Security forces safeguarding PM Yingluck's home

webfact

Security forces safeguarding PM’s home

BANGKOK, 29 March 2014 (NNT) – Prime Minister and Defense Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is expected to stay home today to monitor mass protests by the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) as security forces reportedly surround her house.

Security officers have been stationed around the PM's house in Soi Yothin Pattana, while checkpoints have also been set up in the area to ensure safety and order.

According to the report, the house will be guarded twenty-four/seven. Miss Yingluck will closely monitor mass demonstrations being held in Bangkok, while remaining inside her home.

It is expected that she will suspend all her duties today to take the opportunity to rest her damaged left ankle.

Miss Yingluck has been seen in a wheelchair over the past few days. She fell to the ground as she stepped out of a vehicle two weeks ago, resulting in a torn ankle ligament. It is expected to take about 1-2 months for her to fully recover.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-03-29 footer_n.gif

Lets not forget the security forces not only have protect the PM but all the other high profile participants in this little tit for tat episode in Thailand's history, I can't for the life of me understand why the PM would want to lead by example with a buggered foot when she has a very competent Ministers to cover for her.

• Like 1

Working from home will certainly put her on top of the situation.

Looks like her bad ankle has replaced ' other important matters to attend to ' as an excuse for not being present. Wonder how long she can play on that one.

• Like 2

Prime Minister and Defense Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is expected to stay home today to monitor mass protests by the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC)

I bet looking at the huge amount of protesters joining this rally, tears are rolling over her face, and it ain't crocodile tears this time.

Tears of laughter ? ;)

• Like 1

What about the wheelchair?

Breaking news.An ocean liner called Titanic has hit an iceberg in the north Atlantic.As yet there are no details about casualties.In other news it has been reported that the PM of Siam has had a fall and is recouperating at home.( Hey, Jimmy Olsen,what is her name,we gotta get this on the wire this is hot news ).

Lets not forget the security forces not only have protect the PM but all the other high profile participants in this little tit for tat episode in Thailand's history, I can't for the life of me understand why the PM would want to lead by example with a buggered foot when she has a very competent Ministers to cover for her.

No malice intended,but I do find your word "Buggered " amusing.It's probably my weird sense of humour.Anyway I liked your post.

I hope the security forces do a better job of guarding her house than they did at last PM house. His house had blood poured on the gate and things thrown over the wall. The police were no where to be seen. I wonder why. coffee1.gif

easy... they were all away washing their hands ;) literally :D

Serious question though, is there an obligation for the Security Forces to provide protection for former Premiers?

Sympathy wheelchair, sympathy 'fall' ...

Probably means she won't be able to make the NACC office on Monday - I mean, how could she, being incapacitated and all ... whistling.gif

Tell you what, I'LL push you and your bloody wheelchair there for you, OK?

PS - odd how the article mentions the exact soi she lives in ...

I am surprised she has not checked into hospital. Maybe tomorrow. Her foot hurts lots and lots.

• Like 1

Does this mean she is under house arrest???whistling.gif

Not under house arrest at all, she is on Skype with the Dubai Duke, probably has been connected all day.

It's pretty obvious they don't want her running off to Dubai, did they take her passport away yet?

• Like 1

If all else fails, call in "Big Brother"

I hope the security forces do a better job of guarding her house than they did at last PM house. His house had blood poured on the gate and things thrown over the wall. The police were no where to be seen. I wonder why. coffee1.gif

Was he there then? I thought he was hiding out in the army barracks for the duration.

• Like 1

Comparing YL as the base line, her the ministers appear very competent. But lets not go overboard with the competency.

• Like 1

Was he there then? I thought he was hiding out in the army barracks for the duration.

Wouldn't you make yourself scarce in the same position with thugs masquerading as up-standing citizens red-shirts out to cause trouble.

• Like 1

fab 4 post # 25

A tactic imitated and followed Yingluck the janitorial caretaker Prime Minister as so often reported by her presence at R.T.A.F. compound of late.

Perchance had you been watching and following the news media here in Thailand you would have been fully informed as to your heroine's whereabouts.

That really must be a dreadful attack of Red Eye ( Conjunctivitis) along with a bout of selective Amnesia that you're suffering from fab 4

If you feed the troll, siampolee, he will follow you home and you will never get rid of him. whistling.gif

And if I was Abhisit and had the Thai Rouge baying for my blood, I would be hiding out somewhere better than the army barracks, say Dubai perhaps..................