Where to buy a rickshaw in Thailand?

brit1984

Take the photo to a bike shop in the countryside and have one custom built..

custom built might be very heavy....or maybe the Original is also very heavy....

Does the OP want to ride it or sit in the back? smile.png

• Like 1

custom made sounds like a good idea in theory, but given my experience with thai builders, i'm not sure i would trust thai engineers to use their initiative to get it right, and i lack the engineering know how to check what they are building will actually start / stop / turn corners / stay together

Take the photo to a bike shop in the countryside and have one custom built..

custom built might be very heavy....or maybe the Original is also very heavy....

Does the OP want to ride it or sit in the back? smile.png

my plan is to ride it with my 2 kids (both toddlers) in the back

maybe in a few years, i will sit in the back and one of them can ride

and maybe not

• Like 1

Just head out to the many country towns where pedi-cabs are still used (not yet taken over by motorised sam lor's) and ask the drivers, I'm sure there are local makers in each region if not each town.

Just head out to the many country towns where pedi-cabs are still used (not yet taken over by motorised sam lor's) and ask the drivers, I'm sure there are local makers in each region if not each town.

are you serious?... these towns sound great... like center parcs... do you know the name of any of these towns?...

Best place to buy rickshaw will be from Bangladesh. A friend of mine bought one for his restaurant decor at Frankfurt. They come both in traditional and powered by motor too. Of you need further info can pm me

Phitsananulok.

They are still used daily around the town centre.

Old style.

Will try and get a picture when in town later this week,if interested.

ok cool...i used google and found these in Phitsanulok... something like this would be perfect...

post-122035-0-17620200-1395633521_thumb.

Best place to buy rickshaw will be from Bangladesh. A friend of mine bought one for his restaurant decor at Frankfurt. They come both in traditional and powered by motor too. Of you need further info can pm me

thanks for the suggestion, i might need that info later but first i will try to find in thailand to avoid shipping costs as i am very poor

are you serious?... these towns sound great... like center parcs... do you know the name of any of these towns?...

More common than not. Just take a train trip, you'll see them waiting at the stations.

• Like 1

Phitsananulok.

They are still used daily around the town centre.

Old style.

Will try and get a picture when in town later this week,if interested.

ok cool...i used google and found these in Phitsanulok... something like this would be perfect...They are what I am talking about,will try and get you a price.

Where they come from,etc.

attachicon.gifSamlors_in_Phitsanulok_01.JPG

Sorry Brit 1984.

My return message seemed to get joined with yours.

I will be in town in the next couple of days,to obtain further info.

thanks a lot, don't go out your way and no rush... i have to save up some 25 satang coins first

• Like 1

If you already have a bike, you might want to look for a simple trailer, like this one for two children.

51ATOT2tTwL._SY300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trailer-Jogger-Seater-Children-Bicycle/dp/B007VP0PWK/

yes those are great... they are really popular in london but in +2 years in bangkok i have only seen one so i'm guessing they have to be imported

looks like a death trap here in Thailand

If you already have a bike, you might want to look for a simple trailer, like this one for two children.

sw

51ATOT2tTwL._SY300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trailer-Jogger-Seater-Children-Bicycle/dp/B007VP0PWK/

yes those are great... they are really popular in london but in +2 years in bangkok i have only seen one so i'm guessing they have to be imported
looks like a death trap here in Thailand
Doubting Thomas.

Scared of your shadow in Thailand?

i wonder if the price is high because that is a vintage collectors item or if my wild guess how much these things cost was really wild

It will be quite a challenge for YOU to get it at the same price as the indigenous drivers do.

When you get quoted a new price, take 20% of that and start offering that - on hand cash on the barrel - around to the drivers themselves to purchase theirs right out from under them.

If you get no takers after a dozen tries, up it to maybe 30%.

• Like 1