New Flashcard Program

ThaiNotes

I've completely rewritten the flashcard program on my website adding a number of new features, including the ability to type your answer (good for practising typing I thought), automatically flipping cards after a few seconds, and recycling of wrong answers. You can also create your own packs of cards. Before I fully release the program it would be great if a few people could check whether the beta version works for them. (I've tested Safari 5, IE 11, Firefox 28, Opera 12 and Chrome 33, but there are so many combinations of browser version and operating system that it's impossible to test them all.) The program is at:

http://thai-notes.com/flashcards/flashcards_plus.shtml

The Editor to create your own packs is at:

http://thai-notes.com/flashcards/flashcard_editor.shtml

Any and all feedback much appreciated, either here or via the Feedback page on the website.

Known issues are:

(1) Problems with scrollbars displaying correctly

(2) Occasional ugly font handling - particularly with IE and Opera

Thanks in anticipation.

A small typo:

Beautiful - สวยง

Aunt (elder sister of parent) - ป้

Plimsols/sneakers รองเท้าผ้าฝบ

The English and Thai text overlap

Sometimes the text goes further than the grey flash card area

Looks ok, Chromium 33, ubuntu 12.04

PS. The other parts of your website also look really great!

Edited by kriswillems

• 4 weeks later...

hi, i just had a go at the describing food flash cards and i ticked the type answer box at the top, and once i've flipped the card after typing it only gives me the option of pressing the red cross confirming i got it wrong, which i didn't, it did it on everything….sad.png.pagespeed.ce.5zxzyGiJz0.png

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry for the problem. Unfortunately, I'm not sure why this isn't working for you.

I presume that what you typed (displayed next to the red cross) is exactly matching the larger word displayed above to the right.

All I can think of is that you might not be typing the above/below characters in the correct sequence. (It should be consonant, then above/below vowel, then tone mark.) It may look correct on the screen if you don't use this order, but technically it's wrong and it won't match.

Do you only get this problem with "describing food"? Or is it with all packs?

If you change the language direction so you're typing English, do you still get the same problem?

Which browser and version number are you using?

If anybody else has the same problem, could they let me know so I can try and find some pattern with what's going wrong?

Thanks