Pheu Thai party told to stop fantasizing on conspiracy theory

webfact

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It must be a conspiracy because they are democratically elected.

No Conspiracy,PTP were brought down,by their own Corruption, abuse of power,and don't deserve to be allowed to govern the people with lying incompetence!

It must be a conspiracy because they are democratically elected.

No Conspiracy,PTP were brought down,by their own Corruption, abuse of power,and don't deserve to be allowed to govern the people with lying incompetence!

Lol. I was being sarcastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The caretaker PTP government dissolved parliament. Should they be re-elected in a new election they will start another 4 year term of office. They cannot complete their initial 4 year terms as they have dissolved it.

The courts and NACC must make all evidence and judgments transparent and public, regardless of what the decision is. Equally, PTP should "open the books" and show the reality. If they've been honest then they've nothing to fear and plenty to gain. If they've been lying, cheating and stealing then they should be prosecuted and if found guilty punished in accordance with the law.

Any government that puts itself above the law is not democratic, whether they came from election or not. Allow that to go unchecked will lead to a dictatorship. Accountability and transparency are key check and essential in any democracy.

It's disappointing there is no robust opposition challenging the caretaker government through political channels and the Democrats would do better to address their own failings to increase their appeal. But they received the second largest minority at the last full general election to PTP's largest minority and the gap wasn't mega, hardly a toxic reaction.

It's a very difficult situation though when a government cheats and abuses the parliamentary procedures, acts illegally, refuses to debate or provide information and openly defies court rulings.

I'm sorry but this really doesn't amount to a credible position.The whole world knows what is going on now - a slow judicial coup, showing contempt for the the Thai people by failed politicians and elites who can't win at the ballot box.

The Chicago Tribune (with no reason to take a partisan view) sums it up well.Nobody is being fooled here

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-rt-us-thailand-protest-judiciary-20140402,0,3999001.story

And I'm afraid that those that sow the wind will reap the hurricane.

Pick that up in some western? Lol. Oooooooooo....here comes the hurricane!! Oooooooo. Brother that'll have 'em shakin' in their boots. You drama queens DO think alike.

Whatever the "world according to you" might think, most people understand what's really going on here, and it's not a "judicial coup" (unless you define that, as the shin-rouge tend to do, as those rascally judges sending down decisions that unfortunately don't allow them to continue their unashamed and obvious abuse of power). Points for repetition of the talking points, however. The more intelligent and objective throughout the land understand the Thaksin oligarchy however, and either see it as a big problem (that would be the anti-government protesters) or a crony-run feeding trough to be eaten out of (that's pronounced pee-tee).

Keep up the weather forecasts though. Very entertaining.

The caretaker PTP government dissolved parliament. Should they be re-elected in a new election they will start another 4 year term of office. They cannot complete their initial 4 year terms as they have dissolved it.

The courts and NACC must make all evidence and judgments transparent and public, regardless of what the decision is. Equally, PTP should "open the books" and show the reality. If they've been honest then they've nothing to fear and plenty to gain. If they've been lying, cheating and stealing then they should be prosecuted and if found guilty punished in accordance with the law.

Any government that puts itself above the law is not democratic, whether they came from election or not. Allow that to go unchecked will lead to a dictatorship. Accountability and transparency are key check and essential in any democracy.

It's disappointing there is no robust opposition challenging the caretaker government through political channels and the Democrats would do better to address their own failings to increase their appeal. But they received the second largest minority at the last full general election to PTP's largest minority and the gap wasn't mega, hardly a toxic reaction.

It's a very difficult situation though when a government cheats and abuses the parliamentary procedures, acts illegally, refuses to debate or provide information and openly defies court rulings.

I'm sorry but this really doesn't amount to a credible position.The whole world knows what is going on now - a slow judicial coup, showing contempt for the the Thai people by failed politicians and elites who can't win at the ballot box.

The Chicago Tribune (with no reason to take a partisan view) sums it up well.Nobody is being fooled here

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-rt-us-thailand-protest-judiciary-20140402,0,3999001.story

And I'm afraid that those that sow the wind will reap the hurricane.

Pick that up in some western? Lol. Oooooooooo....here comes the hurricane!! Oooooooo. Brother that'll have 'em shakin' in their boots. You drama queens DO think alike.

Whatever the "world according to you" might think, most people understand what's really going on here, and it's not a "judicial coup" (unless you define that, as the shin-rouge tend to do, as those rascally judges sending down decisions that unfortunately don't allow them to continue their unashamed and obvious abuse of power). Points for repetition of the talking points, however. The more intelligent and objective throughout the land understand the Thaksin oligarchy however, and either see it as a big problem (that would be the anti-government protesters) or a crony-run feeding trough to be eaten out of (that's pronounced pee-tee).

Keep up the weather forecasts though. Very entertaining.

It's probably more effective to reference some established and non-partisan resources rather than resort to simple minded platitudes.Are you able to do that? Thought not.

I apologise if my reference to possible consequences was too hyperbolic.My point, as I thought would have been obvious, is that repression of democracy may end up having some very unpleasant consequences for the perpetrators.

Even after a judicial coup and unelected rule by self appointed "good people" Thailand will have to go through a general election.It's unlikely the Thai people will be in a forgiving mood.

Wait....if PTP thinks that the political system is so rigged that "independent agencies", political parties, courts etc. can conspire to overthrow a democratically elected government that works on legal principles it surely means they're supporting reforms before elections?

At least then "we follow the democratic way" (still my favourite/most listened to comment of the good PM) cheesy.gif

yo dude.

Why did not suthep and abhisit change the constitution when they were in power????? Because they like all the power it gave them.

The fact is that Abhisit did nothing about reform when in power.As to his criticism of conspiracy theories, it would seem to be a little premature.It might make sense if an elected government was not overthrown by a partisan judicial system (with many judges installed on the back of a military coup).If the current government serves out its term and there is no imposition of an unelected "neutral" PM then Abhisit might have a point, and I would be the first to acknowledge it.In the meantime Abhisit should concentrate on making himself and his party less toxic to the Thai people so they might have a chance to win power fairly without resort to gangsters and compliant judges.

"Toxicity" doesn't have anything to do with it, obviously, with the last election winner being a party run by a self serving convicted criminal with thousands of deaths in his hands and supported by people that openly cheer the murder of innocents.

Wait....if PTP thinks that the political system is so rigged that "independent agencies", political parties, courts etc. can conspire to overthrow a democratically elected government that works on legal principles it surely means they're supporting reforms before elections?

At least then "we follow the democratic way" (still my favourite/most listened to comment of the good PM) cheesy.gif

yo dude.

Why did not suthep and abhisit change the constitution when they were in power????? Because they like all the power it gave them.

The fact is that Abhisit did nothing about reform when in power.As to his criticism of conspiracy theories, it would seem to be a little premature.It might make sense if an elected government was not overthrown by a partisan judicial system (with many judges installed on the back of a military coup).If the current government serves out its term and there is no imposition of an unelected "neutral" PM then Abhisit might have a point, and I would be the first to acknowledge it.In the meantime Abhisit should concentrate on making himself and his party less toxic to the Thai people so they might have a chance to win power fairly without resort to gangsters and compliant judges.

"Toxicity" doesn't have anything to do with it, obviously, with the last election winner being a party run by a self serving convicted criminal with thousands of deaths in his hands and supported by people that openly cheer the murder of innocents.

I presume by "murder of innocents" you are referring to the deaths of Southern Muslims and those executed in the Drugs War.The problem for your argument (and I'm afraid it completely eviscerates your case) is that these policies were enthusiastically supported by those most eager to destroy the present government.

Bad misjudgement for Abhisit to try to face this issue down. He cannot even begin to counter all the available and utterly blatant evidence. It's hard to understand how he can still be in politics - the Democrats as a party are surely politically bankrupt after refusing to take part in the recent election.

For those advocating reforms yet unable to provide any specific examples of any, here is one that is urgently needed: all members of any political party that refuses to take part in a general election should be banned from politics for five years. Sorted.

You know what is urgently needed? All members of any political party who are corrupt must convicted, send to jail and banned from politics for LIFE!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

yo dude.

I presume by "murder of innocents" you are referring to the deaths of Southern Muslims and those executed in the Drugs War.The problem for your argument (and I'm afraid it completely eviscerates your case) is that these policies were enthusiastically supported by those most eager to destroy the present government.

On the contrary, it absolutely proves that the taint of being a contemptible human being has anything to do with electorability, to coin a term.

The cheering and clapping was the conclave of Red Shirt leaders in Chiang Mai with the "good news" of five murdered (including two children) in Trat.

Alas, Pheu Thai is not the only one fantasizing about conspiracy theories. The UDD has turned them into a cottage industry. UDD radio thrives on them. And Pheu Thai/UDD supporters thrive on them as well. The whole point of the conspiracy theories of Pheu Thai and the UDD and their supporters is that they underscore their true aim - and that is to somehow discredit the judgments and authority of the judicial agencies, and in so doing, manage to undermine the very legitimacy and authority of the rule of law itself. That's their aim. And they have somehow convinced themselves that's democracy.

So Scamper, in your view, the judiciary and courts are NOT corrupt at ALL? Comment?

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Alas, Pheu Thai is not the only one fantasizing about conspiracy theories. The UDD has turned them into a cottage industry. UDD radio thrives on them. And Pheu Thai/UDD supporters thrive on them as well. The whole point of the conspiracy theories of Pheu Thai and the UDD and their supporters is that they underscore their true aim - and that is to somehow discredit the judgments and authority of the judicial agencies, and in so doing, manage to undermine the very legitimacy and authority of the rule of law itself. That's their aim. And they have somehow convinced themselves that's democracy.

So Scamper, in your view, the judiciary and courts are NOT corrupt at ALL? Comment?

Nah, in the yellow paradigm, all of Thailand is a sea of corruption. Except the judiciary, through some fortunate happenstance.

yo dude.

On the contrary, it absolutely proves that the taint of being a contemptible human being has anything to do with electorability, to coin a term.

I have no idea what point you are making.Please try and express yourself clearly.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

No conspiracy here just the criminal actions of the government are being investigsted, I only wonder what took them so long.

well my question to you good sir is when is your beloved suthep going to go to court to answer the charges against him????????????????????

Can you EVER stick to the topic in question?

offtopic.gif.pagespeed.ce.ifZtFTWxj3.pngofftopic2.gif.pagespeed.ce.kcjFR6YG46.gi

• Like 1

Nah, in the yellow paradigm, all of Thailand is a sea of corruption. Except the judiciary, through some fortunate happenstance.

You might be right there, even Thaksin while 'abroad' has won cases.

Good to see Abhisit come back into the spotlight a bit, now all he needs to do is say he'll contest the next elections, Come on Team Abhisit!! biggrin.png

yea come and lose again Abhisit... come on you know you can do it - just one more time (I feel a song coming on)

Wow,how old are you?

Be nice if our resident expert commented... Though I think not for obvious reasons.... ;)

yo dude.

Jayboy, I'm surprised you didn't know that Abhisit DID do something about reform. He put together am independent reform committee to come up with proposals. Do you really think the red shirts would have let the Democrats make the changes that they wanted?

Sent from my phone...

And so what were the recommendations of this committee? When did Abhisit implement them?

You have to be kidding. The judiciary is appointed. They follow the dictates of the ones who appoint them. This is why Thailand has judicial coups.

yo dude.

Jayboy, I'm surprised you didn't know that Abhisit DID do something about reform. He put together am independent reform committee to come up with proposals. Do you really think the red shirts would have let the Democrats make the changes that they wanted?

Sent from my phone...

And so what were the recommendations of this committee? When did Abhisit implement them?

They released a report shortly before the 2011 election. Yingluck has completely ignored it.

Sent from my phone...

Sent from my phone...

Abhisit was a wee bit busy with unruly anti-government protesters apart from leading an almost minority coalition government. Now I don't have info on the reform committee, but even if they came with proposals I would be surprised if the Democrat party could muster enough support in parliament to try to have the changes be lawfull. Also the Pheu Thai in opposition use to requests committees, court and whathaveyou even if Abhisit lifted a finger, to ask if he had the right to lift a finger, if it was appropriate for the situation, if it was the right finger and if the level to which it was raised was within legal limits imposed on non-red-shirt PMs'?

Though there is financial corruption in the judiciary, it is not the main problem at present.See the useful analsysis below:

http://www.fairobserver.com/article/thailand-democracy-endangered-juristocracy-69712