Best Way to find a Nanny/Cleaner in Phuket

davidjg

I'm moving to Phuket in 6 weeks with my non-Thai wife and 3 kids. What would be the best way to go about looking for a full time nanny/cleaner? I see that some people take out classified ads on here and other websites, but i'm guessing this would not be the best way. I'm sure that as with anywhere 'word of mouth' is the best option, but since we do not know many people in Phuket yet, that may be difficult. 'The Nanny Agency' seems to be an option but i'm sure we would be paying a nice, healthy commission for their services.

My preference would be a basic English speaking Thai live in or out.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Gentlemen,

We're after a decent nanny live-out too. Her primary role will be to help my wife with а 1.5 y.o. toddler, to provide lots of indoor/outdoor activities (games, books, crafts, beachside, poolside, park etc), quality English input (I and my wife both speak fluent English, but would like to pass our mother-tongues to our son, hence talk Russian/Thai to him) and help with basic stuff like cooking, tidying up etc.

We already have cleaners taking care of our house, so nanny won't have to spend time on this chore.

Our son is well scheduled, i.e. goes to bed early, wakes up late, has a long nap in between, so living in is not necessary.

Edited by andreww