40,000 Baht Income Denied at Major Hollywood

So I'm waiting to see if other members have encountered this new rule or did they fly by with the 40,000 income on the marriage extension, please report.

It is not a new rule. The police order has not been changed.

It may be a misunderstanding or some ill informed immigration officers.

You can be sure if anybody else had this experience we would have already had reports about it.

May be a misunderstanding on my part, but isn't this another report of exactly the same incident, yet at Changwattana.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/678339-marriage-visa-extension-denied-even-tough-i-met-all-requirements/

I will just repeat and say I will not even try to solve this. I was just posting it as a report. The other thing I will repeat is this in no way was somehow my fault, she just simply was not accepting 40k baht salary as a valid option. I do have bad luck here, so I would accept it was somehow my fault in the way I behaved (by way of not smiling enough, or god knows what), but my paperwork evidence for 40k baht per month was there.

That case was a little different because the member was using an income letter and it appears there was a question about it.

I could not give a good reason then as to why his was refused or why yours was other than an errant immigration officer.

As I said in that topic I would not just accept defeat and go for multiple entry visa and then have to make border runs every 90 days. There is a formal appeal process called out in the police order. If need be I would go through it if needed. Before doing it I would certainly of asked for a supervisor and moved up the chain of command at the office before leaving.

Also if I was close to the end of my current extension I would apply for a 60 day extension (to visit your wife) so I would have time to resolve the issue.

Thank you. I will think about going back.

If I may ask you one more question, assuming speaking with the supervisor does not work, what document would be best to have prepared to take with me? The document in Thai that lite beer attached?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm waiting to see if other members have encountered this new rule or did they fly by with the 40,000 income on the marriage extension, please report.

It is not a new rule. The police order has not been changed.

It may be a misunderstanding or some ill informed immigration officers.

You can be sure if anybody else had this experience we would have already had reports about it.

May be a misunderstanding on my part, but isn't this another report of exactly the same incident, yet at Changwattana.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/678339-marriage-visa-extension-denied-even-tough-i-met-all-requirements/

I will just repeat and say I will not even try to solve this. I was just posting it as a report. The other thing I will repeat is this in no way was somehow my fault, she just simply was not accepting 40k baht salary as a valid option. I do have bad luck here, so I would accept it was somehow my fault in the way I behaved (by way of not smiling enough, or god knows what), but my paperwork evidence for 40k baht per month was there.

That case was a little different because the member was using an income letter and it appears there was a question about it.

I could not give a good reason then as to why his was refused or why yours was other than an errant immigration officer.

As I said in that topic I would not just accept defeat and go for multiple entry visa and then have to make border runs every 90 days. There is a formal appeal process called out in the police order. If need be I would go through it if needed. Before doing it I would certainly of asked for a supervisor and moved up the chain of command at the office before leaving.

Also if I was close to the end of my current extension I would apply for a 60 day extension (to visit your wife) so I would have time to resolve the issue.

I will just say, the wording in his op sounds identical to what they were saying to me...

"he interrupted me and said if I didn't have the 400,000 in the bank account, he could not give me an extension."

Although unrelated to this but seemingly in the same vein I am about to apply for a renewal of my Retirement Visa based on the 65,000 baht a month criteria proved by a Statement signed by the Australian Embassy (and a letter from my pensions fund if necessary, but which I've never had to show in the 6 years I've been doing this).

I bring in money as I need it and do spend a lot on Australian bank credit cards but I never have anything near 800,000 baht in my Thai bank account. I will have the bank letter and bank book.

I know the procedure and documents backwards but I would be grateful for any updates as I will have only 2 days to get things sorted before leaving for an extended stay overseas (on a new passport! - oh yes, it's all happening!)

Has anyone had any problems renewing their visa in this way at the temporary Immigration posts in Bangkok?

Thanks.

I just did my extension a few weeks ago at Ladphrao office and no problems, just crowded and hectic. A bit different procedure as show all your documents at the desk where you get your queue ticket and one officer looked them over, another double-checked and collected the fee and stapled to application, which they then had me take to a waiting area where I turned it all in at a window and shortly after someone brought it out to me... It went very smoothly....

I worried about a new office, but everyone was very nice just very busy....

• 2 weeks later...

Just for your information.

There are no major changes at the Phuket immigration regarding financially requirements when doing a one year extension of stay based on marriage.

- 400K in Thai saving bank account in applicants name with updated bank book and letter from bank not older then 7 days. (preferable 1 day )

OR

- 40K income with Embassy/Consul certification letter not older then 180 days, supporting documents to prove the income for some embassies which do not check the income (USA, NL etc ) but this is not always required by the officers, Thai bank ATM card or bank book to show that you have a Thai bank account. ( the request for a Thai bank card/book is new and most of the time required )

OR

- Thai WP with all required papers.

Those mentioned options are general accepted without any problem.

Regardless what the police order says about financially requirements, Phuket immigration office is using the above mentioned.

You will receive a 30 day under consideration stamp and the final decision is done in Songkhla which is normally done within 20 days.

Edited by merijn

My 1 year extension based on marriage was approved on march 18. I brought in an affidavit letter from the us Embassy that states I make more than 40k thb per month with my application. I have done this for 3 years now at the jomtien immigration office and it's always been accepted. They send the application to Bangkok for final approval which as stated I received March 18. If the rules have indeed changed then I was not affected by it nor notified that next year would have different requirements.

Just my experience. ... yours could indeed be different.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Have there been reports here on Thaivisa, or in this thread, about folks actually getting the 40k approval AT Major hollywood?

???

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Have there been reports here on Thaivisa, or in this thread, about folks actually getting the 40k approval AT Major hollywood?

???

I was just asking if anybody has gotten an extension based on marriage using the 40k baht income method at Major Hollywood. They told me I could not do this, so if somebody has had success at that location, it would seem to put the question to rest.

Sorry I haven't read all the post But I have just been to Nakhon Sawan Visa office and asked for info on what's needed for extension of stay.

Received two papers one for visa with 800th in bank and the other marriage to Thai wife, what needed for same is a follows.

1 form TM7

2 copy of passport usual pages.

3 2/2 photo

4 1,900bt.

5 evidence of financial support.

5/1 updated pass book usual 2/3 months showing 400,000/

5/2 letter from bank confirming same.

5/3 letter from embassy or consulate showing not less than 40.000 per month in the last 30day's.

6 marriage paper.

7 ID card wife.

8 house registration wife.

9 same for child.

10 birth paper of child.

11 4 different photo of family house.

12 house map.

That's it in a nut shell of three week's ago.

Edited by fredob43

Sorry I haven't read all the post But I have just been to Nakhon Sawan Visa office and asked for info on what's needed for extension of stay.

Received two papers one for visa with 800th in bank and the other marriage to Thai wife, what needed for same is a follows.

1 form TM7

3 2/2 photo

4 1,900bt.

5/3 letter from embassy or consulate showing not less than 40.000 per month in the last 30day's.

6 marriage paper.

7 ID card wife.

9 same for child.

10 birth paper of child.

12 house map.

Correct, only remember that the marriage paper consist of two papers namely Kor Ror 3 and 2 (Family Status Registration) and the Kor Ror 2 can't be older then 1 year.

I believe this will be the case for all immigration offices.

We went to Ranong yesterday, and got the sarcastic laugh from the guy who took my papers. She who knows everything told him to call the boss. As pay back he found other things to do as we sat and waited. No doubt hoping for some incentive from us. We however were in no great hurry.

• Like 1

1 form TM7

3 2/2 photo

4 1,900bt.

6 marriage paper.

7 ID card wife.

9 same for child.

10 birth paper of child.

12 house map.

Correct, only remember that the marriage paper consist of two papers namely Kor Ror 3 and 2 (Family Status Registration) and the Kor Ror 2 can't be older then 1 year.

I believe this will be the case for all immigration offices.

I use my original kor ror 2 which is 9 years old at the jomtien immigration and there have never been any complaints. I want to think that I've only been showing the document for the past 2 years as before that it wasn't on the list of requirements. Just the kor ror 3.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

Well it was like that for me and another guy i was talking to at immigration. He had used the 40k per month option and they told him and showed him the same checklist they showed me.

Do you have a copy of that checklist that can be scanned and posted here?

I must have thrown mine away. Theres also a document in English you sign saying from now on you have to show 400k.

I can think of 2 in the last year that have reported this happening to them. One was a woman that had lived here for more than 8 years, the other was a man that sounded like he got in a huff and said he would come back when there was another person at the desk. That one also had to sign a paper that he would have to show money in the bank on any extensions in the future. So, it happens, but why to only a few? Maybe some profiling going on.

"I can think of 2 in the last year that have reported this happening to them. One was a woman that had lived here for more than 8 years,..."

I don't think that was the same thing. If she was extending based on being married to a Thai she doesn't have the same financial requirement.

Maybe someone here can give me an advice:

I started renewing my visa using documentation for income > 40K (Married to Thai):

Should I in the future have 1 bankbook where I receive my salary and only use this book

for receiving salary ?

After receiving the salary I will transfer the money to my Spence account.

Then it would be easy for immigration to see the salary transactions, when I in 1 year from now

will apply for PR or Thai Citizenship.

Or does this matter at all?

wai.gif

Edited by Muggi1968

I started renewing my visa using documentation for income > 40K (Married to Thai):

Should I in the future have 1 bankbook where I receive my salary and only use this book

for receiving salary ?

Then it would be easy for immigration to see the salary transactions, when I in 1 year from now

wai.gif

What is the source of your income? Are you legally working here with a work permit or are you proving foreign income by way of a letter from your embassy?

Showing money coming into a Thai bank account is the best backup proof for the letter from your embassy if immigration was to ask for it.

Unless you are working here with a work permit and paying taxes you will never qualify for PR or citizenship unless the law and/or the regulations are changed.

for receiving salary ?

wai.gif

What is the source of your income? Are you legally working here with a work permit or are you proving foreign income by way of a letter from your embassy?

Showing money coming into a Thai bank account is the best backup proof for the letter from your embassy if immigration was to ask for it.

Unless you are working here with a work permit and paying taxes you will never qualify for PR or citizenship unless the law and/or the regulations are changed.

Thanx for the Reply.

Yes I am legally working here. I have legal Work permit and all my income is (from working in Thailand) being Taxed and put in to my Bank account in Kasikorn bank.

According to my attorney I can apply for PR or Citizenship in 1 year from now so I am just preparing :-)

But I think If i later show a bankbook to immigration with a mix of salary transaction and many ATM retrievals, immigration might get a little confused :-)

for receiving salary ?

wai.gif

Thanx for the Reply.

Yes I am legally working here. I have legal Work permit and all my income is (from working in Thailand) being Taxed and put in to my Bank account in Kasikorn bank.

According to my attorney I can apply for PR or Citizenship in 1 year from now so I am just preparing :-)

But I think If i later show a bankbook to immigration with a mix of salary transaction and many ATM retrievals, immigration might get a little confused :-)

You should apply for citizenship. No need for PR.

Your tax payments are what you will use to prove your income for citizenship or PR.

They will not want to see a bank book.

for receiving salary ?

wai.gif

Thanx for the Reply.

You should apply for citizenship. No need for PR.

Your tax payments are what you will use to prove your income for citizenship or PR.

They will not want to see a bank book.

Thanx

I Appriciate it :-)

wai.gif

What did you have as proof of income? I suspect that was the problem more so than not being able to use the income method. A bit more info would be useful so we can make suggestions.

There has been no change to the rules it is still 400k baht in the bank or 40k baht income proven by a letter from your embassy or if working tax payments to prove income and your work permit.

are you sure it isnt 800,000 baht?

What did you have as proof of income? I suspect that was the problem more so than not being able to use the income method. A bit more info would be useful so we can make suggestions.

There has been no change to the rules it is still 400k baht in the bank or 40k baht income proven by a letter from your embassy or if working tax payments to prove income and your work permit.

are you sure it isnt 800,000 baht?

Only if a person is applying for an extension of stay based upon retirement.

The topic is about extensions of stay based upon marriage to a Thai.