it quite interesting, maybe even plausible.

Forwarded to me by a fellow UAL pilot and USAF fighter pilot.

Given the intense interest in the disappearance of the B-777

. . . and a recently received email from a friend . . . I thought that

you all might like to read this short message. The author’s name is Pat. He

is a good friend of mine from Federal Express. I was his First Officer

(Co-Pilot) for two or three months prior to my upgrading to Captain in

1995. Pat and I then served together as Line Check Airman in the B-727 for a

number of years. He is an ex-Air Force F-15 pilot and is now either a

MD-11 or B-777 Captain at FedEx. He is a “straight shooter”! As a

“courtesy” I have obliterated his last name and email address.

The HINDU CUSH

an observation: a retired 3-star USAF general said (on Fox News) on

18th of March that Boeing received its last 'ping' from the malaysian 777,

while on the ground in western pakistan, in taliban-controlled area, near

the afghanistan border.

These days I prefer BUBBA KUSH thumbsup.gif