Loei: Cheap places to stay?

bottledwater

Hello knowledgeable people of Loei!

I will be in Loei for a few days in early April. I am looking for a cheap hotel, the cheaper the better (more money for other things) does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm also interested in any info about places to see or hang out in. I like Thai food, Thai people (especially the female Thai people . . . . can I say that?) and I like beer, I can speak "standard" Thai O.K. (not Issan dialect) so I enjoy hanging out in a Thai place as much as a farang place. I'll be putting around on my motorcycle so location is not a big deal. I have read older posts that talk about Chris's Steak, and a bar called Ice bar which I will check out if they are still open.

If anyone has any suggestions or just wants to meet for a cold one, let me know. I've never been to Issan before and and Loei is my first stop so I'm looking forward to it!

Thanks in advance,

Bottled

Thank you. Yes Citizen33, I did see that thread . . . . . but it talks about the "best options in town" and I am looking for "the cheaper the better" I'll pay it if I have to but I'd rather spend it on other things, I'm not picky about where I crash. But thanks again!

Hi, I live in a village just outside Loei next to a beautiful lake you should visit when you get here. There are plenty good & not expensive hotels city centre ( around 400/night) also lots of apartments available within easy walk of centre (around 300/night) If you want to PM me I'll give you my mobile number. I'm happy to show you around if you want. It's a really cool place when you get to know it. Joe.