Premeditated murder: Yingluck, five others sued over Phan Fah clash

webfact

PM, five others sued over Phan Fah clash
By Digital Content

13945284297311.jpg

BANGKOK, March 12 - Relatives of two anti-government protesters slain in the deadly clashes at Phan Fah Bridge nearly a month ago yesterday filed a criminal lawsuit against caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and five others for premeditated murder.

Thanusak Rattanakot and Supoj Boonrung died from gunshot wounds during the deadly clashes between police and an unidentified armed group at Phan Fah Bridge on Feb 18 which left six people dead including both protesters and police.

Chaiwat Sitthisuksakul, a lawyer representing relatives of the two deceased protesters, filed the lawsuit with the Criminal Court against Ms Yingluck and five others including caretaker Labour Minister Chalerm Yubamrung in his capacity as director of the Center for Maintaining Peace and Order (CAPO) on premeditated murder charges for ordering police operations to disperse the protesters.

The lawyer said relatives of the other two protesters killed in the deadly clash had filed a criminal lawsuit against the caretaker premier and others on similar charges. Ms Yingluck could face more lawsuits from those injured and affected from the deadly dispersal. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-03-12

• Like 2

With so many charges already against these people and more pending it will be a long time coming before these people will be able to walk without looking at each step they take.

With so many cases against them surely 1 will be won that will be enough to remove them from office and send them home with their tails between their legs. Then maybe this country can begin to move forward again.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

With so many charges already against these people and more pending it will be a long time coming before these people will be able to walk without looking at each step they take.

With so many cases against them surely 1 will be won that will be enough to remove them from office and send them home with their tails between their legs. Then maybe this country can begin to move forward again.

Yes then replace them with others who also have mass murder charges hanging over their heads or will they drop the charges when they come to power. Is there any one left in Thailand at the moment who doesn't have charges hanging over them.

• Like 1

They went after abhisit.

This was inevitable.

They are such an ignorant lot. They set a precedent and then begin to commit the same acts and expect it to be OK.

Wouldn't it be interesting to hear from Yingluck's former collage what they think of her or if they are trying to forget they took her money and gave her a piece of paper.

I wonder what her fellow class mates think of her.

I dunno about sending any of them home. I think a very long prison sentence to serve as a deterrent would be the thing to do.

I am all in favour of it.

If you threaten or attack police anywhere in the world then expect them to respond.

........and so, what?

I don't think that that will get them off the hook, do you?

Besides, if you attack soldiers and civilians then the army anywhere in the world would respond!!!

"Premeditated murder" is a murder committed by someone who

1) Has malice or desire to kill

2) Aware that one's actions will lead to the death of a victim or victims

3) Identifies the victim or victims

4) Plans the murder ahead by selecting the means of murder, the place, the time, and tracking the victim or victims to such planned place and time.

5) Plans evasion and escape

What happened at the Phan Fah clash was a spontaneous gun fight between the police and unknown armed assailants that resuled in the deaths of police, assailants, and civilians. How does that incident in anyway fit premeditated murder by government officials? If there was any premeditated murder it would be committed by the armed assailants. "Never say never" but for a charge and conviction against specified police and government officials there would have to be some extraordinary and uncontrovertable evidence that isn't typically found in the Thai judicial system.

I probably agree with point 1). only!!

"Premeditated murder" is a murder committed by someone who

1) Has malice or desire to kill

2) Aware that one's actions will lead to the death of a victim or victims

3) Identifies the victim or victims

4) Plans the murder ahead by selecting the means of murder, the place, the time, and tracking the victim or victims to such planned place and time.

5) Plans evasion and escape

What happened at the Phan Fah clash was a spontaneous gun fight between the police and unknown armed assailants that resuled in the deaths of police, assailants, and civilians. How does that incident in anyway fit premeditated murder by government officials? If there was any premeditated murder it would be committed by the armed assailants. "Never say never" but for a charge and conviction against specified police and government officials there would have to be some extraordinary and uncontrovertable evidence that isn't typically found in the Thai judicial system.

I probably agree with point 1). only!!

I don't see the sense in taking an article from a Thai news paper with the offence translated into English and attempting to apply some vague western definition to it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

LOL! It's amusing to read the responses of certain red sympathizers talking crap about this lawsuit. What goes around, comes around. If these idiots want to prosecute Abhisit or Suthep for the same thing, they can join them in the lawsuits also. clap2.gif

• Like 1

Chickens.....home.....roost.

When the chickens come marching home again,
Hurrah! Hurrah!
We'll give them a hearty welcome then
Hurrah! Hurrah!
The men will cheer and the boys will shout
The ladies they will all turn out
And we'll all feel gay when the chickens come marching home.

It's not about what you agree with, it's about what the definition of premeditated murder is, as defined by the law wink.png

Who's definition is it because it isn't very concise and a lot of it is open to question??

For example - you are saying that if someone plans to kill some one and then simply stand there waiting for the police to come then that's not (by your definition) premeditated as they didn't plan an escape route.

Did she orders the Police to kill the protestors? No I think you'll find she said that refrain from using violence.

Whoever started the exchange of fire is responsible, the PM isn't resonsible for an individuals actions either, that's why there's a Chain of Command.

By you definition, then Barack Obama is resonsible for the hundreds of deaths of innocent Pakistani and Afghan villagers through drone strikes? (Some may argue he really is) but the Commanders on the ground were the ones who called the shots so to speak.

Neither Yingluck or Suthep and Abhisit will see the inside of a courtroom, but if one does, they all should, and they should all accept the responsibility of their decisions, not actions, but decisions. ;)

The Generals and the Police Generals are every bit as gulity through association in my view, the ones who were on the ground at the time that is ;)