can I bring tea bags in my luggage?

philjan

Yorkshire Gold. My all time favorite! Over the past years I have brought it into Thailand in my checked bags. Anyone know if it can bought in any Thai supermarkets?

Don't be taken in by the Yorkshire Gold scam. Their are no tea plantations in Yorkshire! smile.png

Well where does that yellow gold fluid come from. On second thoughts do not tell me I do not want to know.coffee1.gif

Can I bring tea bags in my luggage?

This got anything to do with paying "tea money" ? You think the BIB would accept the tea bags instead of the folding stuff ? Just wondering...

• Like 1

I brought tea leaves in my checked baggage from America. TSA busted the (TSA approved) lock (then discarded it), dumped everything out, smashed one of my XBOX 360 game cases & shoved everything back in; shirts all waded up. Guess it depends where you fly out from.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

America was it...

Well, that might explain it.....

I brought tea leaves in my checked baggage from America. TSA busted the (TSA approved) lock (then discarded it), dumped everything out, smashed one of my XBOX 360 game cases & shoved everything back in; shirts all waded up. Guess it depends where you fly out from.

America was it...

Well, that might explain it.....

Ah, the "Peoples' Republic of America," aka United States. Even in Vietnam, they have the courtesy to pull you to one side to open your stowed luggage if they thing there is something wrong with it - ie if you put a laptop in your stowed luggage. In the PRA/USA, they just bust it open.

Consumables are not allowed. The reason is that they can deteriorate and/or carry unwelcome contaminants into another country. Tinned stuff is also not allowed.

Thats the official line. I have got away with it many times. My favourite item for smuggling being Tetleys tea bags and marmite.

Mine come through the post a along with Weetabix for the little one!

I noticed a few weeks back that Tesco Lotus are stocking Weetabix now.

Friendship supermarket in Pattaya has always stocked weetabix 170baht for 24

Firstly - weetabix, most supermarkets sell the Australian version named Sanatarium or similar. Not expensive, many varieties and delicious. Secondly - tea, take out of the cardboard packaging and pack in either the main luggage or cabin luggage. We have bought in fine teas including Earl Grey, Lady Grey, Yorkshire Tea, Assam, Darjeeling, English Breakfast, 1706 Strong Breakfast and Assam with vanilla.

Firstly - weetabix, most supermarkets sell the Australian version named Sanatarium or similar. Not expensive, many varieties and delicious. Secondly - tea, take out of the cardboard packaging and pack in either the main luggage or cabin luggage. We have bought in fine teas including Earl Grey, Lady Grey, Yorkshire Tea, Assam, Darjeeling, English Breakfast, 1706 Strong Breakfast and Assam with vanilla.

Twinnings teas are readily availible. TOPS own brand English Breakfast teabags is quite drinkable at moderate cost.

I'm not a tea drinker, hate the stuff, but doesn't Thailand grow tea? So why import it?

If you were a tea drinker you would taste the difference between Thai tea & English tea.

'I just moved my accommodation base when in the UK out of Yorkshire to oCambridge'

Cm'on the U'S.

jb1

I come from Cambridge, hope you like it there, sure you will. I have to go back there soon - running out of Typhoo. Always bring some with me never had any problems although I do pack it deep down in the luggage just in case.

Yorkshire Gold. My all time favorite! Over the past years I have brought it into Thailand in my checked bags. Anyone know if it can bought in any Thai supermarkets?

Don't be taken in by the Yorkshire Gold scam. Their are no tea plantations in Yorkshire! smile.png

Hmmmmmm so no tea plantation in Yorkshire hey....

Have a read of the below link....

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/1515708.new_tea_plantation_in_north_yorkshire/

I don't know how it went but it seems to me that a tea plantation in Yorkshire is quite possible which would then be Yorkshire Tea to me..

Eeh Bah Gum lad...facepalm.gif

'I just moved my accommodation base when in the UnK

out of Yorkshire to

oCambridge'

Sorry I seem to have used some of your post. It wouldn't edit

Cm'on the U'S.

jb1

I come from Cambridge, hope you like it there, sure you will. I have to go back there soon - running out of Typhoo. Always bring some with me never had any problems although I do pack it deep down in the luggage just in case.

'I just moved my accommodation base when in the UnK

out of Yorkshire to

oCambridge'

Sorry I seem to have used some of your post. It wouldn't edit

Cm'on the U'S.

jb1

Hilarious, the TSA approved lock, you almost couldn't make it up !

I always bring in my hold luggage 2 big bags of Yorkshire tea bags (buy at Costco UK, bulk bags around £7.68 ea) for a mate, always bring in chedder cheese also in a cooler bag and ice pack, gets here no probs and still cold ready for fridge. have done this for years with no issues

• Like 1

Hmmmmmm so no tea plantation in Yorkshire hey....

Have a read of the below link....

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/1515708.new_tea_plantation_in_north_yorkshire/

I don't know how it went but it seems to me that a tea plantation in Yorkshire is quite possible which would then be Yorkshire Tea to me..

Eeh Bah Gum lad...facepalm.gif

Well they will not have wormcaster's worms in the soil....Ducks Come'n gobble up the worms there.

No, you can't. You will be stopped, searched and most likely shot for importing tea bags! don't do it.

how misleading! This is Thailand, not aussie Quarantine.

I got told off entering Oz-land for saying I had no food stuff with me, and then they located half a bar of chocolate.

However, Thailand is very easy going, and I always bring heaps of things back here with me, and no problems. Just don't try anything illegal. I'm sure tea bags from the mountains of Yorkshire would be ok!!

You actually took my post serious??? Amazing Thailand!

• Like 1

Ah, the joys of living in a model democracy.

• Like 1

Bringing food to Thailand is like bringing coals to Newcastle. All the food is here with most of the flavours. You may have to explore a little more but really, if you are here , you are already an explorer.

don't agree.

Try buying Malaysian or Indonesian packets/tins/bottles. I like the Indonesian noodles as they are more flavoursome and not drowned in chilly; the Malaysian rendang made by the AYAM company is not sold here. Only their baked beans and tinned fish. I wrote to the AYAM company, asking why the range the sell in Australia is not sold here, and the reply was that "Thais do not like Malaysian food".

However, that said, I am impressed with the great range of Thai and ethnic food available here; some of the Indian and British prepared meals are very tasty.

We all have different tastes, so we eat what we like best. Depends what our mothers/wives raised us on.

But I will continue exploring the shops for Yorkshire Tea, 'baht hat. wai2.gif