Farangs in Uthai Thani Province?

Froggybanrai

I have been living in Thailand for over 10 years and moved to Amphur BANRAI with my thai wife a year ago. Very, very few foreigners are living here, however I have occasionally spotted some in LANSAK, maybe attracted by the recently opened LOTUS...Anyway, I should be interested in establishing contact with farangs living in the province.

Languages: french (native language), english and spanish

Hi Puyai

I believe we are not allowed to exchange email adresses nor tel numbers here so we should probably arrange to meet in person. We could meet for coffee, lunch, whatever. Any day would suit us. May be we could meet at the entrance of the Hospital, a place that can't be missed...or anywhere else easy to find if you have a better idea. If you think it appropriate we could ask this Uthai french citizen to join as well, up to you.

Hi Puyai

I believe we are not allowed to exchange email adresses nor tel numbers here so we should probably arrange to meet in person. We could meet for coffee, lunch, whatever. Any day would suit us. May be we could meet at the entrance of the Hospital, a place that can't be missed...or anywhere else easy to find if you have a better idea. If you think it appropriate we could ask this Uthai french citizen to join as well, up to you.

Use the PM system you can give email and phone numbers there. I use to be a part timer in Nong Chang, Monday morning thru Frday afternoon There were not a lot of Farngs around other than a couple of school teachers but there was one permanent resident in Lansak who has lived there for years. I taught his daughter math in M1 and she is now in Chiang Mai U but I lost his number. Maybe I can get it from his daughter as we still communicate..

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Lansak has a Lotus express and I have it on good aurthority "Poo Yai" himself, that a mini Big C is on the way.Approval to build has already been given.

The Tesco is well stocked and has a small fresh meat/seafood section, small bakery (cakes only) and fresh fruit and vegies. I was surprised to see Aussie wines also in store.

I have a house in Lansak but at this stage I am only a visitor. Just spent 6 weeks there and will return in June for the rocket festival.

I met an Hawian guy living there now. He's hard to spot as he could pass for a Thai.

I have 3 friends in Nong Chang, An Irish, English and American. Another friend lives down the road towards Ban Rai at Bang Grag or Ban Na and a German lives across the road from him.

They can often be found eating at "Maw"s kitchen" which is on the main road from Nong Chang to Ban Rai on the left about a kilometre before the turn off to Lansak.

If anyone is interested in the rocket festival I will post the dates here when I find out when it's on. It's at Tab salo Dam.

It will be in June but nobody knows the exact date until about 2 weeks before the event.

There is long boat racing on the dam, motorcross racing and my favorite, the rockets. It goes for 2 days.

Hi my wife has property a few kilometres out of Uthai Thani.... We visit a few times now and then so I am following anything arround the area.. We are in Australia at the present.....

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 1 month later...

I have been told the Rocket festival is on the 28th and 29th of June, I will be heading home on the 22nd so bad luck for me.

Its a good day out if you can make it.

Froggybanrai -- im native french who spend a great amount of time in sawang arom... Im in chiang mai for now but if i.find something to do there -- for sure ill come immediatly:)... Would be nice to meet french person there... Enjoy.your time

• 3 months later...

My first post! My wife is also from Uthai Thani, a few kms outside Mueang UtT. We were there last December and did a day trip the west part of the province - Good times were had at the Lansak mini Lotus. No short term plans to settle in Uthai Thani at this point, but its definitely going to happen one day. I'll get in touch if we're back in the area. Currently we're living in Calgary, Canada.

• 2 months later...

Hi Froggybanrai, I am a Frenchman, my name is Guy I am living in Lan sak now for over one year, with my thai wife, living in Thailand now 2 years (retired). Here in Lan sak I know few foreigners, nice people but not French. It should be nice to meet native French speaking, you are living not to far from Lan sak I have a car. My email is [email protected] send a message I do not know if I can give you my phone number, I am new on this forum. May be see you soon. Speaking French, English, thai

• 8 months later...

Hello, I used to live in Sawang Arom district. I was a Peace Corps Volunteer in 2005-2007. I taught at the Wat Don Wai Primary School and the Tungsangob School. This was before Facebook became popular and even then not many of my Thai friends had email.

I am trying to find some of my old teacher friends who live/work in Sawang Arom. Do any of you know someone who can help me? (Maybe at the district office or still working at one of those schools?) I was a tall young lady with long blond hair... As far as I know I was the only farang who ever worked or lived there long term so hopefully someone will remember me.

Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks!

Archived