weekly hotel rates bkk

Sydneycraig

Usually hotels prefere 3 days or more, especially if you book Fri/Sat you may get Sun free (if u buy dinner there...)

In ASIA there are many "Offers" sometimes are for 5 nights but I have found they have
"2 rooms left at this rate" to be flexible They fill them up - then "release" another 2 ...

Plus some hotels will offer walk-in rate specials - 3 for 2 etc - that are not on the internet.

Best to arrive before 2 pm to negotiate the best room at the best rate.

Hoteliers management and staff want rooms to be booked quickly and for as long as possible

Usually hotels prefere 3 days or more, especially if you book Fri/Sat you may get Sun free (if u buy dinner there...)

In ASIA there are many "Offers" sometimes are for 5 nights but I have found they have

"2 rooms left at this rate" to be flexible They fill them up - then "release" another 2 ...

Plus some hotels will offer walk-in rate specials - 3 for 2 etc - that are not on the internet.

Hoteliers management and staff want rooms to be booked quickly and for as long as possible

Usually in Thailand the walk in rate costs more than the internet rate. sad.png

I went into this new Hotel just built in Patong, at the desk the room price was 600 Baht per night, the lady behind the counter told me to book through Agoda, as an exercise i looked at the room rates i pay for Hotels in Thailand and the Agoda prices, to my surprise internet prices are cheaper than walk in rates, so i think i will look to book hotels through internet sites rather than walk in, but i have been going to many hotels in Thailand for many years and the rates for many are the same, internet/walk in so shopping around is the key word, good luck (i am not indorsing Agoda or advertising for them, i'm just using them as an example, you have to search yourself to get the best rates)

Usually in Thailand the walk in rate costs more than the internet rate. sad.png

This is true in any part of the world I believe.