Thai tourism authority welcomes Songkran in Singapore

webfact

Thai tourism authority welcomes Songkran in Singapore
By Digital Content

139510864195.jpg

BANGKOK, March 18 – The Tourism and Sports Ministry has no objection to a planned Songkran festival in Singapore on April 12-13.

Suwat Sidthilaw, Tourism and Sports Ministry permanent secretary, said Thailand could not prohibit Singapore from organising the Thai traditional water-splashing event.

He was referring to a report on website PRLog.org about the Songkran Festival at The Padang opposite the City Hall.

Having the festival outside Thailand will help promote Thai traditions, he said, adding that the Tourism Authority of Thailand will support the Songkran festival in several provinces including Chiang Mai, Sukhothai and Samut Prakarn. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-03-18

• Like 1

As I read the topic title I thought the TAT was organising their own outing to Singapore with some obvious good reasons why there should be a budget to do so.

Mind you, in support of Singapore and with ASEAN in mind, TAT may still join the Singapore Songkhran festival to emphasize how much nicer it is in it's original form in Thailand. Not sure when that was though. Nowadays it seems more like an all-out war, but luckily only with water.

That's mighty white of them! I didn't realise Thailand had a monopoly on Songkran?

And you can be sure Singapore will insist on only the cleanest water being thrown. smile.png

And all quickly recycled for public consumption.....

That's mighty white of them! I didn't realise Thailand had a monopoly on Songkran?

And you can be sure Singapore will insist on only the cleanest water being thrown. smile.png

And all quickly recycled for public consumption.....

Or sold to Boon Rawd then bottled and remarketed as Singha Lite. wink.png

• Like 1

The Tourism and Sports Ministry has no objection to a planned Songkran festival in Singapore on April 12-13.

Are they implying that they need to be asked on this matter?

Thai traditional water-splashing event.

Riding on the back of open pick up in Singapore?

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1

Morakot, on 18 Mar 2014 - 17:38, said:
QuoteThe Tourism and Sports Ministry has no objection to a planned Songkran festival in Singapore on April 12-13.

Are they implying that they need to be asked on this matter?

Thai traditional water-splashing event.

Riding on the back of open pick up in Singapore?

yeah right in your dreamscheesy.gif

One of my first few years living in Thailand, I spent Songkran in the cheapest hotel in Singapore. It was near the main post office, very dingy and was closed down long ago. The whole thing was full of Thai hookers and I got soaked for at least one day.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

One of my first few years living in Thailand, I spent Songkran in the cheapest hotel in Singapore. It was near the main post office, very dingy and was closed down long ago. The whole thing was full of Thai hookers and I got soaked for at least one day.

So,morale of your story is...stay near to where the thais are to enjoy Songkran wherever u are?

Sent from my i-mobile IQX Octa using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I wish these people would think first before spouting off prematurely as so often happens in Thailand. First the government wants to take Singapore to court and now they retract it. Sure, different departments but the same government. Think please!

".....full of Thai hookers and I got soaked for at least one day."

Are those Thai hookers still soaking tourists down in Slingawhore?