Is Kawa z800 a: old/new/Asian model? Import or no?

Shurup

Like I said, the Z1000 or Yam MT09 would be my choice of bike (if I were there).

My ideal bike is a street triple R, but it ain't going to happen at the moment.

Money isn't a problem (at the moment), so the choice is vast. My problem is I am 48 and ploughing all my time into making money/work so I can have a half decent retirement. Having 6 and 11 year old daughters at 48 years old means I would be foolish to give up the day job.

I am living in Malaysia, it is like Mad Max out there - "....a white line nightmare...."

Get a cbr650f for 300 k thb and save a lot of money.

Got mine today and it is a lot comfy plus easy to ride.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm heading to work for a month in a few days so all the tries of new bikes will have to wait until then. I'm sure it's comfy for you if you say so but it may not be so for other people. I just hope they have different color schemes from what I've seen of the cbr650 on internet, them color reminded me of a parrot. :D Hope they make them in one or two tone and preferably darker colors, like red with black otherwise I won't consider one.

Sent from a Nuclear Submarine.

I'm heading to work for a month in a few days so all the tries of new bikes will have to wait until then. I'm sure it's comfy for you if you say so but it may not be so for other people. I just hope they have different color schemes from what I've seen of the cbr650 on internet, them color reminded me of a parrot. biggrin.png Hope they make them in one or two tone and preferably darker colors, like red with black otherwise I won't consider one.

If only the colors are holding you off you can have your own paint job done and have a cbr/cb like nobody else.

This will not cost so much I think.

I seen many PCX's in Pattaya painted in all sorts of colors, even one in banana yellow, ha-ha, must be easy to find in a bike parking lot.

I like the tri color on the cb very much but haven't seen it in person, only on pix.

I've got a z800 it's a great bike. 4 cyl water cooled runs fine here. I haven't had any problems with the braking and it is easily serviced as there are quite a few kawa big bike dealers in thailand. The weight I have never seen as an issue. It's a fast bike and I love it

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

The last love of my life, left behind due to shifting countries crying.gif.pagespeed.ce.ENG_hyc8Gu.gifcrying.gif.pagespeed.ce.ENG_hyc8Gu.gif

Right down to the colour, expect mine had Zard carbon cans, bellypan and nose fairing.

post-8817-0-25416900-1394895723_thumb.pn

Edited by soihok
  • Like 1

Tomorrow there is a test drive on all Ducati bikes at some place in Lad Prao. you can try the bikes you are interested there. I might go there to test drive the Multistrada and Hypermotard..

under 400K, you cant go wrong with any of these bikes:

CB650F 285-288K

CBR650F 300K

Suzuki Gladius 319K

Suzuki Vstrom 350K

Z800 375K

Yamaha MT-09

the Honda are the most value ones.

Tomorrow there is a test drive on all Ducati bikes at some place in Lad Prao. you can try the bikes you are interested there. I might go there to test drive the Multistrada and Hypermotard..

CB650F 285-288K

CBR650F 300K

Suzuki Gladius 319K

Suzuki Vstrom 350K

Z800 375K

Yamaha MT-09

True Honda are the budget ones.

CB650F 285-288K

CBR650F 300K

Suzuki Gladius 319K

Suzuki Vstrom 350K

Z800 375K

Yamaha MT-09

Only 2 bikes worth considering on the list - the last 2.

• Like 1

CB650F 285-288K

CBR650F 300K

Suzuki Gladius 319K

Suzuki Vstrom 350K

Z800 375K

Yamaha MT-09

Ducati test ride - sounds interesting. Do you have a better description of the location or an address, I only know the Lad Prao is somewhere in Chatuchak. It will be a few hrs for me to get there from up country...

The Z800 will be shipped over as a completely-built unit from Thailand, and has been priced at Rs 7.90 lakh if you're buying it in Pune, and Rs 8.05 lakh if you buy it in Delhi. Both prices are ex-showroom.

http://www.topgear.com/india/bike-news/launched-kawasaki-z800/itemid-86

This is really silly, the ABS model is made in Thailand but isn't sold here? <deleted> Kawasaki?

The Z800 will be shipped over as a completely-built unit from Thailand, and has been priced at Rs 7.90 lakh if you're buying it in Pune, and Rs 8.05 lakh if you buy it in Delhi. Both prices are ex-showroom.

http://www.topgear.com/india/bike-news/launched-kawasaki-z800/itemid-86

This is really silly, the ABS model is made in Thailand but isn't sold here? <deleted> Kawasaki?

Yes but Thai logic can be hard to understand sometimes.

I also want my next bike to have abs, having my sights on the cb650f but wait for reviews first.

^^^ Well, I would say the lack of any logic.

A new CBR 650 sounds like an awesome bike but I much prefer the looks of the z800. I'll wait for the next year model, still need to sell my old bike first.