Breakdown Assistance in Thailand

I was just wondering after having a flat tyre the other night, what happens in Thailand if I have a breakdown at any time of day or night?

Is there any sort of national network or organisation like RAC or AA as there is back home, as I often find myself travelling large distances day and night, or is this a stupid question ?

So, what I am asking is what is there out there ?????

Thanks for any helpful suggestions guys.

Edited by daiwill60

AXA insurance have a roadside assistance option......how much assistance they offer I'm not sure.

remember the cost of labor is very cheap in Thailand and if you see any kind of mechanic near where you are stuck, they will probably get you on your way for a reasonable price.....including repairing a tire - many have the kits to repair without removing the tire which at least will get you home.

Hi, I have AXA insurance, class 3, they include 24 hour emergency assistance for vehicles up to 15 years old, they have proved to be helpful in the past, taking my 2 ton Jeep to a garage, also giving me advise where to get my windshield replaced in the far north at Songcran.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

^Apparently based on the supportive posts above they aren't having problems "effectively interfacing with the public" just you... Probably don't have THAT many farangs to warrant the cost of an English translated website. Ever heard of Google translate??

Edited by WarpSpeed
  • Like 2

^Apparently based on the supportive posts above they aren't having problems "effectively interfacing with the public" just you... Probably don't have THAT many farangs to warrant the cost of an English translated website. Ever heard of Google translate??

I thought the business world was learning English to be the worldwide means of communication.

• Like 1

I thought the business world was learning English to be the worldwide means of communication.

If you click on the 'English' icon on CWC's website, guess what happens? Yes, you get English.

I am not sure I can say "It's a p1ss weak web site on TV"....so I will just say it is seriously lacking in quality for a company who operates in a country where the second language is English. But they are not alone! There are hundreds of web sites in Thailand similar. In some cases the Thai version of the same website is terrible too!

Very daft post, so all the well established companies today who are 40 years old and older some older than dirt and well established decades and pre-date not the net but computers as well have never been heard of?? Just how old are you anyways?? giggle.gifcoffee1.gif

I never use that argument myself as I can't read or write it, mostly write but only a few times. However I seldom ever put it off on them in their country..It's my shortcoming and I just work around it like I did when I simply used Google translate and suggested you do so as well or spoke directly to them and found their customer service people spoke very good English and were helpful without making blind judgments about the companies professionalism over them not having a personal website constructed just for my benefit..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Very daft post, so all the well established companies today who are 40 years old and older some older than dirt and well established decades and pre-date not the net but computers as well have never been heard of?? Just how old are you anyways?? giggle.gifcoffee1.gif

I never use that argument myself as I can't read or write it, mostly write but only a few times. However I seldom ever put it off on them in their country..It's my shortcoming and I just work around it like I did when I simply used Google translate and suggested you do so as well or spoke directly to them and found their customer service people spoke very good English and were helpful without making blind judgments about the companies professionalism over them not having a personal website constructed just for my benefit..

If you walk into a mechanics workshop and it has oil and parts strewn around the floor do you think you would be likely to find a good mechanic there. You may but many people would decide that if their attention to detail is so poor it is better to go elsewhere. A website is now a company's shopfront and I can assure you even the Thai version of the website does not give confidence.

I am glad to hear though that their performance is actually ok though.

• Like 1

Who was talking about the SHOP? The topic is a website translated to English, completely different topics and besides the debate on his part is out of ignorance of the company as he has never used them and there is at least 2 people here who've already backed up the companies professionalism from personal experience so his point is really moot as is yours frankly. Their website is quite professional, It's just not entirely translated in English.

There is also another thread running here currently that makes trash out of your example as it extols the virtues of a garage that basically looks more like a wrecking yard then a work shop and the OP speaks very highly of it.. Would I use them? No way, but I wouldn't use ANY shop in Thailand without being absolutely desperate and I would still watch every single thing they did.

Edited by WarpSpeed

If you walk into a mechanics workshop and it has oil and parts strewn around the floor do you think you would be likely to find a good mechanic there. You may but many people would decide that if their attention to detail is so poor it is better to go elsewhere. A website is now a company's shopfront and I can assure you even the Thai version of the website does not give confidence.

I am glad to hear though that their performance is actually ok though.

"A website is now a company's shopfront..."

A website may be some companies' shopfront but not every one's I can assure you.

Edited by MMarlow
  • Like 1

I came back to this thread hoping to find some more information about the topic.

What I find is a wining farang complaining about website quality, English as a business language.

Does your butcher speak Chinese?

• Like 2

I came back to this thread hoping to find some more information about the topic.

What I find is a wining farang complaining about website quality, English as a business language.

Does your butcher speak Chinese?

No idea.....blink.png

But I hope a break down service does....thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Have you ever tried Google translate? thanks for the more than helpful advice.

Yes, many times and while not perfect an educated and savvy person can work it out fairly easily..

Could you please show us how as an educated and savvy person you can use it by using google translate on the contact us page so that we can have the address?

Yes, many times and while not perfect an educated and savvy person can work it out fairly easily..

Could you please show us how as an educated and savvy person you can use it by using google translate on the contact us page so that we can have the address?

If you really wanted their address why not just call them and ask them?

• Like 1

If you really wanted their address why not just call them and ask them?

Do they speak English ?..............whistling.gif ...............laugh.png

the moaners might be onto something.

CWC just pimped up their website

http://www.cwc.co.th/home.html

Will you use them now those who thing style over substance is important?

At least this time an address is available on the thai page and by using google translate. Previously it was not as anything related was in the form of an image. I note our educated and savvy person has not called back.