TripAdvisor ranks 8 Thai beaches among Asia’s top 25

webfact

TripAdvisor has zero credibility. Anyone can log in using any of a 100 or more pseudonyms and proceed to promote or discredit and service or facility that they choose.

If all the staff at TAT logged in using various false identities, they could readily promote all of Thailand's beaches into the top places...!!

It would be better if they did straw polls in all of these countries, the results would be hugely different.

Anyone cannot do that. A hotel manager in VN told me that his people in VN are not allowed to make reports on VN hotels.

IME TA reports re hotels i've been to have been spot on. It is much the same for various other subjects re travel destinations i've read there.

Overall TA is a very useful site. Though like any online forum it helps to have the discernment to be able to separate the chaff from the wheat.

'If all the staff at TAT logged in using various false identities, they could readily promote all of Thailand's beaches into the top places...!!'

yea, but that assumes a certain level of 'smartness'...

When it comes to lying and cheating, I think you'll find many Thai are pretty smart ...

• Like 1

The Gold Coast in Queensland Australia has 21 miles of pristine beach that is cleaned early every morning no vendors or deck chair touts allowed and fines for littering even a cigarette butt and they don't get in the top ten what a bullshit survey

Best Beaches in the World 2014: TripAdvisor Announces Top Destinations

Here is the complete list of the top ten beaches for 2014:

1. Baia do Sancho, Fernando de Noronha, Brazil

2. Grace Bay, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos

3. Flamenco Beach, Culebra, Puerto Rico

4. Rabbit Beach, Lampedusa, Italy

5. Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Island, Australia

6. Playa de ses Illetes, Formentera, Spain

7. Anse Lazio, Praslin Island, Seychelles

8. Lanikai Beach, Kailua, Oahu, Hawaii

9. Rhossili Bay, Swansea, Wales

10. Playa Norte, Isla Mujeres, Mexico

http://www.latinospost.com/articles/35198/20140326/best-beaches-in-the-world-2014-tripadvisor-announces-top-destinations-for-spring-break-summer.htm

Does tripadvisor actually go to these places or Tourism Authorities just send in photos. I have never seen a Thai beach look so pure and pristine as those on the website. Absolutely no dog, rubbish or the cluttering of deck chairs.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Beaches-cTop-g2

The Gold Coast in Queensland Australia has 21 miles of pristine beach that is cleaned early every morning no vendors or deck chair touts allowed and fines for littering even a cigarette butt and they don't get in the top ten what a bullshit survey

Best Beaches in the World 2014: TripAdvisor Announces Top Destinations

Here is the complete list of the top ten beaches for 2014:

1. Baia do Sancho, Fernando de Noronha, Brazil

2. Grace Bay, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos

3. Flamenco Beach, Culebra, Puerto Rico

4. Rabbit Beach, Lampedusa, Italy

5. Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Island, Australia

6. Playa de ses Illetes, Formentera, Spain

7. Anse Lazio, Praslin Island, Seychelles

8. Lanikai Beach, Kailua, Oahu, Hawaii

9. Rhossili Bay, Swansea, Wales

10. Playa Norte, Isla Mujeres, Mexico

http://www.latinospost.com/articles/35198/20140326/best-beaches-in-the-world-2014-tripadvisor-announces-top-destinations-for-spring-break-summer.htm

Does tripadvisor actually go to these places or Tourism Authorities just send in photos. I have never seen a Thai beach look so pure and pristine as those on the website. Absolutely no dog, rubbish or the cluttering of deck chairs.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Beaches-cTop-g2

lets not forget the 1'000s of kms of untouched pristine W.A coastline. Crystal clear waters and pure white sands and a dog or person to be seen.