Dentist seeks good dentist for mutually satisfying treatment experience!

Tapster

My name is David and I am a dentist! But I'm trying to kick the habit and so I'm not practising in Thailand.

biggrin.png (very happy about that last statement!)

I need a good dentist. Can anyone recommend someone, please? I'm looking on Phuket only.

My criteria for such a dentist are (equal weight given to both):

• Explains everything; shows you your x-rays; good chairside manner
  • Painless

I have already diagnosed the problem and need an approachable person with no superior ego, to confirm my diagnosis and carry out the treatment.

(I very much don't want to sound superior here, myself. The problem is a common one and it's not rocket science to diagnose it. Any dentist who doesn't get it right isn't the one for me anyway)

Many thanks in advance to any contributors.

wai.gif

Good luck in your quest....

You well know how many of you dentists insist on making conversation to your victim..patient, you know, when your mouth is full of tools of the trade, and you can barely swallow, let alone talk???

I hope you get that type of dentist....karma!! clap2.gif

Well, I don't mind it being the weirdest post of the year (...so far)

but, andreandre, it's not me with the problem. I'm trying to help my wife! Thanks for your unhelpful input (that's sarcasm, by the way. Your humour doesn't even get out of the cliched and old hat!)

annoyed.gif.pagespeed.ce.EWbqpZ7s0b.gif

• Like 1

Hi David

You will not be undertaking dentistry in Thailand until you have taken all Thai professional examinations (In Thai) and secured a practice license !

Whilst you are swotting for the above try the Phuket Bangkok hospital Dental Dept !

http://www.phukethospital.com/Health-Centre/Dental-Center.php

Edit

Add link

Edited by thepool

'thepool'?

Mmmmm.....is that the pool with the Liver birds in it?

If it is, we have something in common. I used to be a dentist in Anfield!

Thanks for the suggestion. These guys will be well qualified for sure and able to do anything we need. I am still looking for a personal recommendation of someone who has a great chairside manner and is painless but I'm sure the Bangkok Hospital people will be clinically OK. I might well give them a try.

Cheers.

smile.png

BTW, I'm not returning to dentistry. I rather like living without the stress. As the old cliche goes....nobody lay on their deathbed wishing they'd spent more time at work!

Besides, I think my brain has atrophied too much to do exams in Thai!

burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif

Well, I don't mind it being the weirdest post of the year (...so far)

but, andreandre, it's not me with the problem. I'm trying to help my wife! Thanks for your unhelpful input (that's sarcasm, by the way. Your humour doesn't even get out of the cliched and old hat!)

annoyed.gif.pagespeed.ce.EWbqpZ7s0b.gif

Wowee..chill out dude!!!

This forum lately has been full of doom and gloom..sorry if my attempt to enlighten things a little didn't light your fire...bah.gif

@andreandre

I am very chilled, thanks, mate.

However, I am allowed to find your drivel unhelpful when my wife is in pain. Next time you have acute pulpitis I hope you meet a dentist like me who has no cliches in his mind about moaning patients.

That's all from me.

@andreandre

However, I am allowed to find your drivel unhelpful when my wife is in pain. Next time you have acute pulpitis I hope you meet a dentist like me who has no cliches in his mind about moaning patients.

That's all from me.

Your quote..;(I very much don't want to sound superior here, myself.

Well you failed here as well...you certainly come across as thinking you're very superior..and

If your wife is in such pain, surely , surely an immediate visit to one of the many very capable dentists available by a quick google search would have had her well sorted by now,,coffee1.gif way weird...

Edited by LivinginKata
flame removed

@andreandre

That's all from me.

If my wife had acute pulpitis I wouldn't know whether to shoot her or root her.

@andreandre

That's all from me.

If my wife had acute pulpitis I wouldn't know whether to shoot her or root her.

Play it safe...do both.