Teaching, Other Income, And Living In Tailand

Greetings,

I am an un-credentialized public school teacher in California with a BA in Fine Arts (Sculpture). My wife is an after-school educator and bartender. We both have extensive experiences in non-profit counseling and public school education, specifically working with at-risk youth. I also have some M.A. education in massage, acupuncture, and extensive interests in holistic health practices, as well a California Real Estate license. My wife and I have been researching different means of income overseas.

We are SERIOUSLY considering moving to Thailand. We have friends that have traveled back and forth to and from the States, and are now moving to Thailand permanently. We have a 2-year-old son. And really have a great desire to live and work in another environment that seems to be conducive to our personalities.

We are requesting any information anyone can contribute to a African American family wanting to teach English or do some other profitable work with children, while learning Tai, living and traveling to other parts of the world.

Give thanks,

Krishna

OK, I think alot of people might tell you not to do this, but you are going to what you are going to do. Does your wife have a college degree? If you both have degrees, you could both enroll in TEFL, and probably get English teaching work. And a 2 year old baby? How could you afford international education for him? Sounds like he would be raised Thai, but not Thai. I would have to say I am among the people who would discourage you. You might consider looking around for an easier country to do this in.