quite spot on beach to stay

opalred

i live in north thailand been looking for years for place to stay swtm and fishing when its to hot here part of year i have driven around thailand over the years to find all good spots taken by bars beach umberalas and condos and mafia outcasts top cha-am not yo bad cheers

I'm not saying, as it's taken me 20+ years here to find a beach which is truly quiet....just to quantify that, I mean with no scooters ripping up and down or gangs of jabbering weekenders down from Bangkok and their <deleted> buses blasting Carabao from dawn till Dusk, no packs of howling dogs, no endless stream of people trying to sell me dog on a stick or massages......

Cha-am isn't what I'd call quiet, especially at weekends....

• Like 1

I'm not saying, as it's taken me 20+ years here to find a beach which is truly quiet....just to quantify that, I mean with no scooters ripping up and down or gangs of jabbering weekenders down from Bangkok and their <deleted> buses blasting Carabao from dawn till Dusk, no packs of howling dogs, no endless stream of people trying to sell me dog on a stick or massages......

PM me please HD.

Kho Samet? Is that a joke?? You may as well have said Phuket because at least it's big enough to have some relatively quiet beaches.

I guess you could try Kho Phyam, the other Kho Chang, Kho Jum...

My other suggestion would be Lonely Planet as their members visit places that aren't Samet, Phuket, Chang and Samui.

I must admit I haven't been to Samet for years but I think during the week it's still pretty laid back/quiet. Angsta, maybe you have been there more recently and things have changed. Give us a report.

Samet is the closest island to Bangkok and is therefore quite the opposite of what the OP requires. I guess you need to go to a few other places in order to compare Samet quiet to quiet. Many, many options.

All resorts along the coast on the stretch from Trat to Hat Lek are very quiet. Koh Kood is still a gem, most of the time. As is the east coast of Koh Chang. Koh Mak has several resorts with VIP bungalows directly on the beach - very relaxing. Good fishing there, too.

• Like 1

There is a small island resort on Koh Wai, not far from Ko Chang no cars, buses or bikes just sea and sand and nice comfortable cabins can get there by speed boat ferry from the mainland, this is going to be my regular chill out place

i thank everyone for there input and replys decided to go to chumphon then to ranong area i found a website can help everyone to see check it out google mapcarta showes photos of every town in thailand from satlite cheers allan