54% want Yingluck to take responsibility for deadlock

webfact

DUSIT POLL
54% want Yingluck to take responsibility for deadlock

THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- MOST PEOPLE believe Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra should take responsibility for the raft of problems that have inflicted a heavy toll on the country and her caretaker administration, reported Dusit Poll.

About 54 per cent of the 1,318 people surveyed countrywide from Wednesday to Saturday believe she should show responsibility for the "political turmoil" as the country's leader, although no information was given on how.

About 9 per cent thought she should continue working for the public interest, and 26 per cent felt she needs to urgently resolve issues to shore up her image and credibility while 11 per cent did not want her to meddle in court cases or abuse her power.

The respondents were asked to comment on what Yingluck should do for incidents that have pushed the country towards recession and threatened to rip the state apart.

These include the months-long anti-government protests to oust her, the Constitutional Court ruling against the Bt2-trillion loan bill that has delayed investment in basic infrastructure, her wrong judgement that led to a huge loss of state money for the unfinished February 2 election, the corruption-plagued rice pledging scandal that has led to massive financial losses to the state, and the court order to reinstate Thawil Plainsri as secretary-general of the National Security Council that has shaken public trust in her.

Other problems cited by the pollster include the bid to change the charter on the make-up of the Senate, the Bt350-billion water management project that has faced heavy scrutiny, and charges of negligence against Yingluck in connection with the 2011 flood.

Asked if they were Yingluck, what would they do, 67 per cent of the respondents said they would clarify doubts and allegations to make |the public understand as much as possible, 17 per cent would call on every sector to brainstorm on quick solutions first, 9 per cent would |continue working as the premier and 6 per cent would be patient and try to correct the problems conscientiously.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-17

The whole political landscape apart from the murders and violence is like reading a comic for the under tens, it is quite unbelievable that these people are adults in charge, exactly why it needs to change

• Like 1

Poll does not suit your agenda? Ignore it. Call it stupid.

Constitution referendum does not suit your agenda? Ignore it. Call it stupid.

Majority not wanting the amnesty bill does not suit your agenda? Ignore them. Call them stupid.

Lowest voter turn out in Thai democratic history does not suit your agenda? Ignore it. Call it stupid.

And rest assured when the PTP lose at the ballot box that result won't be accepted either. There is a minority with a 200 000 militia that will assure the PTP don't loose power. The PTP already ignore the democratic principle "rule of law" when it goes against them. Don't doubt for a minute that they will disrespect that other principle "elections" if it does not go its way either.

Now when someone votes or takes a poll that is his opinion. The national ballot is everyones opinion on who they want to run the country. Those opinions are tabulated and the fact then becomes clear on who gets to practice the "other" principles of democracy besides "elections"

So "Thai at Heart" what do you mean by brushing aside the results of this poll by stating "stupid survey with opinion as fact"?

Most people believe....Now I am not world class statistician, but I don't see how that inference can be taken from a poll like this.

You're correct, you're not world class or a statistician.

The majority or "most" is defined as the greater part or number or the number larger than half the total (minority).

In this instance, 54% of 100% is a majority of those polled or the majority/most of the people sampled.

In the 2011 Election, 48.41% was not a majority of those that voted as the greater number of votes went elsewhere. It also wasn't the majority of the people due to voter turnout, voting for other parties and no votes etc, all of which would reduce that % further if they were taken into account.

• Like 2

Majority not wanting the amnesty bill does not suit your agenda? Ignore them. Call them stupid.

Lowest voter turn out in Thai democratic history does not suit your agenda? Ignore it. Call it stupid.

And rest assured when the PTP lose at the ballot box that result won't be accepted either. There is a minority with a 200 000 militia that will assure the PTP don't loose power. The PTP already ignore the democratic principle "rule of law" when it goes against them. Don't doubt for a minute that they will disrespect that other principle "elections" if it does not go its way either.

Now when someone votes or takes a poll that is his opinion. The national ballot is everyones opinion on who they want to run the country. Those opinions are tabulated and the fact then becomes clear on who gets to practice the "other" principles of democracy besides "elections"

So "Thai at Heart" what do you mean by brushing aside the results of this poll by stating "stupid survey with opinion as fact"?

Most people believe....Now I am not world class statistician, but I don't see how that inference can be taken from a poll like this.

So being unable to answer my question I assume you are retracting your "opinion as fact" statement?

Polls based on samples of a broad section of the populations are subject to sampling errors that can reflect the effects of chance and uncertainty in the sampling process. It is a margin of error if you will. Opinion polls have been used as early back as the start of the 19th century and through history and has been a litmus test of a nations views. With a random sample of 1,000 people a margin of sampling error of 3% for the estimated percentage of the whole population was suggested. So this poll can have 3% added or taken away from the final result and that spread will be where the populations views lie.

However reason flies against the face of facts (again) when those facts do not suit a PTP agenda. Every single Thai poll that goes against the PTP agenda is denounced and it is suggested that the polls are not independent and DEM rooted (where have we heard that before). I suggest that if one wants a poll that suits the PTP agenda just make up some figures that suit that agenda and treat those figures as fact. Never mind that the margin of error will be 97%, but heay who cares.

When a poll goes against the DEMs I dont decree it or say it is a PTP rooted poll. That would be plain silly and make me look foolish I simply see it as a litmus test of what the general population want, but then accepting facts is a trait that I share with most other human beings.

Most people, is an absolute. That cannot be inferred with a figure of 54% without expressing the margin. It barely figures.

Last week there were several of this type of poll where they asked what people believed, and expressed it as a poll. Because they believe she may or may not be responsible does not mean anything.

Look, we have abac , nida, etc and they are all asking leading uniformed questions.

Ask 1000 people who they believe are responsible and 54% say yingluck, and this represents the headline of "take responsibility". What does that mean.

It wouldn't matter whether the answer was positive or negative to yingluck. These types of polls posed like this are fluff.

The respondents were asked to comment on what Yingluck should do for incidents that have pushed the country towards recession and threatened to rip the state apart.

Hello sir, can I just ask you a few questions about how the country is being pushed to recession and the state is being threatened to be ripped apart?

Oh puleeeeeze.

Hello sir, can I just ask you a few questions about how the country is being pushed to recession and the state is being threatened to be ripped apart?

Oh puleeeeeze.

I believe you are twisting the facts and trying to apply flimsy spin in order to justify your stupid first comment.

'Hello sir, can I just ask you a few questions about how the country is being pushed to recession and the state is being threatened to be ripped apart?'

Where in the OP did it say that?

When a poster starts to heavily embellish the OP, they know they are on the losing side of the argument....... fact.

Here is the real line from the OP completely 'unedited'.

Shows that you are clutching at straws and twisting the facts to try to wriggle out of your commentary.

I have always found opinion polls to be pretty accurate, not silly.

• Like 2

The majority or "most" is defined as the greater part or number or the number larger than half the total (minority).

In this instance, 54% of 100% is a majority of those polled or the majority/most of the people sampled.

In the 2011 Election, 48.41% was not a majority of those that voted as the greater number of votes went elsewhere. It also wasn't the majority of the people due to voter turnout, voting for other parties and no votes etc, all of which would reduce that % further if they were taken into account.

They only accept a majority when it suits their agenda. When it doesn't they mimic a washing machine stuck on the spin cycle.

They only accept a majority when it suits their agenda. When it doesn't they mimic a washing machine stuck on the spin cycle.

There is not much that is world class going on here.

Even if we go along with and accept the amateurish leading questions posed in this poll....

If the polls margin of error was say +/- 5% then the stated figure of 54% could in fact be anywhere between 49% and 59%.

Therefore, it is quite possible that less than half the people polled actually believe Yingluck should take responsibility...

The margin of error would be greatly determined by the sample surveyed and how truly they reflect the population. My guess is not too many remote and rural people living outside of major urban areas were included (i.e. - Red supporters have been under represented).

It appears this pollster has used every trick out of the book to push the published outcomes in the direction of their own liking.

(Including the margin of area is standard practice for any polling organisation that wants to be taken seriously).

BTW - Elections are about winning a majority of seats in the lower house of parliament - which PTP did quite convincingly at 265 out of 500.

Opinion polls are just that..opinions, people change their opinions all the time, I known a few polls in recent years that favoured a certain candidate, only to find that when the crucial voting day arrived, the polls were wrong!!! ;)

The Ratio polled to the ratio of the voting population is so minuscule that many people would dismiss the results anyway.

Conduct the same polls in The South, Central and the North Regions only and you'll get huge variations in results.

" About 9 per cent thought she should continue working for the public interest. "

It's good to know that the " Thida majority " is making its presence known to ensure the path forward.

Edited by Scamper
  • Like 1

Even if we go along with and accept the amateurish leading questions posed in this poll....

If the polls margin of error was say +/- 5% then the stated figure of 54% could in fact be anywhere between 49% and 59%.

Therefore, it is quite possible that less than half the people polled actually believe Yingluck should take responsibility...

The margin of error would be greatly determined by the sample surveyed and how truly they reflect the population. My guess is not too many remote and rural people living outside of major urban areas were included (i.e. - Red supporters have been under represented).

It appears this pollster has used every trick out of the book to push the published outcomes in the direction of their own liking.

(Including the margin of area is standard practice for any polling organisation that wants to be taken seriously).

BTW - Elections are about winning a majority of seats in the lower house of parliament - which PTP did quite convincingly at 265 out of 500.

I take all these polls with a large grain of salt, however the point here is that (as always) the red supporters crow about anything that goes their way whilst automatically dismissing anything from those same sources that doesn't go their way as biased, unfair, not democratic etc etc

As for your winning of seats, whilst 265 out of 500 IS a majority, it's not a big one now is it? lol

" About 9 per cent thought she should continue working for the public interest. "

It's good to know that the " Thida majority " is making its presence known to ensure the path forward.

Scamper, are you still on standby for the largest protest ever?

The master was maybe just baiting. whistling.gif

Vote, or you don't count. The foundation of Democracy is electing representatives by majority. Anything else is not Democracy. Anything else will not be validated. Anything else will hurt Thailand.

Stop whining and start developing policy that will get majority support. Put that in your whistle and smoke it. And please, please, please find a leader better than the sociopathic Suthep or talking haircut Abhisit.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

? Incomplete elections, not her fault!

? Shutdown of city? Talk to the Dems

How many times has she invited Suthep to talk?

Total joke. Govt has done all they can.

You say it your self, the goverment has done all they can.

Well that wasn't much all together, was it?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So being unable to answer my question I assume you are retracting your "opinion as fact" statement?

Polls based on samples of a broad section of the populations are subject to sampling errors that can reflect the effects of chance and uncertainty in the sampling process. It is a margin of error if you will. Opinion polls have been used as early back as the start of the 19th century and through history and has been a litmus test of a nations views. With a random sample of 1,000 people a margin of sampling error of 3% for the estimated percentage of the whole population was suggested. So this poll can have 3% added or taken away from the final result and that spread will be where the populations views lie.

However reason flies against the face of facts (again) when those facts do not suit a PTP agenda. Every single Thai poll that goes against the PTP agenda is denounced and it is suggested that the polls are not independent and DEM rooted (where have we heard that before). I suggest that if one wants a poll that suits the PTP agenda just make up some figures that suit that agenda and treat those figures as fact. Never mind that the margin of error will be 97%, but heay who cares.

When a poll goes against the DEM’s I don’t decree it or say it is a PTP rooted poll. That would be plain silly and make me look foolish I simply see it as a litmus test of what the general population want, but then accepting facts is a trait that I share with most other human beings.

And the Dusit polls are normally taken where??? Methinks Bangkok - a Democrat "stronghold".

When a poll goes against the DEMs I dont decree it or say it is a PTP rooted poll. That would be plain silly and make me look foolish I simply see it as a litmus test of what the general population want, but then accepting facts is a trait that I share with most other human beings.

Most people, is an absolute. That cannot be inferred with a figure of 54% without expressing the margin. It barely figures.

Last week there were several of this type of poll where they asked what people believed, and expressed it as a poll. Because they believe she may or may not be responsible does not mean anything.

Look, we have abac , nida, etc and they are all asking leading uniformed questions.

Ask 1000 people who they believe are responsible and 54% say yingluck, and this represents the headline of "take responsibility". What does that mean.

It wouldn't matter whether the answer was positive or negative to yingluck. These types of polls posed like this are fluff.

If the poll were taken in Issan it would be in her favour and you would be cheering from the rooftops. In BKK it would probably be against her and you would decry it. The same poll taken in the South would be overwhelmingly against her and you would be rubbishing it as a Democrat poll.

This was supposedly taken nationwide and yet you still rubbish it because it is niot what you want to see or hear.

Just live with it, ignore it as it won't be here next week.

Better still conduct your own poll on Thai Visa and get the mods to monitor it and see what results you get.

If the poll were taken in Issan it would be in her favour and you would be cheering from the rooftops. In BKK it would probably be against her and you would decry it. The same poll taken in the South would be overwhelmingly against her and you would be rubbishing it as a Democrat poll.

This was supposedly taken nationwide and yet you still rubbish it because it is niot what you want to see or hear.

Just live with it, ignore it as it won't be here next week.

Better still conduct your own poll on Thai Visa and get the mods to monitor it and see what results you get.

And the spin continues without any FACTS or EVIDENCE to back it up.

You say "quite possible" and "my guess" and "It appears" quite a lot to pass your beliefs off as facts then finish up with one real fact from 3 years ago. WOW. You notice that every point I have made is verifiable and can be easily backed up with current facts from today that are conducive and representative of the current political climate. Do you think the election from 3 years ago is representative of the "here and now" in Thai politics and should this result be used to allow the PTP to govern for eternity? If that was the case then it would be called a dictatorship.

Of course the PTP won't use the 2014 election as a template for success. That election does not suit their agenda.

Please do not substitute your beliefs as facts when rebutting me.

Edited by djjamie

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

When a poll goes against the DEM’s I don’t decree it or say it is a PTP rooted poll. That would be plain silly and make me look foolish I simply see it as a litmus test of what the general population want, but then accepting facts is a trait that I share with most other human beings.

And the Dusit polls are normally taken where??? Methinks Bangkok - a Democrat "stronghold".

Please read the 3rd line of the OP.

About 54 per cent of the 1,318 people surveyed countrywide from Wednesday to Saturday.......

Fair enough.

So what would you call a poll which shows that 89 per cent of Thais nationwide "want (Yingluck) to meddle in court cases or abuse her power" while even more, 91 per cent, do not want her to work in the public image. It should not be ignored, and it is not stupid. So what is it?

You are fitting a belief in as a substitute for a fact. Re4ad the article and look up the Dusit poll web page (in Thai) the polls are taken throughout the country and represent a broad cross section of the population.

The Dusit poll in 2011 showed (+ or - 3%) that the PTP would win the election with 41% of the votes. (They got 43% so it fell within that range)

Now that poll was not favorable to the DEM's, but on this forum when that result was published it was taken as gospel by the PTP supporters. Not a hint of "It is a Bangkok poll" Not a single, "this is not representative of the broad cross section of society", not a single word saying "this is only opinion and not representative of an election 5 years ago" Why? Because that poll suited the PTP agenda. It vindicated to the TVF PTP supporters that "there team" is the best. They won.

I didn't like the result of the poll, but I accepted it. I didn't spin or substitute beliefs for facts to denounce it to suit my agenda. That would be childish and silly.

Time to accept the fact that the PTP are not as popular as the were 3 years ago even if you don't like it.

Don't worry I support the DEM's. They have not won an election 6 straight times apparently so I do know how the PTP's feel now in this dark time of the PTP.