Body of Naked Foreign Vagrant found at abandoned construction site in Jomtien

webfact

My own suggestion we do a bit to help those people by setting up a foundation to give shelter , food and support , As some of our members have capacity in assistance. In many years we read news and time pass by noting happen. It's not about money contribution but the love and care even street dogs are well feet. This farang maybe losing money and hope. I hope we can change the coming future more victims ended this way.

I think you have wandered into the wrong Forum Bkungbank? Be gone with you lest somebody might agree with such sentiments and all is lost. That being said in jest .... Your absolutely right. There for the grace of God go all of us .... The fickle hand of fate devours lambs as well as sheep.

Edited by Nip
  • Like 2

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see the police on the ball, since they decided that he is a vagrant.

I read the reference to the word vagrant. It does not say the police used that word. It appears to have been chosen by the person who composed the article. I may be wrong, but then I'm not perfect.

In any case, a very sad story. RIP Dear Man.

There but for the grace of God.......................RIP

Do not believe God had anything to do with it, people make decisions everyday that will affect them down the road. This guy made the decisions that seemed to work for him, who are we to second guess them. Best wishes to the family and friends in their time of grief

You may not be familiar with the expression ' There but for the grace of God go I'. It is not used in a religious context.

Anyway, a couple of wrong turns in a place like Pattaya, the wrong girl, the wrong 'friends', a robbery, a mishap, and many people end up like this unfortunate man.

Do not believe God had anything to do with it, people make decisions everyday that will affect them down the road. This guy made the decisions that seemed to work for him, who are we to second guess them. Best wishes to the family and friends in their time of grief
You may not be familiar with the expression ' There but for the grace of God go I'. It is not used in a religious context.

Anyway, a couple of wrong turns in a place like Pattaya, the wrong girl, the wrong 'friends', a robbery, a mishap, and many people end up like this unfortunate man.

It's always been in a religious context when I have heard it.

"Police were not unable" I assume they were able to locate I.D

So they got his ID;;;;;;;;;; that's how they know the poor bastard was a vagrant ;;;;; Rest peacefully wai2.gif

The OP reads The police were not unable to find I.D.

I think that is a misprint and should read, the police were unable to find I.D.

That is why he is described as European.

At least he ended his days amongst palm trees and the ocean and maybe he deliberately chose that.

Yeah right, Pattaya is the last place a sane person would want to live for the beach and palm trees.

You never mentioned the pimps, drug addicts alkies, con men, mafia, etc.

There are beautiful beaches in Thailand with no tourists and vultures - any sane vagrant would go there.

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If you really believe this then you know little of the life of homeless people. A western homeless man would last no time on a beautiful beach without tourists. To use the UK as an example (its where I know). The majority of the homeless tend to go to larger cities as there are services, people in a similar situation and more opportunities to get money, food etc. Just because someone has become homeless it does not mean they do not still crave conversation. Don't mistake a homeless person for a hermit.

Pattaya is exactly the place I would go if I was in that situation. Lots of people of my nationality and the ability to become invisible when required. The beach may not be the best but sitting and looking at the sea is still a very pleasant way to while away the hours.

what a sad way to die, on your own

I can't really think of a happy way to die, or an un-sad way.

However, look at it the other way. The way this man died, he did NOT ruin the whole day (or week or month) for a dozen family members and in-laws gathered around his bedside waiting for him to go, then calling the authorities, doing the paperwork and all that. The dying person always has a horrible day, but in this case, he was the only one.

A vagrant or a bum, same shi7, not able to take care of himself here or wherever he's coming from. Did he really think anybody would care about him here in the 3. world?

The guy was a loser and is better off where he is now. RIP. coffee1.gif

If he would've waited ten more days until Songkran, he could've went out with a bang instead kept on trucking and ran out of gas...sucks. That what I'd done if I wanted to off myself,...skinny dark hookers and illegal substances until my heart exploded....(hypothetically speaking lol)!

At least he ended his days amongst palm trees and the ocean and maybe he deliberately chose that.

Yeah right, Pattaya is the last place a sane person would want to live for the beach and palm trees.

You never mentioned the pimps, drug addicts alkies, con men, mafia, etc.

There are beautiful beaches in Thailand with no tourists and vultures - any sane vagrant would go there.

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

one homeless man said " Pattaya is Disneyland for old men "smile.png

Now I’m pretty popular here on Jomtien beach. They even call me “the beach boy from Manchester.” I have many friends, they take care of me, they like my personality. I never beg, but when I need it they give me money. Once I was arrested, and I needed 5000 baht to pay the bail, and my friends gave it to me. So I survive because I’m me.I also stopped talking to my friends in England. They wouldn’t even send me 10 pounds when I was starving.

At least here, I have the sun and the beach.

Photo Essay: Homeless foreigners living down and out in Pattaya

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/11/06/photo-essay-homeless-foreigners-living-down-and-out-pattaya

I’m ready for death now

My days are boring and depressing. I just sit on the beach, drink beers and smoke cigarettes. I tried to quit alcohol and went to the Alcoholic Anonymous, but it’s not for me, not in this situation.

Rest in Peace, mate.

Yeah, tough way to go. Of course, dying alone is tough anywhere, at least it seems so for those of us looking in. I do wonder about these old dudes moving to Pattaya from Mannheim, Manchester or Brussels, living out their years going to the local, talking up the bar girls, drinking with the other migrants. But then again, imagine those last days spent in Mannheim, Manchester or Brussels, would it have been better?

Maybe I've missed it but I didn't read anything about him being 'old'.

European ? he could be Australian , American etc .....anyway , it is always sad to end up that way ..... RIP fellow

Would "of European descent" make you happy?

RIP to a lost soul.

I bet the real word, 'caucasoid' wouldn't make you happy though!

It's always been in a religious context when I have heard it.

"' There, but for the grace of God, go I'"

My atheist friends and I (also) are known to use the expression.

How do they know he was a vagrant. Just because he had no I.D. and no clothes, Could be more to this.

no, i reckon it might have more to do with the fact that he was living in an abandoned construction site,

oddly, this gibes with the definition of vagrant:

one who has no established residence and wanders idly from place to place without lawful or visible means of support

I cant see how you could possibly take exception to that.

if i lose my home savings and take to living on the streets I too would be a vagrant as would you.

whether or or not there is "more to this" does not change the fact the term is apt.

In NZ to say 'European' is to mean 'White'. Which I believe is polite and politically correct. Can anyone tell me where this poor gent would be laid to rest? Would the burial be paid by the Govt? Thanks for any responses.

Yes, the same as my country.

Full Definition of EUROPEAN
: a native or inhabitant of Europe
: a person of European descent

Seriously? Look at the picture in the OP. Do you think he was even aware of palm trees and the ocean, given the squalor in which he spent his last moments?

Beyond a certain point, nothing but the next meal and a place to hunker down matters. Maslow's Hierarchy at work.

And I'm keenly aware it could easily happen to me- given a little bit of bad luck.

good god,

so the Thaivisa take away from this story is:

why did they call him a vagrant?

Why did they say he was naked?

how did they know he was European?

and one poke at a double negative in the article.

all of which are purely semantic questions except for the last one which is simple nitpicking.

These articles are not professionally written. you have to pay someone to do that and god know pattaya one is not setting the bar where comparative salaries are concerned. never mind that the reporter is bilingual enough to pick the report up off the police blotter or scanner in thai and write a passable coherent English article about it.

give it a rest.

the guy was a vagrant because he appeared to be living where he was found on the site.

the said he was naked because he was naked.

they suspect he is European because that is the term to describe most white folk, whose bloodlines originate in Europe.

i cant even bring myself to acknowledge the palm tree remark.

simple, iinnt?

Edited by HooHaa