Seeking Weber Q Gas BBQ

• 1 month later...

There's at least one branch of True Value in Bangkok (at Promenade, Khannayao). Worth checking out. They have imported American grills, but I don't know which brands. They certainly stock Weber in their US outlets.

• 1 month later...

I have seen Webers for sale here in Thailand, but I don't use gas, and they were quite expensive here. Instead, I bought a New Braunfels smoker in the US (used, because Charbroil bought out the company and now makes a cheaper knock-off of the style), took it apart, and brought it here in my luggage. The smoke chamber alone was 63 pounds, and with the travel bag, into which it barely fit, and that with a lot of pushing and shoving, it was a cool 70.5 pounds, 1/2 a pound over the limit. I put all the other parts in other suitcases.

b_224846.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen Webers for sale here in Thailand, but I don't use gas, and they were quite expensive here. Instead, I bought a New Braunfels smoker in the US (used, because Charbroil bought out the company and now makes a cheaper knock-off of the style), took it apart, and brought it here in my luggage. The smoke chamber alone was 63 pounds, and with the travel bag, into which it barely fit, and that with a lot of pushing and shoving, it was a cool 70.5 pounds, 1/2 a pound over the limit. I put all the other parts in other suitcases.

b_224846.jpg

Wow what a mission. I bet it was worth it though! I am considering doing something similar next I go back home. Just can't bring myself to pay double what I know it's worth. Did you have any problems at customs at the airport?

• 5 months later...

I was a bit worried the conections would not fit after reading other posts from people that bought them over from the US ,I just bought a baby Q over from OZ 2 days ago ,it says on the box for sale in Oz and NZ only and it fits onto the thai gas bottle no probs at all .I have already cooked ribs on it and it way better than the ol coal jobs ,next for a pizza.

I was a bit worried the conections would not fit after reading other posts from people that bought them over from the US ,I just bought a baby Q over from OZ 2 days ago ,it says on the box for sale in Oz and NZ only and it fits onto the thai gas bottle no probs at all .I have already cooked ribs on it and it way better than the ol coal jobs ,next for a pizza.

The OZ models will fit the Thai bottles but the American ones will not, they have to have a new regulator installed because the part that goes into the bottle will not fit. I think it has to do with the fact that Australia shares the metric system with Thailand where the US is strictly SAE instead of metric

I bought the 3 Burner Spectrum "Outback" from the The Barbecue Store

http://www.bbqthai.com/3_spectrum.html

The OZ models will fit the Thai bottles but the American ones will not, they have to have a new regulator installed because the part that goes into the bottle will not fit. I think it has to do with the fact that Australia shares the metric system with Thailand where the US is strictly SAE instead of metric

I bought the 3 Burner Spectrum "Outback" from the The Barbecue Store

http://www.bbqthai.com/3_spectrum.html

Yes i bought a weber Q200 in Australia last year and took it back to Thailand. It fits the Thai bottles.

• 1 year later...