5 injured in North Pattaya Road Crash

webfact

5 injured in North Pattaya Road Crash

crash-61.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Sunday Morning 4 passengers and the driver of a White Mitsubishi Triton pick-up truck were seriously injured in a road crash in the North Pattaya section of the Sukhumvit Road. A 4 year old boy was amongst those injured and rushed to Hospital.

Rescue Services and Police rushed to the scene just after 11.30am on Sunday and were able to assist 4 injured passengers of the pick-up and take them to Hospital within minutes of their arrival. The driver, Khun Sumaree aged 28 was trapped for a time inside the cab and had to be freed with the assistance of the “Jaws of Life”.

Police determined that the vehicle came to rest in a ditch on the side of the road as the driver took evasive action to avoid a collision with a motorbike which was entering the carriageway from the left side.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/122572/5-injured-in-north-pattaya-road-crash/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-03-24

Jet imagine because if that bloody stupid motorbike so many people are in pain and suffering. So many stupid bikers on the street driving like mad and senseless person. There are hardly any action against them. Such accidents will continue unless tougher punishments are imposed and implemented on rough and senseless bike driving

• Like 2

Would it be reasonable to assume the vehicle drive has no concept of driving at a speed that they are capable of stopping safely and which depends on the conditions of the road? Obviously not.

Bad driving, both vehicles and motorcycles, needs to be stamped on and hard.

How about motorcycles Bht 5,000 for no helmet or licence plate and motorcycle impounde for up to 1 month. If fine not paid by then the motorcycle gets sold.

Bht 10,000 for running a red light or riding without lights after dark impound as above motorcycle and dispose of if fine not paid. Should a death occur due to the driving of a motorcycle then obviously a heavy penalty should be imposed.

The standard of most, not all I have seen some very good riders, is appalling. If they have no regard for others it also appears they have no regard for their own lives.

For motor vehicles double the above fines as a minimum and have a statutory prison sentence

Until the fines imposed hurt the offender, namely in the pocket, nothing is going to improve

Edited by gandalf12
  • Like 1

They drive with no lights so that ghosts won't chase them. I am not making this up.

Helmet and license fine increases are good, but that would not have mattered in this case. I have friend whose wife was killed in similar "just pull out, don't look what's coming" fashion. She on motorbike, car pulling out. They got tough with that driver: 5,000 baht fine. Enforce moving violations harshly, with jail sentences. But then again, police would have to work to do that......

They drive with no lights so that ghosts won't chase them. I am not making this up. Helmet and license fine increases are good, but that would not have mattered in this case. I have friend whose wife was killed in similar "just pull out, don't look what's coming" fashion. She on motorbike, car pulling out. They got tough with that driver: 5,000 baht fine. Enforce moving violations harshly, with jail sentences. But then again, police would have to work to do that......

I believe it about Ghosts, Geez. , high fines would impact family, children no eat... Studies done in Southern California proved it just impacts family, cannot feed families, especially traffic cameras and right turn on reds, most people don't stop fully.

They drive with no lights so that ghosts won't chase them. I am not making this up. Helmet and license fine increases are good, but that would not have mattered in this case. I have friend whose wife was killed in similar "just pull out, don't look what's coming" fashion. She on motorbike, car pulling out. They got tough with that driver: 5,000 baht fine. Enforce moving violations harshly, with jail sentences. But then again, police would have to work to do that......

I believe it about Ghosts, Geez. , high fines would impact family, children no eat... Studies done in Southern California proved it just impacts family, cannot feed families, especially traffic cameras and right turn on reds, most people don't stop fully.

They also paint their headlights red.

Then drive down the wrong side of the road.

Amazing that they've made it to the current level of evolution really.

if you have ever seen the driving test thais take..no wonder so man accidents...its pathetic

also kids on motorbikes going to school..no sence in there brain at all..never ride motorbikes..

the country just does not care about road safety..

truck and people in the back says it all

• Like 1

It is pointless, useless and a complete waste of breathe to offer any advice regarding traffic behaviour to Thais. It is also pointless comparing Thai road behaviour with that which happens in your country. The rules that apply there are understood, obeyed, and enforced - and drivers know it! TIT!

• Like 1

try the zebra crossing from soi 4 the first part is ok (sometimes) but the second part, NO WAY and it is taxis everytime, although lights are red, they still drive through, making pedestrians with right of way having to jump out of their way, someone will be killed here soon,

ill bet that the bike that pulled out in front of them didnt even notice that they caused the crash! i see 2 or 3 a week just pull right out in front of me without ever looking to see if anythings coming. my g/f says its because a car should see them and move over to avoid them...............such *blind* faith......