Has anybody here had any experience opening a Paypal account using a Thai bank account?

Hi there,

it won't work....i tried it before(3 month ago...)...but left it then with my Overseas Account.

rcm :o

Have found that many Thai banks are totally incompatible with electronic payment systems. I registered with Paypal using an Aussie account but yet to operate it. Hoping it works when I need it....

The blame in this case is on PayPal and not on the inefficiency of banks in Thailand (which are inefficient regardless).

Has anybody here had any experience opening a Paypal account using a Thai bank account?

Hi there,

it won't work....i tried it before(3 month ago...)...but left it then with my Overseas Account.

rcm :o

no you cant do it...as mentioned send it to a bank account back home...let the funds build up in o/seas account then do a internet transfer your self to thailand bank...i do this all the time as sell items on e-bay from thailand...and australia.....

Just for info...there is a Pay Pay Scam on the run at the moment...

The opening page looks exactly like the real one but I got suss. when it asked for a pin number....

Sent the whole thing on to PP (the real one ) who checked and agreed it was a scam and a good one...and thanked me for the info....Be carefull if you have an account.....it looks "real"..... :o

Have found that many Thai banks are totally incompatible with electronic payment systems. I registered with Paypal using an Aussie account but yet to operate it. Hoping it works when I need it....

The blame in this case is on PayPal and not on the inefficiency of banks in Thailand (which are inefficient regardless).

And... your point is? :o

Bangkok bank has a NY branch that will accept xfers from Paypal, then xfer it to your Thai account.

Interesting!

Do you happen to know where and how to apply?

Will be interested to know as well.

khall64au: No point really :o

Paypal won't do business with Thailand and a few other Asian countries. Worried about credit card fraud and such like!

If you're looking for a Paypal type system to work with a Thai bank account, go with ThaiEpay. Superb system, all receipts paid directly into your account at the end of every month. Their "ThaiEpay Flow" system is just 4% commission charges

Works great with eBay etc. Use it myself and for many clients and never had a problem.

Paypal won't do business with Thailand and a few other Asian countries. Worried about credit card fraud and such like!

This is not true. You can open a paypal account with a Thai credit card. The only problem is that you can’t withdraw your funds to a Thai bank account. However, Bangkok Bank has a system where you can use their NY Branch to set up an automatic transfer from their branch to your local Thai Bangkok Bank account. Ask your local BB branch and they will give you all the details.

For a list of which countries can do operate a paypal account then check this link.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_...untries-outside

Tompa

My Thai bank account won't allow me to transfer money from one bank to another electronicaly. Paypal - try again in another 50 years or so. The internet might work properly by then as well, but that's another subject entirely!

"Montoya", not "Montana". If it was "Montana", your avatar would be you in the sheep's backside.

Excuse me but did I miss something here.

In some movie websites, the name of the character interpreted by Al Pacino is Montoya, in others is Montana, I' ve seen the movie several times , I don't remember exactly though.

Or maybe the poster s been watching too much F1 lately :o

Edited by KhunMarco

"Montoya", not "Montana". If it was "Montana", your avatar would be you in the sheep's backside.

Excuse me but did I miss something here.

In some movie websites, the name of the character interpreted by Al Pacino is Montoya, in others is Montana, I' ve seen the movie several times , I don't remember exactly though.

Or maybe the poster s been watching too much F1 lately :o

OK thanks,I think the poster,the subject all have a Columbian connection!

Real pain in the butt, but got it. Used my account oversea's. They are smart enough to realize you are logging in from oversea's. Bitched and bluffed my way through... basically saying " are u telling me that a business man who travels, and who has a valid account in a 'valid' country, cannot use Paypal ?".

Tip, did a quick search, and got the names of all the directors of paypal / ebay, and then sent a direct mail to them ( by passed customer services center). Most companies have an executive team who hand complaints through such direct channels, and they will be more responsive.

Hope it helps.

Real pain in the butt, but got it. Used my account oversea's. They are smart enough to realize you are logging in from oversea's. Bitched and bluffed my way through... basically saying " are u telling me that a business man who travels, and who has a valid account in a 'valid' country, cannot use Paypal ?".

Tip, did a quick search, and got the names of all the directors of paypal / ebay, and then sent a direct mail to them ( by passed customer services center). Most companies have an executive team who hand complaints through such direct channels, and they will be more responsive.

Hope it helps.

Didn't quite get it. Are you saying you did manage to make Paypal accept withdrawals to a Thai bank account?

Hope it helps.

They understand travelling, but at a certain point if you continuously log in from Thailand, they will ask you to prove that you indeed live in the US and are simply on extended business. They will want a utility bill in your name, ID cc statement and bank statement. If you don't have it, they will close your US account and tell you that you can open a worthless Thai paypal account that can't be connected to any bank account for withdrawls. They don't care if it is your only source of income. They are heartless. Of course you can avoid all this from the beginning by using certain proxy servers. But use the wrong proxy and they will shut your account down within seconds of logging in.

A few months ago, I decided I wanted to change my address in my PayPal account to my current Thai address as many eBay sellers will only ship to your registered PayPal address. When the process wasn't as cut-and-dried as I thought it would be, I e-mailed PayPal for help. Here's the e-mail they sent me:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your concerns. I am happy

to assist you further.

When changing your street address, you will be unable to change your

country of residence. PayPal does not currently support addresses from

multiple countries on the same PayPal account. The only way to change the

country of residence is to open a new PayPal account and select your

country of residence during the sign up process. If you would like to open

a new account under another country, you will first have to close your

existing PayPal account. If you maintain residences in two countries, you

can have two PayPal accounts as long as only one is a Personal account and

the other is upgraded to a Premier or Business account. You will still be

able to use your US bank accounts however to confirm your address in

Thailand, you must add a credit card which has your Thailand address as the

billing address.

To close your PayPal account, follow these steps:

1. Log in to your account at https://www.paypal.com/

2. Click the "Profile" subtab.

3. Click the "Close Account" link located under "Account Information"

and follow the online instructions.

To open a new account:

1. Visit https://www.paypal.com/

2. Select the "Personal" radio button for a Personal or Premier

account. Select the "Business" radio button for a Business account.

3. Choose a Country from the drop down menu.

4. Click "Continue."

5. Fill out the form. *The Business account form has two pages to

complete.

6. Click the "Sign Up" button at the bottom of the page. You will be

taken to a new page.

Follow the directions to confirm your email address. Once the email address

is confirmed, the PayPal account will be ready to use!

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Sincerely,

Joseph

PayPal Community Support

PayPal, an eBay Company

Original Message Follows:

------------------------

Form Message

customer subject: How to change address from USA to Thailand?

customer message: Additional Information: 'I have had a PayPal account in

the U.S.A. for quite some time. I just moved to Thailand but will keep my

U.S. bank accounts. How can I change the registered home address and have

it confirmed if I keep my old bank account address?'

I haven't yet done this as I'm not quite ready to begin selling on eBay once again (and haven't recently found anything there I want to bid on). But the information should help someone else with the same questions...

ooppps...gues I should read better. I connect it with my o/s bank account. Worried about them closing it down, even though I travel alot. Maybe get my parents to log in for me a few times from Oz since I dont know how to use a proxy server.

Cheers.

Edited by skippybangkok

• 1 month later...

Bangkok bank has a NY branch that will accept xfers from Paypal, then xfer it to your Thai account.

Interesting!

Do you happen to know where and how to apply?

Can you tel me how to get a paypal account form my local Bangkok bank branch here and what to tell my Bangkok Bank branch

max : [email protected]

I just did a search on ebay for products from Thailand.

There were lots , my impression mostly semi-precious stones.

The ones I looked at accept payment exclusively by Paypal.

Often they have respectable (sometimes v high) ebay feedback scores.

They are therefore doing business , via Paypal , from Thailand.

:o