Looking for a room/apartment in Victory Monument Area <9000 baht per month

Hi,

I'm currently in Chiang Mai, however I plan to move to Bangkok in the next couple of months to get a different change of pace. I'd like to get a room or apartment, however I'm not too concerned about the room being up to western standards, although I would definitely prefer a western style toilet. My maximum budget would be 8000-9000 baht per month, but less would be great. I have friends in the Victory Monument area, so that's where I'd like to be. I'm not too worried about aircon, I've gotten used to just fan now.

I'm looking for the following:

• Victory Monument area
  • Good security(key card entry kind of deal)
  • Ability to get my own internet connection fitted into the room
  • Walking distance to the BTS
  • 6 month contract

If someone could point me in the right direction or provide any help or advice, that would be hugely appreciated.

Many thanks,

proovms

Edited by proovms

Check around Soi Rangnam. I've found the places around there to be fairly pricey compared to other BTS areas nearby. There are cheap places about though. Specially if you don't mind being a short walk away towards Rajaprop.

6 month contract will be a sticker with a lot of places too. Usually they increase rent for a 6 month contract over a 12 month one, making the 9k budget a little more elusive.

I used to stay at Pratum Court on Ratchaparop Soi 12 in a simple studio with hot water, a/c, western toilet, etc. for 4,500. They are around. In fact, there are plenty of them. They don't have any internet presence, so you are just going to have to hit the pavement.

• Like 1

Seen one yesterday by century plaza mall 200 yds from bts big sign apartment's for rent best directions was get off bts vic monument go to stairs on mall side not Rajavithi hospital side look over balcony you see a seafood restaurant look up and you see it

Thanks for your help guys, I will take a trip to Bangkok next month and have a look around the areas that have been suggested in this thread.

If anyone has any further information that would still be welcome and appreciated.

Thanks again,

proovms