Vietnam Airlines discontinues service to Bangkok

cronus

I just tried to book a flight from BKK to SGN (Saigon-Ho Chi Minh City), when I checked prices on Tuesday it was still possible to book it but today it says no flights available after 1. April. It is still possible to book these flights on travel websites as skyscanner etc. The same is true for flights from BKK to Hanoi, discontinued...

It looks as Vietnam Airlines will discontinue all its flights from Vietnam to Bangkok from 1. April onwards. Anyone can confirm?

Draft...like Viet Airlines is going to discontinue service to one of the two main business and tourism hubs in SE Asia and the capitol city of one of its principle neighbors.

Since when was Bangkok "one of the two main business hubs" in SE Asia? It isn't even in the top 5.

The top 5 are, in descending order of importance: Singapore, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur. Bangkok comes in 7th. For tourism, I think it's no. 1. Yes, whether you like it or not, HK/Guangzhou/Shenzhen ARE in southeast Asia. And no, they didn't axe that flight. You just aren't smart enough to be able to find it, because you're in Pattaya. OMG.

• Like 2

Draft...like Viet Airlines is going to discontinue service to one of the two main business and tourism hubs in SE Asia and the capitol city of one of its principle neighbors.

Since when was Bangkok "one of the two main business hubs" in SE Asia? It isn't even in the top 5.

The top 5 are, in descending order of importance: Singapore, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur. Bangkok comes in 7th. For tourism, I think it's no. 1. Yes, whether you like it or not, HK/Guangzhou/Shenzhen ARE in southeast Asia. And no, they didn't axe that flight. You just aren't smart enough to be able to find it, because you're in Pattaya. OMG.

I think it also depends on the industry or business you're in. I think some industries and businesses have different hubs in different areas in SEA.

If Krung Thep is not one of the centres or top centres that's okay with me... it's a good place to start!

And I know from the list provided where I would rather be...

Edited by brimacthai

While some airlines have reduced/terminated services to Bangkok or will be doing so very shortly (e.g. Lufthansa will stop flying to Ho Chi Minh City from Bangkok after March 24th), Vietnam Airlines is not one of them. Despite some Vietnamese being nervous about the recent political situation in Thailand, Bangkok is probably Vietnam Airlines' most important international destination and I believe it was also their first all the way back when they started flying here for the first time. With 3 flights daily from Saigon and 2 flights daily from Hanoi suggests that Bangkok is a very important destination for Vietnam Airlines indeed.