property investment

mike111

I don't own any property in Thailand. ..not at the moment anyway.

But I have been doing some research on the market and if you take any notice of what the International investment analyst are saying then the Thailand property market and in particular the Condo market is over valued and not a good place to invest.

Don't take my word for it do some research on what the independent international analysts and big investment companies are saying, the information is readily available on the Internet so just do some searching and research yourself.

But others may have a quite different view or different experience to share on this forum

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I recommand you to try Thai stock market (SET) it's not bad, you could make 10 ~ 25 % of net profile a year (combined) profits from stock value and dividents, and possibly to make even more, but depends on your trading skill, filed of investment etc..

try it out.. just search, and read,

You need to have a Thai work permit , Thai bank account, and a local address where to get the monthly reports, dividend cheques, and other trading reports whenever you buy or sell.

It's worthy, with you the best of luck,

I recommand you to try Thai stock market (SET) it's not bad, you could make 10 ~ 25 % of net profile a year (combined) profits from stock value and dividents, and possibly to make even more, but depends on your trading skill, filed of investment etc..

You need to have a Thai work permit , Thai bank account, and a local address where to get the monthly reports, dividend cheques, and other trading reports whenever you buy or sell.

absolute dribble.

There is no requirement for a work permit to trade the set.

• Like 1

To open an account with a local broker , u have to be residing in Thailand, this is the procedure I used to go through.. Few years back,

The residence visa I'm not sure if it could be non-O marriage visa? Or edu or any, need to check it out,

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

This just one example that was posted last November.

Its very Important to take note of what independent international analysts are saying as listening to anyone in Thailand who is involved in the property market is largely a waste of time and you will never get a truly independent assessment from someone who has a vested interest in the market. ....they will always try to talk it up and have a positive outlook.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jessecolombo/2013/11/04/thailands-bubble-economy-is-heading-for-a-1997-style-crash/2/

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Bazw57

You do not need a work permit to trade the SET, a friend of mine does it and he has no WP

In respect to purchasing a condominium as an investment, please note the following, all of which have multiple TV theads over the years,;

1. Resale values of condos are quite poor.

2. Construction quality of most of the affordable condos is not impressive.

3. A quality condo that will retain value and that will nto fall apart in a short time, or surprise you with hefty assessments is most likely going to be in excess of 10million baht. Now ask yourself, will you make more of a return renting it out, less the property management fees, upkeep and other costs, then if you simply invested the 10million?

4. Thailand is long overdue for a market correction.

I will never purchase property in Thailand. I do not have a family or a spouse in need of a home. If I did, it would be a different story.

• Like 1