British Brothel Fugitive Held In Thailand

george

I was wondering if there are rules and regulations regarding Hookers in Thailand? Do they have to be screened for diseases. etc. I mean if they are part of a brothel. How about stealing from their Johns. Can they be arrested or anything for that, or just too bad for the John?

I was asking because I heard a story about a handicapped man who hired a hooker and she stole all his money. Just walked out. Nothing the man could do about it. Is there any recourse he can take?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was wondering if there are rules and regulations regarding Hookers in Thailand? Do they have to be screened for diseases. etc. I mean if they are part of a brothel. How about stealing from their Johns. Can they be arrested or anything for that, or just too bad for the John?

I was asking because I heard a story about a handicapped man who hired a hooker and she stole all his money. Just walked out. Nothing the man could do about it. Is there any recourse he can take?

:D:o:D

Pinned: Hello From Mr. Roomfinder Dot Com

sassy11 Posted on: 2006-03-28 10:45:54

Hello, My husband is looking for a clean,comfortable and reasonable cooking room or apt in chaing Rai.

He needs it by May first for at least 6 months. He is handicapped, so no stairs please.

Sorry for the coincidence...

Thymode.

you don't have to laugh. This is a serious matter. Can't a handicapped man have a little fun without being ripped off. :D:D:D:o

Hello, My husband is looking for a clean,comfortable and reasonable cooking room or apt in chaing Rai.

He needs it by May first for at least 6 months. He is handicapped, so no stairs please.

Well, so much for privacy. Yes, it was my husband. I', more mad about him losing 27,000 than hiring a hooker. Good detective work. : :o:D:D

Well, so much for privacy. Yes, it was my husband. I', more mad about him losing 27,000 than hiring a hooker. Good detective work. :o

Thank you.

:D

I admire your liberal attitude to allow your husband his dalliances... and I guess the only positive way to look at the situation is that the woman was really, really good at it and that it was somehow worth the out-of-the-ordinary fees.

Thank you.

I admire your liberal attitude to allow your husband his dalliances... and I guess the only positive way to look at the situation is that the woman was really, really good at it and that it was somehow worth the out-of-the-ordinary fees.

:o

hubby should stick to this in future ... :D

Well, so much for privacy. Yes, it was my husband. I', more mad about him losing 27,000 than hiring a hooker. Good detective work. :o

Thank you.

What the heck, if my hubby wants to live out the rest of his life in paradise with a pretty girl, who am I to care. I had him for over 40 years. Only problem is, he never got anything. She went out for condoms and took his money with him. Stupid!!!Man

Thank you.

What the heck, if my hubby wants to live out the rest of his life in paradise with a pretty girl, who am I to care. I had him for over 40 years. Only problem is, he never got anything. She went out for condoms and took his money with him. Stupid!!!Man

Hmmm... well then, I guess the only way to keep things on a positive note is that she was really, really, REALLY good for the brief time that he had the pleasure of just her company and that the EXTRAORDINARILY-out-of-normal fees were somehow justified.

At least it's legal in Australia, but apparantly not near a cemetery :o

City cordons off brothels from cemeteries

Sydney (dpa) - New zoning laws in an Australian city require brothels to be kept well away from cemeteries.

"There's a place for brothels and a place for cemeteries, and we don't believe the two mix," Ipswich Mayor Paul Pisasale told national broadcaster ABC.

"The last thing you want is someone conducting a spiritual service and a cemetery reflection time for family, and a brothel going on next door."

bkk post today

Prostitution!!! Dear lord what'll they think of next...

Sounds evil, thank God there are people out there looking out for us. What, if a man can just simply pay to have sex with someone willing to do so for the cash, it seems that could undermine much of the power the common women have taken so long to establish over them.

Instead of going through the usual channels like dinners, movies, gifts and putting up with all sorts of BS some would rather skip, and then of course the always possible threat of needing to make some sort of "COMMITMENT" :D just to get a lil' honey, an adult male can just put down some of his hard earned cash for an encounter with an adult female and get in and out - no strings attached - both parties get what they want and all the drama and false pretenses are left at the door.

Oh yea I forgot one little thing though...THEY'LL BURN IN hel_l FOR ETERNITY FOR IT!!! Sex is dirty and without laws protecting us from only Satan stands to gain... If you don't believe me just ask the Pope, he'll tell ya! :D:D:o

"Following internal disputes, Angela Miller dropped out"

throw a few bucks into the center and watch them fight it out

Its amazing to watch - the start of a business, the growth of a business, the downfall of a business

It never ceases to amaze me that people dont apply the same princibles of business to all types of business.

Its the here and the now and stuff tomorrow!

Now Angela gets a free holiday -

Well, so much for privacy. Yes, it was my husband. I', more mad about him losing 27,000 than hiring a hooker. Good detective work. :D

Thank you.

Hmmm... well then, I guess the only way to keep things on a positive note is that she was really, really, REALLY good for the brief time that he had the pleasure of just her company and that the EXTRAORDINARILY-out-of-normal fees were somehow justified.

As she was leaving `she called back` Don't `come`after me. :D:o

The horror. Just imagine, a Thai woman involved in prostitution in another country? It boggles the mind, the things these women do after they are given a visa.

I hope that all her assistants are given free flights back to Somtamland.

On the other hand, perhaps if there were more brothels in England there would be less violence and vandalism? :o

Perhaps you don't realize how offensive such chauvinistic statements are to women, and Thai women. Most Thai women, and Thai women with VISAS living in other countries are not involved with prostitution. There are tens of thousands of Thai women living in Los Angeles alone who have nothing to do with prostitution.

Prostitution and exploitation of women, crimes in most places, do NOT reduce occurrences of violent crime or vandalism. Disrespect for women in general encourages violent crime against women, and the working girls themselves are frequent targets of violence. Nobody is ever surprised when another prostitute turns up dead. Some people think that if prostitutes are not readily available to men that men will resort to committing rape. The opposite is true. When some men see women as prostitutes they expect women to give themselves up to them as a matter of course, and when they don't get what they want turn violent.

Where do you live, South Central LA? Sounds pretty rough... :D nevertheless, it's somewhat missing the point as the horrific crimes you mention are not related to prostitution. The original poster just stated what is easy to see for anyone with two eyes, that there are many fishy "massage parlors" in places where prostitution is forbidden. I am in San Francisco, and these are everywhere, and many do claim to be "Thai", for what it's worth.

I kindly disagree that prostitution is exploitation - there are many prostitutes in this world who do it for the money, not because they are being exploited. That's a fact. I am not a huge fan of that - for reasons that probably exceed the scope of conversation here - but I am very much in favor for letting them do what they do in a legal and safe environment. Same for their customers, better they can get the service they want legally and safely.

The alternative is pushing the business in the underground, enabling said exploitation and all sorts of other nasty consequences. It becomes yet another source of income for organized crime.

In Austria - where I come from - we have campaigns for prostitutes to get registered, checked for STDs and general health, they get health and unemployment benefits, and we crack down on illegal operations twice as hard.

The OP stated that an increase in prostitution in the UK would likely decrease incidences of violence and vandalism. He was not saying that legalizing prostitution in the UK would decrease the violence related to illegal prostitution. He also typecast Thai women with VISAS as likely to be involved with prostitution overseas.

There’s no use trying to deny that prostitution has historically been an institution which exploits women. In many cases, as you know, girls and women are abducted into prostitution, and in those instances it is worse than exploitation, it is slavery. In cases where girls are compelled to willingly become prostitutes because of dire poverty and lack of education, they are exploited. If you don't think that is exploitation, can you give any example of what you DO think exploitation is.

I know not all women and girls and even boys are forced into prostitution, and some have other opportunities. For those, legalizing prostitution and providing protection is better than having it run by criminals, but that is a separate issue.

Please don't tell me that where you believe I live must be rough.

Edited by gingaa

I don't think it will matter much whether they know you haven't left the country or not.

Even if they know you didn't leave on time, they still can't kick you out before they actually find you. And that's quite hard. The thai hookers will still get kicked out when they get nicked without a visa by police during random searched of the hooker flats. And once kicked out, they won't get a new visa to england... before they buy a new passport from someone in the village back home who physically look like them. (until england introduce biometric coding on the passports)

How will biometric passports effect anyone that holds a foreign passport? Biometric passports are about controlling the British citizens not the illegal imigrants and terrorists who do not hold 'British' biometric passports. The government just ######ed you over and you still have not worked it out. They say it will help with 'Terrorism' and the plebs are stupid enough to accept that. The Terrorists do not care if you know who they are because they blow up with the bomb and therefore do not worry about having true ID papers. If they are illegal immigrants or foriegn terrorists then they do not even need a biometric passport as they are not UK citizens, if they are UK citizens then they do not need a passport to blow up places in the UK.

All biometrics is, is an expensive way of controlling the plebs, along with the cameras in the street etc. Next you will need to be branded.

The OP stated that an increase in prostitution in the UK would likely decrease incidences of violence and vandalism. He was not saying that legalizing prostitution in the UK would decrease the violence related to illegal prostitution. He also typecast Thai women with VISAS as likely to be involved with prostitution overseas.

And do you really believe that Thai women overseas are not statistically to be more willing to be involved than the indigionious western population ?? Please get a grip.

I lived in Holland with my Thai wife.. We plugged into the Thai community at first to attempt to make her settle and feel like there were people around she could get on with.. After a couple of meetings she didnt want to keep going.. Why ?? All the Thai girls there were totally focused on money and how much thier BF's gave them.. Most of them were turning tricks (some with and some without thier husbands knowledge) and encouraging her to do the same. She got on great with the dutch girls and GF's of my mates.

Of course its not every one but dont blame others for having preconceptions when its the Thai women overseas that reinforce and create those stereotypes.. Of course generalizations are not helpful but sometimes you do have to look at the facts.

And do you really believe that Thai women overseas are not statistically to be more willing to be involved than the indigionious western population ?? Please get a grip.

I lived in Holland with my Thai wife.. We plugged into the Thai community at first to attempt to make her settle and feel like there were people around she could get on with.. After a couple of meetings she didnt want to keep going.. Why ?? All the Thai girls there were totally focused on money and how much thier BF's gave them.. Most of them were turning tricks (some with and some without thier husbands knowledge) and encouraging her to do the same. She got on great with the dutch girls and GF's of my mates.

Of course its not every one but don’t blame others for having preconceptions when its the Thai women overseas that reinforce and create those stereotypes.. Of course generalizations are not helpful but sometimes you do have to look at the facts.

I don't mean to offend, but, you probably don’t realize how ugly and potentially dangerous your above sentiments and conclusions are. No, Thai women do NOT “create” and “reinforce” the “stereotype” overseas that they are all prostitutes or involved in prostitution. Please don’t blame Thai women for other people’s shortsighted and cruel projections upon them.

All the women you and your wife met in Holland appear to have been sexworkers, and Thai women as a class cannot be blamed if your fellow countrymen cherry pick prostitutes to bring back home with them. You can’t really blame Thai women as a whole if the uneducated Thai prostitutes Westerners bring home with them don’t miraculously transform themselves into business professionals.

I hope you are not suggesting that average Thai women who have never been involved in prostitution are somehow, if all things are equal, more likely to do so than other women.

If you are merely saying that prostitutes with VISAS are more inclined to be involved in prostitution overseas than are non-prostitutes, than I agree. But most the Thai women overseas are not prostitutes brought back by their johns. Many are educated middle class Thais looking for better opportunities and a higher standard of living.

I know at least a half dozen Thai women living or planning to live in the West and none have anything to do with prostitutes.

The perception of Thai women as prostitutes is usually harbored by men who primarily have only sought the company of Thai prostitutes, or who treat Thai women as if they are prostitutes whatever their occupation. Be careful not to support this sort of harmful discrimination.

Thai women tend to be at a disadvantage in patriarchal Thai society, as well as in trying to work their way up as foreigners overseas. The Thai women I know already have to deal with being joked about or percieved as prostitute material. I can clearly remember a Thai women friend of mine becoming upset that I left her alone with a guy who had been to Thailand and was trying to talk to her in the few Thai phrases he knew. He was treating her like the girls in the bars in Pattaya. An actual close friend of mine refered to someone's Thai girlfriend in the West as his "Thai hooker". The girl in question was anything but that.

Edited by gingaa

And do you really believe that Thai women overseas are not statistically to be more willing to be involved than the indigenous western population ?? Please get a grip.

I lived in Holland with my Thai wife.. We plugged into the Thai community at first to attempt to make her settle and feel like there were people around she could get on with.. After a couple of meetings she didn't want to keep going.. Why ?? All the Thai girls there were totally focused on money and how much their BF's gave them.. Most of them were turning tricks (some with and some without their husbands knowledge) and encouraging her to do the same. She got on great with the dutch girls and GF's of my mates.

Of course its not every one but don’t blame others for having preconceptions when its the Thai women overseas that reinforce and create those stereotypes.. Of course generalizations are not helpful but sometimes you do have to look at the facts.

I don't mean to offend, but, you probably don’t realize how ugly and potentially dangerous your above sentiments and conclusions are. No, Thai women do NOT “create” and “reinforce” the “stereotype” overseas that they are all prostitutes or involved in prostitution. Please don’t blame Thai women for other people’s shortsighted and cruel projections upon them.

All the women you and your wife met in Holland appear to have been sex-workers, and Thai women as a class cannot be blamed if your fellow countrymen cherry pick prostitutes to bring back home with them. You can’t really blame Thai women as a whole if the uneducated Thai prostitutes Westerners bring home with them don’t miraculously transform themselves into business professionals.

I hope you are not suggesting that average Thai women who have never been involved in prostitution are somehow, if all things are equal, more likely to do so than other women.

If you are merely saying that prostitutes with VISAS are more inclined to be involved in prostitution overseas than are non-prostitutes, than I agree. But most the Thai women overseas are not prostitutes brought back by their johns. Many are educated middle class Thais looking for better opportunities and a higher standard of living.

I know at least a half dozen Thai women living or planning to live in the West and none have anything to do with prostitutes.

The perception of Thai women as prostitutes is usually harbored by men who primarily have only sought the company of Thai prostitutes, or who treat Thai women as if they are prostitutes whatever their occupation. Be careful not to support this sort of harmful discrimination.

Thai women tend to be at a disadvantage in patriarchal Thai society, as well as in trying to work their way up as foreigners overseas. The Thai women I know already have to deal with being joked about or perceived as prostitute material. I can clearly remember a Thai women friend of mine becoming upset that I left her alone with a guy who had been to Thailand and was trying to talk to her in the few Thai phrases he knew. He was treating her like the girls in the bars in Pattaya. An actual close friend of mine referred to someones Thai girlfriend in the West as his "Thai hooker". The girl in question was anything but that.

Here Here

I worked in Thailand for nearly 2.5 years and had a Thai friend, who is a girl over to stay with me and my family. The jokes some very hurtful not just for her but also me were way off the mark! The young lady in question is a very successful business woman selling foreign property to very wealthy high hair Thais her father a successful Lawyer.

Here Here

I worked in Thailand for nearly 2.5 years and had a Thai friend, who is a girl over to stay with me and my family. The jokes some very hurtful not just for her but also me were way off the mark! The young lady in question is a very successful business woman selling foreign property to very wealthy high hair Thais her father a successful Lawyer.

Interesting to learn. Can you be a little more specific? Selling foreign property...which country(ies)?

LaoPo

:o 3 and a half years in prison?Out in one.Not deported.British justice.Finest in the world. :D

3 and a half year sentence means she will probably be eligible for release half way through her sentence, 21 months. She would be released on licence until she is two thirds of the way through her sentence - 28 months - and she would have to abide by attached conditions, such as live in a certain place and report to probation officers. Breaching these conditions can mean returning to prison. So she will not be out in one year.

As pointed out by taxexile, why should a British citizen be deported from the UK at the end of her sentence?

British justice may be far from perfect, but it is also far better than most countries (especially if you are the accused).

As pointed out by taxexile, why should a British citizen be deported from the UK at the end of her sentence?

I didn't read anywhere that they intended to deport her from the UK at the end of her sentence. What I did read is that she would be deported (extredited) to the UK from Thailand to serve her sentence.

However theres nothing to stop the Home Office from stripping her of British Nationality and then deporting her should they choose to do so as she didn't renounce her Thai Nationality. The only time that they can't strip someone of British Nationality is if that would leave them without a Nationality :o

Edited by moonoi

Hi moonoi,

I was responding to baboons post. He/she seemed to be suggesting that she should be deported at the end of her sentence.

While the Asylum, Immigration and Nationality Act 2002, gives the powers to deprive a person of British citizenship, it is only in cases where the person has done something "seriously prejudicial to the vital interests of the UK", or was fraudulent in their application (unless, as you rightly pointed out, it leaves them stateless). I would suggest that this would not be considered serious enough. Cherie Blair and her Human Rights lawyer friends would see to that.

:o

Hi

we all read on Thaivisa.com what foreigners do here in the kingdom when given a visa! Probably beside south america one of the first places to escape europe courts!?

Yes, more brothels wouldn't harm and may solve problems, but NOT with HUMAN TRAFFICING, and that is almost unavoidable, at least unprovable, sorry to say!

If you live here in TH and/or visit once in a while our nighbour countries and keep your ears and eyes open, not only the pants, know a bit about the local languages, you can hear and see very sad things even here, not being naive! Even being critical and not believing everything!

dan

The horror. Just imagine, a Thai woman involved in prostitution in another country? It boggles the mind, the things these women do after they are given a visa.

I hope that all her assistants are given free flights back to Somtamland.

On the other hand, perhaps if there were more brothels in England there would be less violence and vandalism? :jap:

At one time I worked with the US Justice Department. I was involved in a case where Thai women were being smuggled into the US for prostitution. Typically they had 2 or 3 VISAS that they used repeatedly to bring new girls in. They would then mail the same passports back to Thailand and bring in two more. The new girls looked similar enough to the ones in the picture (both being Thai) that the screeners at the immigration desks couldn't tell the difference.

They would often pick the same lines each time and would look for white men who they guessed couldn't tell one thai girl from the next. From conversations that I translated these women certainly enjoyed being prostitutes and after being shipped back to Thailand, they were often able to sneak back into the country illegally after just a short time.

I am not sure if security has improved since 9/11. I doubt it would be hard to find a Thai prostitute within 5 miles of me though.

As far as statistics, Thai women are certainly more involved in prostitution than most other nationalities. It is thought that over a million Thai women are prostitutes overseas and more than that within Thailand. While it seems like a horrible stereotype to say that Thai women are prostitutes, there are certainly underlying statistics to this stereotype. Most stereotypes have a reason for being. While only 5-10% of Thai women are prostitutes, that number is incredibly high when you compare it to 1% of American women. If prostitution was acceptable in the US though, the number of US women involved would likely be equal to the number in Thailand.

The frightening part about such high numbers is that prostitutes generally become alcoholics, drug addicts and eventually high suicide risks.

I realize that no one wants to be lectured to but people who support prostitution are responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of women annually due to suicide or homicide.

Thai women are wonderful, beautiful people. I am married to one. They are kind and gentle and unselfish. Unfortunately, they are often taken advantage of by men who could care less about their emotional well-being.

Strangely enough, prostitutes report a much higher self-esteem than non-prostitutes. They often feel beautiful because men want them and many are well-paid. This perceived higher self-esteem is an illusion however as so many are destroyed by illegal drugs and depression leading to suicide.

"It is thought that over a million Thai women are prostitutes overseas and more than that within Thailand."

That seems to be a very big number - if we assume say 30 million Thai females then look at their demographic spread you are looking at a very high % of girls/women between say 15 and 35 are prostitutes?