If you can't face the consequences, just don't do it: Thai politics

webfact

Taking responsibility for one's actions is not a Thai strong point. For anyone. Perhaps they could teach it at school, along with all the other things they appear to have not learned such as morality, integrity, etc.

Maybe it's something they can teach in the UDD red shirt schools.

• Like 1

Taking responsibility for one's actions is not a Thai strong point. For anyone. Perhaps they could teach it at school, along with all the other things they appear to have not learned such as morality, integrity, etc.

They need to teach it in ALL schools no matter which color they might be affiliated with. The lack of a sense of right and wrong and responsibility is missing across the board.

Don't u know who my daddy is?

• Like 2

They need to teach it in ALL schools no matter which color they might be affiliated with. The lack of a sense of right and wrong and responsibility is missing across the board.

Amnesia must be an inherent genetic trait in Thai hi-so's.

Edited by whybother

Ha, ha, exactly. But I've heard the same things from relatively "lo-so" Thai kids too.

Another anti-Yingluck piece.

No problem...It is what the Opposition is designed to do.

This steady drumbeat by the media of anti-Govt. stuff day-after-day however, is abnormal.

Observing meetings around here in this UDD/RS area, I was struck by the lack of media attention...Preferring to heap report after report about activities by those with intentions to eradicate Electoral and Parliamentary Democracy while ignoring the Pro-Democracy majority. Even to the point yesterday of aggrandizing a speech by a coup-monger from a coup-monger stage in Lumpini, as some sort of serious intellectual exercise.

But do not be fooled by that media fostering of anti-democracy activities......From what I see, the UDD/RS are expecting a coup, judicial or otherwise, and are preparing as if it is a fait accompli.

Willful ignoring of this by the media will have the same affect as when everyone was super surprised when the anti-coup protesters hit Bangkok in 2010, wondering where that suddenly materialized from.

There will be nothing sudden or unplanned when the Amart makes their final move via their Independent Organizations....No amount of trying to normalize the abnormal judiciary as in this piece, and attributing Yingluck as the one out of step, is obscured.

One thing that has historical reality on its' side, is that the electoral majority is not influenced by this pro-Amart media smoke. In elections past, this same phenomena ocurred, and the electorate impressed the H... out of me, by voting independently minded, seemingly unaffected by the daily barrage of pro-Amart stuff they were exposed to.

Edited by Fryslan boppe
  • Like 1

This steady drumbeat by the media of anti-Govt. stuff day-after-day however, is abnormal.

Observing meetings around here in this UDD/RS area, I was struck by the lack of media attention...Preferring to heap report after report about activities by those with intentions to eradicate Electoral and Parliamentary Democracy while ignoring the Pro-Democracy majority. Even to the point yesterday of aggrandizing a speech by a coup-monger from a coup-monger stage in Lumpini, as some sort of serious intellectual exercise.

But do not be fooled by that media fostering of anti-democracy activities......From what I see, the UDD/RS are expecting a coup, judicial or otherwise, and are preparing as if it is a fait accompli.

Willful ignoring of this by the media will have the same affect as when everyone was super surprised when the anti-coup protesters hit Bangkok in 2010, wondering where that suddenly materialized from.

There will be nothing sudden or unplanned when the Amart makes their final move via their Independent Organizations....No amount of trying to normalize the abnormal judiciary as in this piece, and attributing Yingluck as the one out of step, is obscured.

One thing that has historical reality on its' side, is that the electoral majority is not influenced by this pro-Amart media smoke. In elections past, this same phenomena ocurred, and the electorate impressed the H... out of me, by voting independently minded, seemingly unaffected by the daily barrage of pro-Amart stuff they were exposed to.

I think it is time to leave ThaiVisa News section.

It never makes you happy, and almost all opinion here is in support of the anti-government camp.

So you can't win the arguments here, which is why you need to resort to distortion of facts etc....

Never going to be a happy outcome.. Can I suggest the fishing threads.

is there really a fisting thread

• Like 1

Thailand needs new moderate mainstream parties run by hitherto unknown leaders with hardcore corruption-busting and progressive reform agendas. They need to stand away from both existing gangs, and appeal to the moderate mainstream who want to see a new direction and an end to time-wasting factionalism. Both of the current main parties are unambiguously failed, as is the process of arguing about which of them is less repugnant.

this is true... but the reason for this stalemate is clear:

one party has strong affiliations to Thaksinism and the other to the Ammart

I have often argued that a party for the 'middle way' (not Thaksin, not Elite) would do very well IF they could break through

however, the current 'troubles' has more to do with 'paradigm shift' than with Thaksin and it has happened in many countries where there has been a 'ruling class' and it can't be stopped here. People will simply not accept that a few families control everything - feudalism has had it's day

This is a very pertinent viewpoint of Yingluck, and by extension PT and Thaksin. She's not the brightest star in the sky but it posit that 'we're well meaning so never mind the details and cut us some slack will you'. This has always been Thaksin's approach, he mis-assigned it to the concept of social contract. It ignores the fact that being in govt comes with responsibility and certain rules to guard against corruption, abuse, theft and so on. Leaving the decisions solely to the electorate is too simplistic and open to chance, there needs to be a framework of rules. The 2trillion could easily have been borrowed properly through channels of transparency, she chose to ignore that for whatever reason, and it failed her.

Add understanding the theory of probabilities to that list. It's rare to notice a Thai actually considering what the most probable consequence of an action might be. Mostly there seems to be no consideration at all.

You just can't avoid seeing the repeating trend by the courts to interfere with politics since the '06 coup. Everytime the sponsored anti democractic force runs out of ideas, the courts will step in with their selective judgement and initiate a judiciary putsch.

Did that with Samad over a cooking show when the PAD could not dislodged him in '08. The government survived and court step in again in '09 and dissolved the PPP.

Just how many knocks can democracy take when even the courts betray our trust.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Respect. The right for others to have other opinions.

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

So, you truely believe that Yingluck, the government/PTP, the Red Shirts, the UDD and Thaksin et al, should NOT take responsibility for their actions?

Wow, you have been here too long and have truely gone native.

• Like 2

Tell it to Chalerm's kid and that Red Bull brat....both of who should be sat in Bang Kwang (at best), yet more navel gazing from The Nation as they slowly wake up to the truth about the cracks in society here...

Yes real good, because a few got away don't punish anyone.. lets just forget about the law.

Sure those other 2 should be brought before justice too.. but that does not mean you need to let others go.

You just can't avoid seeing the repeating trend by the courts to interfere with politics since the '06 coup. Everytime the sponsored anti democractic force runs out of ideas, the courts will step in with their selective judgement and initiate a judiciary putsch.

Did that with Samad over a cooking show when the PAD could not dislodged him in '08. The government survived and court step in again in '09 and dissolved the PPP.

Just how many knocks can democracy take when even the courts betray our trust.

cheesy.gif

Ill tell it again maybe some more red supporters will understand it then. Probably not as they are all red sighted.

The best defence against the courts is not to break the law.

- Not using others cards to vote on bills / or do votes at strange hours when you send others home

- Not chairing a rice program that is full of corruption

- Not going for programs that lack the checks and balances and go off books (again the rice program)

Best one of all.. not against the courts but what got us all in this mess at the first time "Dont try to get amnesty for a convicted criminal" all this would not have happend if that was not done.

• Like 2

It never makes you happy, and almost all opinion here is in support of the anti-government camp.

So you can't win the arguments here, which is why you need to resort to distortion of facts etc....

is there really a fisting thread

Ha! Giggling lips. ;)

The important thing is never to take Thai politics too seriously. Thai politicians certainly don't because most have other agendas.

As for most of the support on here being anti government you shouldn't be complaining but asking yourself why. Why is it that the majority of the people on here who largely come from mature, free thinking democracies and whose parents and grandparents fought in two world wars to preserve that freedom would take the side they do.

I like to think I'm fair minded... most of the time at least. For example I'd like the wealth of the nation to be shared around a lot more than it is now but if there's only one parking space left I'd kind of like to have it. smile.png

• Like 1

The truth is usually anti to those who break the law.

See you managed to get in all the buzz words, cant you see that only make you look a fool ?

For the umpteenth time Thaksin is the only one who can possibly benefit from a coup, surely you don't need that explained to you again.

"...Thaksin is the only one who can possibly benefit from a coup..."

White is black and black is white........Really!