Book and buy Air Asia flights at 7-Eleven

webfact

Book and buy Air Asia flights at 7-Eleven
By Coconuts Bangkok

counterservice.jpg?itok=7C3kZ47k

Some day we will all be born, live, work, shop and die without ever leaving 7-Eleven.

BANGKOK: -- Although live birth and funeral services aren't available (yet!), the ubiquitous convenience store - which recently became a post office - has now become a travel agency.

As of yesterday, all 7-Eleven stores nationwide now take bookings and payment for all international and domestic flights from Thailand on Air Asia airline.

The ubiquitous 7-Eleven convenience stores have turned into physical sales outlets for Thai AirAsia (TAA) in a partnership that breaks new ground in air ticket distribution.

Ticket bookings must be made five days in advance of travel and can be paid for at the store's "Counter Service" bill-pay service. A booking fee of 30 baht to 90 baht will be applied, depending on the value of the ticket. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/03/18/book-and-buy-air-asia-flights-7-eleven

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-03-18

• Like 2

A redbull, two hamburgers and a flight to Malaysia for me.

Then if you get mugged and robbed on the way to the airport you can pop into to local 7/11 and make a crime report. Are they still taking crime reports for the BIB?

yea, I already pay the electric bill there because i don't know anywhere else to pay it, you can also pay any other bill there.. but bills don't seem to take that much longer than buying groceries, but airline tickets? lines, especially at some 7/11s and FamlyMarts are getting backedup

Speaking of Air Asia,

Has anyone else been sent an invitation (supposedly) from Air Asia, wanting you to Upgrade your Membership to its Loyalty programme called, "Big Shot?"

The reply address does not have "Air Asia" mentioned....just wondering if it is a scam?

Speaking of Air Asia,

Has anyone else been sent an invitation (supposedly) from Air Asia, wanting you to Upgrade your Membership to its Loyalty programme called, "Big Shot?"

The reply address does not have "Air Asia" mentioned....just wondering if it is a scam?

I am a member with A.Asia, and get near everyday promotions by E.mail. today was this upgrade, BIG is a separate body who give points for booking, to redeem on board etc. Havent read the whole thing yet but have to see what the UPGRADE means. Think this is OK if you are already a member with a password for e.mail promotions.

AND can I pay for them separate please cause they are for 4 different people, will visa be OK. Do you understand, and will you please put down your mobile when I speak to you. I am a tourist do you understand ??? why don't you know where Khon Khen is. DOH.

• Like 1

AND can I pay for them separate please cause they are for 4 different people, will visa be OK. Do you understand, and will you please put down your mobile when I speak to you. I am a tourist do you understand ??? why don't you know where Khon Khen is. DOH.

Yes, you pointed to the most important thing in the case.

They don't speak in English so this service for local people.

And how may I book, how may I browse the flight? Do they make a counter machine there or I have to use the 7Eleven's staff who get 300 B / day ?

Nice plan.

• Like 1

Make sure your Thai Partner knows what flight you want (check the flight number you want and write it down in advance) and send them to wait in the queue if there is one....

What's the point of living in Thailand if you can't enjoy such small pleasures?

And how may I book, how may I browse the flight? Do they make a counter machine there or I have to use the 7Eleven's staff who get 300 B / day ?

Nice plan.

The staff will choose your flight for you.

• Like 1

Nice plan.

This gonna be fun. A good 50% of the staff at the 7's here can't even ring up an electric or water bill without it being a complete clusterf##ck.

• Like 2

seriously? Whats the point when any computer or mobile device will let you book a ticket. I guess this is for the poor people who don't own a phone or are not addicted to mobiles? Overall this seems like a big waste of money integrating into the 7-11 system. Just install kiosks to buy tickets in some busy areas and your good to go.

• Like 1

seriously? Whats the point when any computer or mobile device will let you book a ticket. I guess this is for the poor people who don't own a phone or are not addicted to mobiles? Overall this seems like a big waste of money integrating into the 7-11 system. Just install kiosks to buy tickets in some busy areas and your good to go.

Also for people who do not have credit cards or technically challenged going through the online booking process.

I am amazed at the numbers on here knocking the service, besides the tongue in cheek ones, before they have even tried it.

• Like 2

oh my god....... the queues, the queues.

No shiite....most times the morons they hire get confused just ringing up a couple items and counting back the change three of four times. Imagine the delays with airline tickets....

Yeah, one can just imagine what that will be like. Better read your ticket carefully... no telling where you'll end up!

I don't like the fees:

5. Are there any additional charges if I pay via Counter Service?
Yes. A Counter Service of THB50 per guest will be collected. Additionally, payment fee at counters listed below will also be charged.
· Booking Amount from1-30,000 THB Additional Charge THB 30
· Booking Amount from 30,001-60,000 THB Additional Charge THB 60
· Booking Amount from 60,001-90,000 THB Additional Charge THB 90

Source: AskAirAsia - Counter Service Option -Thailand

So the minimum total fee would be 80 THB when paying at 7-11.

The fee to pay online with SCB internet banking is 40 THB. I'll stick with SCB internet banking.