Insulating a house before installing air con

onlycw

Could you recommend

1. external paint & primer etc., ideally with cool roof characteristics (to reflect more heat)?

2. something to seal the cracks and gaps in a house with? Silicon? For better insulation.

3. an insulation concept and a pro to apply it? Like spraying foam under the roof...

Care to share your results - like drop in temperature inside? Was the cost- yield ratio okay?

4. Where to get energy efficient double or tripple pane windows with a low k-value?

Thanks!

tell us more.. is it a wooden house?

if yes. maybe redo the internal walls with Gyproc with reflective side.

Yep, need more info.. is this a new house build or are you looking to retrofit? What's the house and roof constructed of?

Yep, need more info.. is this a new house build or are you looking to retrofit? What's the house and roof constructed of?

It's a new house. The exterior walls are old wood which we got from some old wooden farm houses, i.e. reclaimed wood. The interior walls are Gyproc Thermaline. This Gyproc does not have reflective side.

The roof is C-pac tiles with a radiant barrier under the tiles.

It's a new house. The exterior walls are old wood which we got from some old wooden farm houses, i.e. reclaimed wood. The interior walls are Gyproc Thermaline. This Gyproc does not have reflective side.

The question was aimed more at the OP, but in your case it seems like you've got it mostly covered.. The only thing I'd suggest is perhaps fitting foil paper radiant barrier between the wall studs and the wood cladding - but that will only work if the wood is going to be overlapped, creating an air gap to the foil (any gap will do - it's physical coupling that needs to be avoided).

You could try this --- Gyproc Thermaline -- standard gypsum board with super hard foam insulation backing. Made by Saint Gobain.

Check out the attached brochure. Also included in my other post. Contact their main office in BKK. The contact info is at the very bottom of the brochure.

Thanks.

Any idea about price ?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The question was aimed more at the OP, but in your case it seems like you've got it mostly covered.. The only thing I'd suggest is perhaps fitting foil paper radiant barrier between the wall studs and the wood cladding - but that will only work if the wood is going to be overlapped, creating an air gap to the foil (any gap will do - it's physical coupling that needs to be avoided).

Ooops. Yeah, you're right; question not for me.

Anyway, too late to fit the radiant barrier between the exterior and interior walls -- both sides already put up.

Thanks.

You could try this --- Gyproc Thermaline -- standard gypsum board with super hard foam insulation backing. Made by Saint Gobain.

Check out the attached brochure. Also included in my other post. Contact their main office in BKK. The contact info is at the very bottom of the brochure.

Thanks.

Any idea about price ?

Not terribly expensive. Sorry, I don't have the exact information in front of me right now as I type this, but approximately it was 900 baht per sheet, and one sheet can make 3 sq meters of wall.

Thanks.

Any idea about price ?

it looks good stuff.. i found a seller here.... http://www.pantipmarket.com/items/11261779

• Like 1

Thanks.

Any idea about price ?

it looks good stuff.. i found a seller here.... http://www.pantipmarket.com/items/11261779

That's it! I got the 44 mm thick version. Very little difference in price with the thinner one.

Factor. Are you living in the finished house? What's it like heat wise! I have to build a small bungalow or 2 storey in the next few years .. just in planning stage now. Main criteria is keeping the ground weight down . So this might be ideal.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I had a few companies come and give me estimates for a 3 x patio doors. all with Low E and triple pane with argon gas (i think) in between and a thin film on the outside so people cant see into my house... I live in BKK so the house are kinda close to each other and for security purposes.

The best vendor was Windosor ( a division of SCG group ) they have a very high quality build but for 3 sliding doors

Door 1: 3.6m wide opening and 2.60 high

Door 2 and 3 3.2m wide opening and 2.60 Meters high

Total cost was freaken 380,000... with 5mm glass vacuum sealed PVC sliding doors... in white. I wanted in wood grain.. I almost had a heart attack... so I just decided not to go that way. flew back to USA for 40K and bought custom Anderson Doors with Low E double pane, better track and multilocking system, Gased, tinted on the exterior

total cost delivery door to door to my house in BKK 190,000 THB all customs paid.. (building materials 7% vat and 10% duty)

priceless.... better quality and workmanship

The vendors all said that they have never done triple pane and only double pane and have not done gased pressured windows/doors so that made me be a guinea pig at a cost of 380K.. hell no...

there are some other vendors. send me a PM and i will send u info..

• Like 1

I had a few companies come and give me estimates for a 3 x patio doors. all with Low E and triple pane with argon gas (i think) in between and a thin film on the outside so people cant see into my house... I live in BKK so the house are kinda close to each other and for security purposes.

The best vendor was Windosor ( a division of SCG group ) they have a very high quality build but for 3 sliding doors

Total cost was freaken 380,000... with 5mm glass vacuum sealed PVC sliding doors... in white. I wanted in wood grain.. I almost had a heart attack... so I just decided not to go that way. flew back to USA for 40K and bought custom Anderson Doors with Low E double pane, better track and multilocking system, Gased, tinted on the exterior

total cost delivery door to door to my house in BKK 190,000 THB all customs paid.. (building materials 7% vat and 10% duty)

The vendors all said that they have never done triple pane and only double pane and have not done gased pressured windows/doors so that made me be a guinea pig at a cost of 380K.. hell no...

Wowsers... did you ever look into using solartag glass instead?

• 2 weeks later...

What method did you use to ship??