Proposal to lift the state of emergency within this week

webfact

State of emergency to be lifted

153389-imagejpeg-225646-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The National Security Council (NSC) secretary-general Lt-Gen Paradorn Patthanathabutr said today that the Center for Maintaining Peace and Order may within this week propose the caretaker prime minister to lift the state of emergency.

He said that the proposed lifting of the state of emergency was considered following the call by the private sector for the sake of the country’s economy.

Speaking at “Inside Thailand” news program broadcast on Spring News television channel this morning, Lt-Gen Paradorn said that the lifting of the state of emergency would be clearer within the next few days .

He said the CMPO intelligence is considering which law should be enforced if the emergency decree is lifted, adding it might be the softer security law to handle the current political situation.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/state-emergency-lifted/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-10

NSC’s Paradon to propose lifting Emergency Decree this week

PNPOL570310001000401_10032014_122820.jpg

BANGKOK, 10 Mar 2014 -- Lt. Gen. Paradon Pattanathabutr, Secretary of the National Security Council (NSC), has revealed that he will propose the lifting of the Emergency Decree in Bangkok and its vicinity this week.

The comment came during his interview with local media Spring News, during which he said the procedure would have to be carried out under the legal framework set by the Civil Court, and that it would take at least a couple of days to finalize it. The NSC would also discuss with the Center for Maintaining Peace and Order to determine whether to replace the emergency decree with the Internal Security Act before proposing the idea to the cabinet and the Prime Minister for consideration.

The NSC’s Secretary General expects the decree to be lifted within this week.

As for the prospect of handing back his position to Mr. Tawil Pleinsri, Paradon said Tawil would have to decide if he wants the job back and the government would be responsible for the reinstatement details.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-03-10 footer_n.gif

about time, this was only put in place to suit the ptp and reds, the only attacking has been against the protesters and the police just refuse to do anything about it. Maybe if the police actually did their job as they were supposed to a lot of the crap would not have happened, they are aware that there is someone attacking the protesters but have not put any protection/surveilance units in place to stop it. Probably waiting for chalerm to get back with his new orders before they finalize it

I guess they lift the soe when the reds are ready to attack..... They told they recruit 600.000 (now they speak about 100.000) and give them army training to protect Yingluck.

So lift SOE and beat the crap out of the elderly women.....And than whine if some 80 year old retired army guy shoot back.....

Is Chalerm still away with Thaksin? If he is, I would have thought they could simply Skype the new instructions to everyone, instead of waiting for face to face instructions.

Mind you, if their Internet is as crap as mine, they'd be lucky to even access Facebook at the moment.

"He said that the proposed lifting of the state of emergency was considered following the call by the private sector for the sake of the country’s economy."

Improved security, less protesters, sun shining? No, the private sector asked

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The emergency decree was always an awful idea. And it has been a spectacular failure. It failed to reduce the violence. In fact it increased. The police presence - already scant - became completely invisible, while Chalerm had his " talk " with the media. Pheu Thai would love to get the army off the streets, but they will not accomplish this by withdrawing the emergency decree. The army is there of its own volition, and they are there because Chalerm's police did nothing to stop the attacks against the citizens on the streets. The army is fulfilling its duty to the public, a duty that the former Yingluck administration did not do. And the public in Bangkok feels much safer with the army's presence. As the courts proceed, the balance of power is visibly shifting. The constitutional process is proceeding, as it should, though the courts.

Not having any idea about insurance , I see in another topic that you can't get travel insurance while Thailand is in SOE mode , if that is the case , another well planned bright Idea from the PTP

Is Chalerm still away with Thaksin? If he is, I would have thought they could simply Skype the new instructions to everyone, instead of waiting for face to face instructions.

Mind you, if their Internet is as crap as mine, they'd be lucky to even access Facebook at the moment.

They might have to meet in person to perform the black-magic rituals with weird robed figures dancing around big waxy candles while chanting curses on their opponents.

Its hard to sacrifice a goat properly over Skype. Or so I'm told...

• Like 1

They might have to meet in person to perform the black-magic rituals with weird robed figures dancing around big waxy candles while chanting curses on their opponents.

Its hard to sacrifice a goat properly over Skype. Or so I'm told...

In this modern age of running a country via Skype and Facebook, the goat is now "virtual" which has the added benefit of allowing the ceremony to be repeated infinitely.

Mind you, don't they go to Malaysia for all that black magic stuff? I thought Hong Kong was just to check their offshore bank accounts ...

Edited by Tatsujin
  • Like 1

rubl, on 10 Mar 2014 - 13:52, said:rubl, on 10 Mar 2014 - 13:52, said:

"He said that the proposed lifting of the state of emergency was considered following the call by the private sector for the sake of the country’s economy."

Isn't that what suthep wants - more interaction with the people? The NSC listens to the Private sector and now you're complaining.................

By the way how's the comprehension lessons going? Did you finally understand what that police chief reinstatement case was all about, you never replied, or thanked me? Just read your belated reply - laughable.

Edited by fab4

Try to pay little more and your internet might work proper....

CMPO Won't Repeal State Of Emergency Soon: Surapong
By Khaosod English

BANGKOK: -- Citing the nightly sporadic violence related to ant-government protests, a top governmental official refused to rescind the State of Emergency any time soon.

"It should not be revoked," said Mr. Surapong Tovichakchaikul, Deputy Prime Minister and adviser to the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO).

He said the situation is still "dangerous" as many violent incidents still occur in Bangkok almost on a nightly basis, such as reports of armed militants allied to anti-government protesters assaulting or shooting at civilians.

Mr. Surapong also expressed his concern over the arrest of two Army troopers who were caught at a police checkpoint near the anti-government protest rally site in Lumpini Park with several firearms and nearly 2,000 rounds of ammunition.

"It shouldn't have happened," Mr. Surapong fumed, "I'd like to ask the commanders of each military unit to keep their eyes on their own personnel. Please do not bring military-grade weaponry into the vicinity of the protests ... because this can cause misunderstanding".

Although the State of Emergency is due to expire on 22 March, Mr. Surapong said the government can decide to extend it by convening a Cabinet meeting on 18 March.

Some members of the private sector have previously called for the State of Emergency to be repealed, as it is believed to have frightened foreign tourists and investors away from Thailand.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1394437224

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-03-10

I have a horrible suspicion and I hope I'm wrong.

Are they lifting the SOE so the reds can come to Bangkok and start trouble with the protesters?

You can't trust this government with anything they say or do.

That's sort of my thought. The main thing is to get the army out.

• Like 1

rubl, on 10 Mar 2014 - 13:52, said:rubl, on 10 Mar 2014 - 13:52, said:

Isn't that what suthep wants - more interaction with the people? The NSC listens to the Private sector and now you're complaining.................

So tell me, why was the Emergency Decree declared in the first place?

What has "paying more" got to do with the lack of reliability? They all use the same crap infrastructure and in our area it's truly abysmal. Tried the 12,500 baht "international fixed line" package and it was exactly the same as the normal cheaper packages. Worthless in this area.

What has "paying more" got to do with the lack of reliability? They all use the same crap infrastructure and in our area it's truly abysmal. Tried the 12,500 baht "international fixed line" package and it was exactly the same as the normal cheaper packages. Worthless in this area.

What do you expect living in a cave in the middle of bumfukidaho ? TRUE have their limits you know

The state of emergency is over you can come out now cheesy.gif

Edited by Tanlic

What do you expect living in a cave in the middle of bumfukidaho ? TRUE have their limits you know

The state of emergency is over you can come out now cheesy.gif

Hilarious. Bangkok has caves ...? Never seen any in the area I live in, but hey ho ...

Try to write in English and we may understand your point.

The Constitutional Court renedered the State of Emergency toothless. Oddly without doing so during the Democrat administration - guess its a matter of "connections." The military operates independently of the government and police; decides its own conditions for action. So removal of the SOE hardly seems critical. Now that PDRC has left some of its protest sites, maybe the PTP can move in with their protesters and have army bunkers protect them too.

As long as the CMPO has a big budget (10 billion Baht), transferred from Natural disaster fund, they are not interested to lift the SOE.
What might in the future comes in (more money) through tourism, they are not interested.
They have now this fat budget. And nobody controll them now.
It is a Jackpot. They can use the money for what ever they want.
So we must wait, after also this budget from 10.000.000.000 Baht is
disappeared in dark holes for nothing.

• Like 1