Relocate to Khanom

anupam

We recently moved to Khanom and looked at a lot of houses - there are many, though the majority are part furnished - it is best to drive around and ask people, there are a numerous signs posted up around the town and many of the owners can point you in the direction of other houses - we looked at around 10 places in total. For fully furnished you might want to check out http://khanomresidence.com/ - this was the nicest house we looked at, and 100% furnished to a very, very high standard but in our case we preferred unfurnished. Not sure how many bedrooms you are looking for but we only found two 3 bedroom places, one of which we rented - most places are 1 or 2 bedroom.

I'm afraid I do not know about the standard of Khanom Hospital, but I can tell you that when we've asked people they have tended to recommend a hospital in Sichon, and Surat Thani, so this may indicate that the more local one isn't as good. Certainly when we called Khanom Hospital for our son's vaccinations they did not offer the service at all.

For transportation for a family I would recommend a car or 4x4, you certainly need some form of motorised transport to get around - places are very spread out in Khanom, motorbike taxis are isolated to the centre of the town far away from the beach areas and I've never seen a songtaew or a local taxicab - you'll need a vehicle.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd
  • Like 1

They have a basic government hospital the beaches you can see samui from them

There were a load of housing projects on the beach a while ago

Land prices have shot up there in the last few years

The best hospitals are probably Thaksin in Surat

It is a much slower pace of life than samui but it is building up

In other words your super malls are either in Nakorn si Thammorat city or surat

Plus side is that the airport is much closer and visits to Bangkok shall be much cheaper for you with nok air air Asia and thai airways

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Edited by BigC

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your nice words RWDRWDRWD ;0)

<self promotion removed>

There is many more houses in Khanom area different prices and different sizes, even some Condo apartments are available for shorter and long term rentals, depends what u are looking for.

We love to help you find a new home from Khanom.

All new faces are more than welcome to this small and lovely town.

Khanom hospital is not so great, but Surat Thani Thaksin hospital is really good place.

Transportation in here is little bit tricky so u need at least motorbike to go around because of distance from place A to place B can be easily more than 10km.

Few motorbike taxi but no SONGTAO or TUK TUK or even normal TAXI.

Peoples in here are sooo friendly and helpful, easy to make good new friends here.

Lots of Teachers and thai families from Surat and Nakhon come here for weekends.

feel free to ask more information about Khanom area

Edited by LivinginKata