Where can I buy a mosquito zapper?

AgentOkeyDokey

You know the kind that looks like a sports racquet. I am centrally located between Mee Chok Plaza and the Promenade mall and Big C Super highway and Doi Saket second ring road. Do you know of anyplace near there? Or even anyplace in CM? I really appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Makro had lots of them a few months ago. Also a semi-permanent UV lights which attracts the mozzies thru the night and zaps with a zillion volts.

For some reason, we cannot bring them into Australia. (the racquet shaped ones)

The uv light machines are not that effective. Only work in a small area and are further diminished when there is other light around it.

yes, waste of money. Keep the fan going in the area you don't want mozzies, spray now and again, get rid of breeding zones.

Makro had lots of them a few months ago. Also a semi-permanent UV lights which attracts the mozzies thru the night and zaps with a zillion volts.

Just did,nothing said by oz customs

I tried as well, but mine was taken away at Sydney airport customs.

Was that before or after you shouted..."You cannot be serious"?

The uv light machines are not that effective. Only work in a small area and are further diminished when there is other light around it.

yes, waste of money. Keep the fan going in the area you don't want mozzies, spray now and again, get rid of breeding zones.

To get rid of breeding zone, we'd have to fill in the drains running the length of each street in this moo barn. They have wide steel grilles every 7 metres or so, and they're full of wrigglers. The ponds all have small fish in them, the static water lily bowls which came with the house are regularly dosed with larvacidal 'sand. One can but try.

My UV light certainly catches a good few mozzies, as I have to empty the tray every few weeks.

I also use a Japanese produced pyrtherum spray which is listed as non-toxic.

Not meaning to be insulting, but that sounds like a Victorian slum. Anyway around Buriram, all water plant bowls are inhabited by larva eating fish, Plaa kah yung I think, dead cheap. The larvicide is supposed to not harm fish.

Maybe the customs officer needed it at home.tongue.png

Was that before or after you shouted..."You cannot be serious"?

You Cannot Be Serious!

I had heard that if you spray Listerine mouth wash around entranc ways they will not come in through those entry ways.

Unfortunately this is one of those urban myths. If only it was that simple!

Maybe not. According to QI (a UK Gen Knowledge TV programme) Listerene started life as both a floor cleaner and a cure for gonorrhea and then became a moutwash!

Bug zappers that are cheap don't work - see some of the comments - but high quality ones work fine. Mine cost $US40 on sale, which I consider to be the low end of the working models. At our cottage we had a $120 model that was so effective it needed to be cleaned daily to avoid it becoming cocooned in dead bugs.