Replacement read shocks for Wave 125

Hi All

I had some really good advice about rim/tyre and shocks upgrades on a stock 125i Wave a few weeks ago.

I'm trying to find out where to go to get the upgrades done when I return to Pattaya in a few months. I've had some really good leads from a board member about the rims and tyres and I just have a few queries about the shocks.

I've been told that YSS RE302-330T-19 are recommended for this bike. When I do a google search for the shocks the only pricing info I come up with is a European site that sells them for 301 euros! (link). That's almost half of what I paid for the bike.

Does anyone know where the Pattaya stockists of this or an equivalent shock are located and approximate pricing info?

Cheers

Mike

Sorry, can't answer your question directly, but when you get to Patts, eyeball the motocy taxi guys.

Most use the 125 Wave and many run YSS Struts.

For a few baht they will lead you to the shop where they bought, methinks.

Sometimes a computer search over-complifies rather than simplicates.

Edited by papa al

Mike,

Here is a link to the YSS company in Bangkok. It is where I got mine for my Wave 125i. Sorry, I don't remember the price but it wasn't too bad and I love the ride. They are not great with email so a call is your best bet.

David

http://www.yss.co.th/index.php

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 2 months later...

Just a quick update. Put my wave into my local bike shop for new wide rims, tyres, spokes, tubes and shocks.

Price was 5K baht per wheel and 3,700 for the shocks.

Will post the photos when it's done if anyone is interested.

Sent from my IQ 5.6 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck with yours. Be aware that the seat height is raised a bit. Also, do your due diligence - I didn't and the shop had mine in for an unbelievable 12 days. They first rendered the bike unusable and then they just waited, waited and then waited some more for the parts. Luckily, I borrowed a scooter from a friend but 12 days? good grief! [emoji15]

nice!

i am thinking on changing the wheels and tires - Michelins - and motard my wave a bit too!

but i want to go for forged wheels

I hear that changing the oil in the Wave every few thousand k is a popular 'mod' too.

changed it recently. bike is flying!