Ubc

Chainat1

Hi All

Does anyone know if UBC are showing the World Cup? I was told they are showing all the games then I was told they do not have the TV rights to show any of the games, only highlights.

Does anyone know?

Thanks

C1

Hi All

Does anyone know if UBC are showing the World Cup? I was told they are showing all the games then I was told they do not have the TV rights to show any of the games, only highlights.

Does anyone know?

Thanks

C1

The ''Search forum'' facility doesn't work very well ... but it does work.

UBC does NOT show a thing....... definitely..... from what we could learn from this forum and the bangkok Post schedule, all the Thai channels 3,5,7,9,11 show the games, though the comment will be in Thai only..... seems like the only way to get an english comment is that south-African SUPERSPORTS channel, but nobody really knows WHICH of the cable networks does have it....

so many threads about the "who shows which game" "where can I see the games" "will English comment be available anywhere".... but in the end there where mostly rumours.... and still nobody was able to tell us desperate fans WHICH cable network delivers that South-African channel to our screens.... :-( really nobody has a clue ?

shouldnt this world-cup thing be pinned in TV after somebody knows the WHOLE TRUTH ?

my bet is UBC will show the games in english commentary, though for some reason they dont advertise it. tell me what you want, but ESPN and Star Sports will not miss out on not showing the biggest sporting event of the year.

tell me what you want, but ESPN and Star Sports will not miss out on not showing the biggest sporting event of the year.

They will when they have coverage spanning several countries and would need to buy the rights to show the World Cup in each of those countries. The World Cup rights are sold country by country and I don't think ESPN/Star Sports could afford to buy the rights for all the countries where they have coverage. Particularly when football is so popular in Asia and the rights will be priced accordingly...

cool, I love those thai commentaries.

o-hooooo (with descending and ascending hooooo)

english commentary will be available in certain pubs showing the games on big screens. yes, they hire their own DJ's to do the job.

sure, they got the background sounds.

one solution might be to look for an internet radio station broadcasting live commentaries. just shut up the thai commentary on the TV and listen to the stream broadcast ...

anyone know if for thai TV they will have at least the background sound of the stadium/fans, etc. or just thai commentary? that would ruin it..

I often watch the Champions League matches on channel 3 and with dual language TV you could turn off the "Beckham Krap" Real Madrid Krap" comentary and get the English Language comentary.

On odd occasions there was no commentary when "English" mode was used but you did get the sound of the crowd inside the stadium and no "Krapping". It is possible that this will be the case during World Cup, but don't bank on it.

cool, I love those thai commentaries.

o-hooooo (with descending and ascending hooooo)

english commentary will be available in certain pubs showing the games on big screens. yes, they hire their own DJ's to do the job.

very funny comment :D:D:D

i hope also this time chang beer do somethings for exclude pubblicity(mai mii kotsana' :D )like 4 years ago

otherwise every 5 minutes thai channel interrupt game for pubblicity :o