Separating house from land on purchase (Hua Hin)

I want to buy a house. Not the brightest move, I know, but having an "own place" is a whim I find difficult to part with.

The plan is to separate the land from the house, buy the former in GF's name (we're not married), and the latter in my name, then put 30-year/lifetime usufruct or lease on the deed.

Is it possible? Has anyone done that? Will the seller go for it?

PS: My dear troll, please pass this one, thank you.

it's not a matter whether the seller goes for it but whether the "registrar" in the land office, who has to separate land and building, goes for it. what you need is a good lawyer with contacts to the land office and if there is a possibility a bundle of Baht to proceed.

Can be done as Naam states above but really requires a local lawyer who will know exactly what the Land Office requires.

If new construction it is much easier since once the land is purchased and the usefruct registered a building permit can be issued in your name so that the house book will also be in your name, even though you will not be listed in it (house book is for official address purposes and will be required for utilities later on)

A competent lawyer can advise you on the requirements specific to your location and if it can be done on an existing house

Edited by Langsuan Man